mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I like to register late but not at the last level and for me it depends on how much you increase the blinds, how long is the late registration, the initial stack, if the tournament is slow and the registration is 2 or more hours I register at half the time, if the tournament is turbo I like to play it from the 1st level, that depends on the tastes of each player, I have friends who register in the last second of the record, and I do not know how they do but they do very well

D

djsviga

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It will always depend on the structure of the tourney, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with registering before it starts or during the first levels, there is actually a lot of money to be made during these stages of a tournament as some players play a lot loosely (making a lot of mistakes) due to having so many bbs in their stacks.

E

edijs126

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I honestly think that it is better to sit down from the beginning of the tournament, because you will recognize your opponents and more chances to get to the final table, and the bubble is not so important because in many tournaments the bubble is not much different from the tournament fee but of course there are exceptions.

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not like late registration because many good spots occur at the beginning of tournament

So I do not see advantages in late registrations but sometimes do these records because of the desire to grind a few tournaments that are already underway

but I see this as a game advantage

:jd4:mateuspoker

J

Joonnn1212

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sniper Squad

People like to call me the Chris Kyle of sniping late registrations! There is a rapper from Pompano Beach, Florida by the name of Dieuson Octave. He created his own label when he blew up in the rap gang by the name of "Sniper Gang". When I am getting ready to register at the very end of late registration and sneak my way over to the table I like to play some Sniper Gang music. There is a song by him called "There He Go" and it is my go to. That is why they call me the Chris Kyle of sniping late registrations! #SniperGang :cool:

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yeah, this is good when it works.

Personally, I almost never start a MTT from the beginning. Usually join most tournaments around level four or five. Between a quarter and halfway through reg. perhaps..

At micro stakes there is a lot of maniac play during the first few levels and whilst that can be easy chips it can also see you out or crippled before the game has even started. I like to side-step all that and play against the remaining rational players and the lucky fish who will often be whales by this point.

Only my biggest, most important MTT's see me seated for hand one.

I've had mixed results with late late regs but saving myself two, three or more hours of play is pretty tempting when you can start from the beginning, play your little heart out, and due to one gross spot have less than starting stack at the exact same late stage.

My biggest online cash thus far came from a late reg rebuy worth only around 5bb's. Had a massive chip lead with four remaining but couldn't capitalise and finished 3rd.

Good topic! [emoji1303]

S

Streetwylde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't get how sniping at the last min would work very well. To me that's like paying to get in a tourney and your first move is you have to go all in because you are at 10 Bigs or even less...

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
have already said that I do not like games for late enrollment.But sometimes I go in at the last minute. most often buy - in is above the bankroll.All of it. And if you're lucky, you win. When playing several players get a good win.

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I do not like long late registration. sitting 4-5 hours from a couple of cents is not profitable. if the tournament is long I enter at the very end of the late registration and whatever happens I know that I have not spent much time

G

Gameplayraja

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not really but if i could i would. I don't think i am a horrible player but late regs always come in and snipe their way to the top easily. because everyone by that time is already salty/tilted and just wants a small pie from the big cake.

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've done this in turbo and bounty build tournaments. It worked, because I try to enter with at least 25BB. At this stage, when you get a good hand you have a great chance to call and fold your stack, which will almost take you to the ITM.

Z

zatchmo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unpopular opinion here, but here goes:

I am a big fan of regging late due to the fact that people love getting themselves in too deep and not wanting to risk more of their stack when they misplay hands, and it often ends up being pretty obvious when they do. I'm of course speaking to the $5.50-$33 MTT buyin range, but I've had the best results coming in with 25-40BB to my starting stack. I am pretty adept at stealing blinds, shoving within reasonable ranges, etc. and even speculating with less than stellar starting hands like 78suited, 9-Tsuited, etc. Position is key with this style of play, of course but that's my two cents. I prefer it over starting at the dead beginning of a 3-5 hour late reg on ACR. Satellites though MUST be started at the beginning as they start with shorter stacks. No exceptions.

J

jaggafrig

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very difficult because you must go all in immediately or 2 rounds and your broke because of blinds

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never tried this tactic
I think that luck will play a role here and not the technical side of the game.

badboydean00

badboydean00

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I was reading a thread earlier about when the best time to enter a tournament was, the majority of the answers seemed to agree that early on towards the start is typically the best time to join in most situations. That had me wondering though - how many of you out there will look for those late registration MTTs that are in the last level or two of registration to join in depending on how far from the bubble it is. I've done this multiple times trying to make a quick buck, or an easy way to turn a ticket into cash. I've heard of some people getting as lucky as registering and end up ITM before they even had a chance to play a hand. I feel like it doesn't work out for me most of the time personally, I prefer to join in for the long haul. But how many of you out there profit from taking advantages of these types of situations?? Any big wins out there from your late-reg sniping experiences?? Thoughts on why this is considered a bad idea in your book?
i like to wait 10 mins after reg to enter as most of the idiots who go all in all the time have gone:D

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I was reading a thread earlier about when the best time to enter a tournament was, the majority of the answers seemed to agree that early on towards the start is typically the best time to join in most situations. That had me wondering though - how many of you out there will look for those late registration MTTs that are in the last level or two of registration to join in depending on how far from the bubble it is. I've done this multiple times trying to make a quick buck, or an easy way to turn a ticket into cash. I've heard of some people getting as lucky as registering and end up ITM before they even had a chance to play a hand. I feel like it doesn't work out for me most of the time personally, I prefer to join in for the long haul. But how many of you out there profit from taking advantages of these types of situations?? Any big wins out there from your late-reg sniping experiences?? Thoughts on why this is considered a bad idea in your book?

Late registration indicates that you wish to enter the payment area within short time. And you would be happy with what ever you can get. But if you want to be at the top then i think late entrance is not a good idea.

GordyPoker

GordyPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can usually beat 40% of the field by regging late - but you will need a quick double up - if you can do this - it works and you should cash

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well i think is really easy to knockout late registration players, first of all the BB's and antes will give them short time to act, so basically the will go all-in with mediocre hands or their stack will die. And if they enter a pot with hesitation you just have to bullie them with a small bet (but to them is like half of the stack) and they will fold. If have to get lucky to survive, at least 4 all-ins with success.

F

fastjob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think it's a good thing the bigger stack players are always going to make better decisions.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, most of the time I am not playing late because I can play more hands than I would do at late registration.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Love the players who late-reg into the KO tourneys,,,they come in with guns a blazin,,, :rofl: I play to win a tournament,not just to cash,,,,so these guys are a great help along the way to doing that. ;) (and calling it a cool name like "late-reg snipers" doesn't make it a good idea,,,but nice try,,,i call them "stepping stones" to the final table) :cool:

Farseer

Farseer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah late registering PKOs is just burning money. Freezeouts / re-entries a different story and rebuys usually only good action is to late reg into add-on.

geitenkamper

geitenkamper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, at partypoker, the satelites, especially during the day, in the morning, at holidays during dinner, i like to play and make a profit out of it.

Its easy to win a $5,50 ticket with only a $1,10 buyin, f.e. at 700cet.
137,50 guaranteed while there is only like 60 players.

At the latest (52 minutes) registration there is only about 38 players left and you only need 1 hand or steal 2 times the BB to gain a ticket.

First 25 players get a ticket.

But thats satelites, normal tournaments i pre-register or i early register.

MrGoodFlop

MrGoodFlop

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had an experience once where I late reg'd in a freeroll and found myself ITM almost right away. That only happened once because I have not really been looking for those opportunities

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
late registration only if pressed for time..

I prefer to start tourney from the beginning; that way you can maneuver, when the blinds are lower, can make more mid-bets, semi-moves.
If you join right before the cut-off, the blinds will be way up; your first bet will be at least $100-$250. If your starting stack is only say $1500, you only have a few bets to build a decent stack to get anywhere the average stack.
But if I know I can only play for a short period of time, late reg is a viable option. With little time, bold moves are called for. Another plus, its more exciting to be making big moves almost every hand. But not the recommended way to build a bankroll.