Are you a late-registration sniper?

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this case, the main thing is to successfully increase your stack at a late entry.

M

Milan Godhania

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have tried, especially in KO tourney's and it did not go very well.

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I only do it during some Jackpot freerolls. Overall late registration is a mistake and leads to losses.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like late registration tournaments, seem to run too long. it is harder to play cause the players might have a massive chip lead coming into the tourneys late.

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I absolutely love late reg,and have had good results.If you can hit one good flop and get a few easy callers because your stack is nothing to them,depending on blinds size you might have 5 starting stacks after one good hand,some that have been playing that full two or three hours carefully may only have 2 starting stacks.Double or triple again and your at the top end of the rankings.I guess the real trick would be coupling it to good bankroll management so you can afford to lose a few in a row yet more than make up for it when you hit,i dont have good discipline for BRM and if i practice 1/100 or even 1/50 BRM ive been absolutely plagued with multiple ongoing discons every time,at stars that is.ACR was great!

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been known to join a late registration at the last minute. I'll usually go in, guns ablazing, and hope to double up quickly. It works more often than not, and if it doesn't, well, at least you didn't invest a lot of time.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to do a late registration sometimes.

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion it is not always a bad idea to enter the last moment of the registration, but it must be clear that the blinds will be against you and that at any moment you will have to go all in, in addition you have to take into account the difference of entering with late registration to a MTT with KO and a MTT that is not, simply because the MTT KO usually players pay you with wider ranges which makes it difficult to get to the bubble or perhaps stay in the tournament until a late stage, that is if it is an MTT KO I prefer to enter as soon as possible otherwise I could enter the last level. Good luck at the tables !!!

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dont like them when they are hours long should make them 45 minutes at most.

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always prefer to start tourney from begg, especialy because i play KO tourneys most and there latte regg is realy big dissadvantage...

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Late registration leads to the loss of chips automatically in my case.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So I was reading a thread earlier about when the best time to enter a tournament was, the majority of the answers seemed to agree that early on towards the start is typically the best time to join in most situations. That had me wondering though - how many of you out there will look for those late registration MTTs that are in the last level or two of registration to join in depending on how far from the bubble it is. I've done this multiple times trying to make a quick buck, or an easy way to turn a ticket into cash. I've heard of some people getting as lucky as registering and end up ITM before they even had a chance to play a hand. I feel like it doesn't work out for me most of the time personally, I prefer to join in for the long haul. But how many of you out there profit from taking advantages of these types of situations?? Any big wins out there from your late-reg sniping experiences?? Thoughts on why this is considered a bad idea in your book?

Hi There
I had the same feeling, That late registration is a waste
But,,. i said i should try it
If the blind are low and there are not many players then i think its a good ideoa to join the party
Otherwise...play it from the start. It will give you more opportuinities
Rgds

G

GrannySmit77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find the beginning of the tournaments a bit slow and boring so I skip 2-3 levels. I don't wait until the last minute of late reg. though. I still want to have enough chips to play.

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
late reg aggros usually annoy me
but often they are prospectors who get picked off as time goes on....

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ve heard pros that always late register but I never do well. I also feel that deeper stacked poker furthers my game. When I buy in with less the 50 bigs a lot of my game is link to math so I basically play like a robot. Deeper stacked causes me to play with more creativity.

R

Riversalmon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've gotten lucky a few times playing a late reg by doubling up with premium hands but I dont buy in late very often. I like grinding it out and build a big stack

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Getting in late puts you at a disadvantage I think, You start with the same amount of chips but in most cases at higher blinds. This means you have to get good cards fast to build a stack as apposed to starting with smaller blinds and playing speculative cards.

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Depends on the tournament and what your starting stack will be when you register, and where you are trying to place. If you're just trying to cash then this strategy works pretty well. I last minute late reg'd my way through the venom steps to a ticket.