Status
Not open for further replies.
J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless i got a good read on the villain,its hard fold KK preflop.

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In bubble there is no make sense to fold pokets KK in preflot if someone go all in ussully he have a A in hand and wait for the luck...I only fold KK after flop this is monster hand and just that fold it in preflop i just can not...

R

revskip

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm almost never folding KK.

The only time I might consider it is if three or more stacks ahead of me have already gone all in and even then I am tanking pretty hard before I fold.

T

ThePizzaman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would never fold Kings preflop even on the bubble If ya play to win the bubble dosent matter.Moving up money wouldnt matter if play to win so Go for it either your out or just dbled up thats poker

Vex444

Vex444

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope not going to happen not folding my KK here. Only hand ahead is AA and even if he has AK your ahead at this point. After flop is a different story.

S

SwiftHax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I'm running very deep in a tourney and someone with a similar stack 4-bet shoves or something. Seriously, there are situations like that, but they come up very rarely for me to be bothered about them.

C

ChipsOwnerRO

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never fold with KK, I play this hand in every situation, I simply feel bad folding with this kind of hand preflop. Postflop is another discussion: if I see the ace, surely I fold, or if I see a pocket of something on flop and my opponent makes a big bet/raise. It is something about all or nothing for me, but unfortunately I had two tournaments last week when I had KK and my all-in was called by AA...

zarzar78

zarzar78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i can't lay dawn a pairs of kings preflop, no way, just in only one condition : in the bubble of satellites and i will got this entry if i fold, other way in cash game or in a regular tournament , if i fold kings may be it's time to me to quit poker :)

D

Diesel51991

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
We recently had a convo about this folding KK or AA on the bubble or whenever. Personally I don't think you should ever fold either of them as they are hands you just can't, if you do why are you playing? Never pre-flop but any hand below yes there are situations like QQ I folded pre-flop on the button as I raised and had 4 all ins to look at.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We recently had a convo about this folding KK or AA on the bubble or whenever. Personally I don't think you should ever fold either of them as they are hands you just can't, if you do why are you playing?
There are certain bubble situations where folding pre is +EV, but they typically apply to satellites and DONs and not usually in regular tournaments. An exception might be in a situation where the next pay jumps are quite high and you're facing multiple shoves. You can take a virtually guaranteed pay jump or you can risk it all on your premium hand. Some people will choose to avoid the risk at that particular moment.

Normally in MTTs you should be playing for the win, not just a cash or the next pay jump, but in very specific situations the decision might be the most +EV one. It's always important in poker to never trust in absolutes. The best decisions aren't always the automatic ones nor the ones you've made every other time.

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand your reason for folding around the bubble but i cant think of a better way to bust out while holding KK. Yes you might run into AA but most people fold hands near the bubble in fear of not making the money. I try to take advantage as much as I can so folding KK is not an option for me. Only thing that could possibly change my mind is stack sizes

N

nativebar

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi guys ;)
there are 2 situations you can do this horrible task : fold kings!

1) If you truly think your tight opponent has AA, maybe you know their game is "only move all in preflop with AA" or whatever. Not saying thats the proper play for them, just that you know your opponent and their style.

2) The situation in which next player eliminated is the bubble.
Example: Just using rough numbers.... If I were in a $100 buy in tourny, with 199 other people, top 5 spots pay, 5th gets $1500, and we're down to 6 people. 1 or 2 of the players are real low and neither will be able to survive the next round of blinds unless they win. Say I'm in 3rd or 4th and have a good stack and can survive quite a few rounds of blinds. If the big stacks are tight and push, maybe just maybe the KK goes. I don''t know for certain. I'd actually have to be in the spot and weigh all the circumstances (chips, low stacks, how tight the others are, etc.)

V

V6mitg6rewh6re

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On bovada in smpo event 8 22$ buy in 10 left 9 make money I'm 7th in chips got kk in bb action in front raiser 3x bb of 6k reraise all in and a call I think for a min and fold the other guys call and turn over aces ak suited and queens aces won lol made me a lot of money folding kk preflop the one and only time I did it lol

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So after all the conclusion:
-Fold pocket kings preflop with a lot of people all in preflop, you may have the best hand but you won't have >50%. You can call to increase ur stack x4 but the risk to get knocked out is huge also.
-At the bubble with equal prices for everyone in the money, with a big stack all in and people with lowstack not in the pot.

You have those situations with AA vs KK, but your opponent can have a lot of cards which are worse then your kings. You should call the all-in and just hope your opponent doesn't have bullets. If he has and he beats you, it is unlucky and not your tournament. Next time better.

Agree?

itsmebobd

itsmebobd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey CCers, i am wondering what your oppinion is at folding pocket Kings preflop. It is hard to know when to fold to a 5-bet with pocket kings. I've folded pocket Kings a few times preflop, but this was in a tournament, close to a price, at the bubble for example and all prices equal. For example 11 people left, first 10 all get a price. you're in 5th position and someone with equal stack goes all in. I rather sit out and dont risk it with KK against a huge overbet.

Have you ever folded pocket Kings? Why and when do you decide to fold your Kings? Your opponent can have Queens, but also Aces. When you fold and see the Queens you'll feel stupid. When you fold and see he has Aces, you're a hero.

Honestly, the only way I can answer this is, the VERY very rare instance where you just KNOW you have kings, but they too have either kings or aces. Its either be dominated or chop, and in that situation I'd have to fold. I think in 10 years ive only done this once, but then again I wasnt a great player for quite some time. then again im prob not a great player now :)

itsmebobd

itsmebobd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On bovada in smpo event 8 22$ buy in 10 left 9 make money I'm 7th in chips got kk in bb action in front raiser 3x bb of 6k reraise all in and a call I think for a min and fold the other guys call and turn over aces ak suited and queens aces won lol made me a lot of money folding kk preflop the one and only time I did it lol

Very good example, I was thinking of only heads up folding them. But up against multiple opponents, and say a NIT at the local game raises, and a super NIT re-raises all in, I look down at kings.... think for a minute and have to fold, as I know she has aces.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I think a lot of responders have missed the fact that the OP states that he is sitting 5th and top 10 prizes are the same, if he calls he risks being stacked and if he gets stacked he will be bubble boy.

tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To me this is the same question asked about AA so often.

I'm pretty sure that the only time I am folding KK is when on the bubble of a satty where all places pay the same. But, my stack size relative to all the others will be a big factor!

mojoe2209

mojoe2209

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on the tournament, normally i never fold kk :D

Largebalance

Largebalance

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think folding pocket kings in any situation pre-flop is the biggest NIT move I have heard of other than folding P aces pre-flop. The odds of AA vs KK are huge something like 25 to 1.
I would worry more about having P kings vs AK as the other guy has 3 outs to win, if he hits an ace you are on a one outer. Again though the odds are very very high against this scenario, I have had it happen, I have also had it happen and hit my one out on the River which is one of the best highs in the world.
No way do you fold KK Preflop EVER!

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
depends of the tourney and situation on the table.
If it's bubble time, and ITM, I would not risk all in to lose it.
Just my $.02

knileh

knileh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never folding KK. Reasoning: one hand beats this pre-flop; I'm re-raising for fold equity, and if there isn't a fold you're in a good spot.

B

bigjay2007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love KK

The only times i fold KK is 1. when I'm on the bubble in a tourney and risk not making the money or 2. if there are 3-4 all ins ahead of me and I'm covered. I still have called in this situation and seem to have one more than I'v lost, but i remember the losses. :)

I'll take my chances with KK any day but I generally play to win if i think i have the best hand. Bad flops and river beats are always bound to happen

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If my roll were 200 dollars and I chose to take a shot at an 11 dollar satty to the big ticket, and I won it and then were on the bubble of the big ticket with KK and two shoves from even stacked players in front I'm folding. Why? Because a min cash is 400 dollars or so, so just a min cash is a 200% increase to my roll. For any regular tourney I'm actually rolled for, it's going to be hard to fold KK just because in a tournament chipping up is so valuable in terms of our tourney EV that it's hard to not take our chances and look for a double/ triple up.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in a normal sng or a non deep mtt, dont think i can do it

especially at a low buyin, unless you have some sort of crazy read on the villians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folding in Poker