Not open for further replies.
Farseer

Farseer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have folded lots of pocket aces in satellite bubble. Even more pocket kings.

In regular tournament, there may be situation when you're simply forced to lay down that hand. For instance, if 3-handed FT is going on and 2 other players are all-in with MUCH larger stacks which are same sized so ICM tells that you lose too often and get busted when you can just take certain 2nd place and use your last chips to try to win.

K

kape

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
once I did it. was a bubble. Opponent has min-raise from early position. After much thought, I made ​​a fold. And I showed my cards. He showed aces

Himanshu

Himanshu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think there is any reason to fold KK pre flop post flop is other story.

Everybodylovesdeuces

Everybodylovesdeuces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've folded KK preflop once and it was on the first level of a big MMT and was something crazy like a 7 bet. I already had half my stack in and finally found a fold. He showed me the AA and I still had tons of chips left.

Rather than get super crazy with 4 and 5 bet raising my KK anymore, I find I would rather flat a 3 or 4 bet and play a flop.

martymart48

martymart48

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never Fold KK pre flop is too hard for me.

S

sLicKAsLasH

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if you are so affraid of a 5bet and someone having aces i'd say jam it all in by 4bet or simply call a 3 or 4bet maybe u spike a king on the flop and then beat aces second one being more risky because if ur up against Q's or J's or any other pocket hand and they spike their card on the flop you'll have a tough situation and you might also just have an Ace flop slowing all your action so i think chips should always go all in preflop or at least try to get them in preflop if u have an opponent which just called ur raise also be prepaired to fold them on very drawy boards i've folded AA and KK several times when the board run out had flushes and straights on them

D

dannywho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently shoved kk into 44 and jj and the final table bubble and they both hit sets and I was eliminated. There's definatley an argument for folding when there is a few people in the pot. I find kk very hard to let go of pre flop

T

terryg642

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a sattelite when your on the bubble of winning the ticket and there's a maniac wiping everybody out with dog pup.Other than that it's shove city.

intents09

intents09

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some interesting and strange answers here, at least in my opinion. Aside from same prize tournaments as mentioned or at the bubble of a tourney you've satellite'd(?) into that will pay out well above your br for a min cash, AND you aren't the shortest stack there, I don't know why you'd fold here. The hardest situation is the old 4 to 5 bet area against one other opponent, unless they're super aggro, in a cash game, it's surely QQ+, and more likely KK+. In tourneys especially at micro stakes you can see plenty of 4 and 5 bets without KK+ so it's easier to be less worried by those bets than in the cash game.

Anyway, in any normal tourney where min cash sucks and top 3 are nice I'm not folding KK pre at the bubble regardless of my stack size. Sure, it's not invincible and I may bust, but the min cash to me is not worth as much as the win, if my hand holds, in this moment.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with the exception of bubbles and huge money jumps, i think folding KK pre flop is WRONG. Of course there is a chance your opponent has AA, but is like folding a set because your opponent might have top set. That`s a cooler.

abzdolc

abzdolc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
may-be we have to think about fold KK at buble when out stack > 35 bb, because if we have < 35bb next level up and we will be waiting the card like this monstr, and sometimes this level + will be at bubble, so 75% off time we don't have fold with KK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folding in Poker