Are you a late-registration sniper?

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so...tried to put screen shot in post.... asks for URL. my images of lobby results saved to my HDD. doesn't want file path... wants url... do I have to upload to cloud then add that way? why no HDD file path? idk.... gonna have to get the kids to help me with this one. lol

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I late register most of the time. Only cause I really don't care for the late registration It does seem like its not fair to the players who been in since it started. I feel like if there going to have late registration do it for only 30mins tops and that's all I have to say about that:0) good luck out there though

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not fair???? when i late registered with my 2k chips... the chip leader had 60k..... he/she didn't make the FT. but hey. it wasn't fair. /)

L

lokinet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never late reg myself but I hadn't realised that you can be in the cash almost straight away. The reason I don't do it is because you are straight into shove mode and therefore need good hands and luck right away just to survive.

i have the same feeling. of course you save some time you dont have to play but if you start so late it is more game that you receive a good hand to double up at least once. so i use late registration if I cant make it ealier and really want to polay but normaly I try tp play the whoe game because for me i can make more mistakes but also learn more of it.

i think lie the most it depends on the type of player you are.

P

passmg2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes come in late but my preference is to enjoy the tournament from the start and learn. I find I don't play as loose.

demodawggy

demodawggy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hola folks...!

I'm new here.... Always thought CardsChat was a mostly European thing for Europeans... I was wrong.... LOTS of Canuckistanis here...!:D

I usually always late register whenever possible,...depending on several factors... Mainly to get past all the donks playing like idiots...!:p

P

passmg2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^ you make a great point! I guess that means to get past me … lol

Pharaoh39

Pharaoh39

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on what tournament it is. If I feel I might have an edge, I'll come in late. If it's a special tournament, I like to be there on time.

If you want to avoid tournaments that allow late registers, you should enter into freeze outs.

P

Pocemon12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always start from the beginning of the tournament to have time to fill slowly chips by the end of registration and feel comfortable.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on what tournament it is. If I feel I might have an edge, I'll come in late. If it's a special tournament, I like to be there on time.

If you want to avoid tournaments that allow late registers, you should enter into freeze outs.
Most Freezeouts offer late registration.

I think you mean to avoid re-entry or re-buys.

vic88888

vic88888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hola folks...!

I'm new here.... Always thought CardsChat was a mostly European thing for Europeans... I was wrong.... LOTS of Canuckistanis here...!:D

I usually always late register whenever possible,...depending on several factors... Mainly to get past all the donks playing like idiots...!:p

Hey Demodawggy. Welcome to CC. Glad you could make it.

P

patv61

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate late registrations. I don't play tournements where late registration is possible for 2 to 3 hours. This is not fair in my opinion to those who are playing from the start

Jezdic

Jezdic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, i like to waith till last minute. And I play all in first strong A. :dong:

J

Jai_R

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to start at the beginning and hopes to stack, but every once in awhile, I like to come in during late regs. Hopefully I hit a streak early on so I can coast, but it really just depends what open and ready to go. If I hit a late reg that means, there's no one started right then and there.

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm a fan of late reg. But within reason. I generally won't late reg if I'll start with less than, say, less than 15-20bb though.

veritasi

veritasi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like registering tournaments in late regist. period, but i never do it on the last minutes, because than I'll have too small stack to play it

dzemer

dzemer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im hoping to tournament at late reg. only in one type of game, Bounty builders. There is 2h late registration and sb/bb raising very slow, when im start the game about 20 minutes before late reg is closed i have 5k chips and mostly im not the last one on the table :D

magik9118

magik9118

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do that when I'm in luck and ont To much time! so the money it s straight away 😎

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I was reading a thread earlier about when the best time to enter a tournament was, the majority of the answers seemed to agree that early on towards the start is typically the best time to join in most situations. That had me wondering though - how many of you out there will look for those late registration MTTs that are in the last level or two of registration to join in depending on how far from the bubble it is. I've done this multiple times trying to make a quick buck, or an easy way to turn a ticket into cash. I've heard of some people getting as lucky as registering and end up ITM before they even had a chance to play a hand. I feel like it doesn't work out for me most of the time personally, I prefer to join in for the long haul. But how many of you out there profit from taking advantages of these types of situations?? Any big wins out there from your late-reg sniping experiences?? Thoughts on why this is considered a bad idea in your book?

It depends on the length of the tournament registration. If the registration time is short for example: 20-30 minutes then late registration will not make a difference. But if it is 2-3 hours then you will have to deal with increased blinds to compensate for late registration.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the length of the tournament registration. If the registration time is short for example: 20-30 minutes then late registration will not make a difference. But if it is 2-3 hours then you will have to deal with increased blinds to compensate for late registration.
In the second case, everything will be decided by the factor of luck and not skill. as well as the cards with which you have to go or all or fold[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So I was reading a thread earlier about when the best time to enter a tournament was, the majority of the answers seemed to agree that early on towards the start is typically the best time to join in most situations. That had me wondering though - how many of you out there will look for those late registration MTTs that are in the last level or two of registration to join in depending on how far from the bubble it is. I've done this multiple times trying to make a quick buck, or an easy way to turn a ticket into cash. I've heard of some people getting as lucky as registering and end up ITM before they even had a chance to play a hand. I feel like it doesn't work out for me most of the time personally, I prefer to join in for the long haul. But how many of you out there profit from taking advantages of these types of situations?? Any big wins out there from your late-reg sniping experiences?? Thoughts on why this is considered a bad idea in your book?
I thought about doing it once for the venom. I had a $600 ticket and there were only 3 players at the time to get knocked out to get into the main event. It's a big risk because the blinds are so heavy you are forced to play a hand soon and that might not work out to well. I wish I took the chance because I played it later with early registration and got knocked out.

K

Karl Hernandez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the time I enter, when about half of the LateReg Time is over.

For me its the perfect tradeoff between timesaving and Chipsize.
Also i play way to many hands when Blinds are small, so i can reduce that too.

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
I just started looking for late reg games, but usually because there is nothing starting for a bit or I am a bit tired and dont want to play for 5 hours. It's always for pretty low stakes, so no big money will ever be won..lol. I have cashed a couple times. I got burned the other day though as I wasnt paying attention and got knocked down past the bubble by others doing exactly the same thing. I think it's a 50/50 shot.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well I think it may be a valid strategy in some moments, however I think for me, as I prefer to play the tournament to win the big prizes, I prefer to be from the beginning and win the chips of those who enter late

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
i swear i won more tournements by joining in the last minute of registration , allways all in with A+TJQKA , and with 99+ pairs and when i build a good stack i play normaly ,i feel bad for the players who played from start and one come in late and take theyr chips but thats the life , i didnt win toutnements from start as much as late , in late registration im more focused more fresh . Late registration all the way for me , when it hits it hits when not not