Can you really profit from a freeroll tournament

donny306

donny306

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cant say because i never really won first place.

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you can. There are two ways to look into this. First one is to hunt for small wins regularly which will become a good sum in few months.
The another approach is to target the final table but for this you have to play like a maniac but whenever you win, you win big.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Well, you can't lose anything in a freeroll, so all that's left is to make a profit :)

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Of course you can have profits, it is a freeroll! You have to try first, and play good poker!

pink_floyd67

pink_floyd67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you have the time and patience you might win a few dollars, but i disagree that you can make money with free rolls. Most of them the winning is very small. Most take over 3 hours to finish. A lot of the big ones have lottery players going all in all the time.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I like to play freerolls. You won’t win much money there, but it’s fun and there’s no risk of losing your money.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I took third in a cardschat freeroll got 3rd put it in a big tourney the 7k early bird 11$ buy in 880+people and took third all in one night.Ive won 250$ freeroll win on NLOP before so its definitley doable and it feels goof to! Have confidence you can too!

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Of course you can benefit from the freerolls, even if you do not win the 1st place of the tournament, remember that they are free and you only invest your time in them, everything you can earn in them that helps to build your bank or improve it, and is a money that you get with investing your time nothing more

J

jospel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can't lose

You can only win in a free roll. Winning money is profit.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did profit from FR, especially from CC.

The only thing you lose is time, but you will learn somethings from it if you are serious. :five:

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Back in the stars days, it was easy. Not so much anymore. Not enough games.

T

ty taylor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
certainly freerolls are the easiest way to start a bankroll from nothing.my advice is to gamble what winnings you have accomplished in a freeroll tourny into a real money tournament. it just takes placing in a real money entry tourny to really start earning some real winnings. cash games are quickest way but if youre playing with too much of your bankroll it might prevent you from playing pots you would win.

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes - any win in a freeroll is profit which you can use to build a bankroll and play cash or $ tournaments. It's a great way to try to make money without having to deposit.

A

alannalmeida

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think so

Just because you don't even pay to play, and if you play well you will win some money, doesn't matter how much, i think the more important don't push yourself to win by anyway. can you understand what i'm saying?

For example, you can play a freeroll and win few pennys, and even wether you reach in the last ones positions, after that invest your pennys in the other bet, as soon you win, you will do money without spend your own money. Do you know what that means? profit =D

best luck to you and let`s try win our first one freeroll

abzdolc

abzdolc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls - great start to take part in few tournaments / minumun cash games, when you won some money.
I guess it's wrong to think that you'll play freerolls and got money each time, and it could be the only game to play, but it's a nice start if you don't want to risk a lot using own money, or to add one more table in the current session, just why not?)

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

If at first you don't succeed...try...try again.

If after a long while you find that you can not succeed the way you want to...reexamine your game.

Good luck !

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I depends on how valuable your time is. As they are freerolls every time you cash you have a huge return on your $0 investment. If you have better things to do with your time - is it worth spending 6 hours to make $2? Better of getting a job.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls to build a bankroll and gain playing experience.It's possible...

wilmer907907

wilmer907907

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course you can benefit, it does not matter if you get the first place. The important thing is that you can earn money without having to risk anything, it is the best investment you can make. regards

pandaboy

pandaboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First if you make some money at freeroll, next you can increase your br at micro... there is no need to win first place ... i play cc freeroll for improve my game ... because i play with out software and from phone

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You will have a better profit in the freerolls, than in the play money tournaments.

MasterFlame

MasterFlame

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do remember - a while back now - one of the professionals (Ferguson I think it was) who said its possible to make $10K in ONE MONTH starting with a freeroll. I'm sure he done it and I don't know if anyone else has done it since?

Also freerolls are about pure luck, today I had AA, went all in, got called by a guy with 7 9 off suit (was about 3 grand over BB) and he hit a straight on the river!

Last edited by a moderator:
Aristodemus_

Aristodemus_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are not pure luck, just like with any tournament you need to have a bit of luck at key moments but it's the same with any MTT. If you play hyper style tournaments the luck factor does go up considerably.
It's possible to consistently do well in freerolls, and as others have pointed out it is risk free. Keep going, even if you are not cashing you should be learning and improving in this style. Good luck :)

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, of course, because freerolls can not lose their money, the more you can win them for free. But winning a prize is very difficult, because in the freeroll play a lot of inadequate players who turn the tournament into a lottery, but there is a way out - you need to try to play only with strong hands.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Take a look around at Cardschat you will see the Freerolls and Special Events available here and the prizes on offer every week and every month.

It is very easy to profit from freerolls and get your bankroll going.

However I do agree it is extremely hard to win anything descent from freerolls not named Cardschat as the field size is so large and it ends up being bingo. There are some really descent ones on party poker but you would have had to make a deposit before you can play them.

And for the comment above freeroll is about pure luck that is not just freerolls alone that is Poker on a whole that sort of things happens on all levels especially on the turbos just got to understand how to deal with. Someone call my 4bet jam with 23 suited on a $11 tourney this week and ran down my Kings, I feel so cheated sometimes in this game but just have to come again and try harder next time and hope the luck is with me.

Last edited: