What is your biggest weakness?

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too many tournies, so little time..

Between free tournies, and others I made the ticket for, I was playing too much. I cut back to a reasonable amount, went back to old distractions and found new outlets.
When you're consumed by anything, it is time to cut back, get balance.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The way to improvement is the ability to recognize your own weaknesses, and work on them!

This is true in poker and in life.

So...let this thread be a way for you to focus your attention on your biggest weakness (right now) in your poker game. It could be a technical aspect of the game, or a struggle with balancing time/other commitments. Lets have an open discussion on our weaknesses. :)

Right now, I'd say my biggest weakness is playing a 15-20BB stack, mid to late in the MTT. I either play too tight, and allow myself to fold down to ~10BB where I feel more comfortable, or I play too aggressive and give away 5-10BB with weird steal attempts. This is the area of my game that I'd really like to focus on and improve.

How about you?

My weakness is that at 3 o'clock MTT I can't think properly. I get tired and start playing too aggressively. Sometimes I get too upset. It happens that I threw something like J10 and on Flop J1010 I could win 50K, but for some reason I threw it before the flop. After such situations, I quickly leave the tournament. I haven't been able to handle this for many years since I started playing poker.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My weakness is that at 3 o'clock MTT I can't think properly. I get tired and start playing too aggressively. Sometimes I get too upset. It happens that I threw something like J10 and on Flop J1010 I could win 50K, but for some reason I threw it before the flop. After such situations, I quickly leave the tournament. I haven't been able to handle this for many years since I started playing poker.

Late reg so you aren't playing your MTTs for such a long period of time. I have developed a very good late reg strategy that ensures when I'm playing a long session, it's because I'm approaching a final table. :)

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My biggest weakness is the overestimation of the strength of my cards and the lack of desire to sit for more than four hours at the computer monitor.:icon_stud

Lack of desire to sit at a computer monitor for 4+ hours is not a weakness. :)

Perhaps you could benefit from developing a routine/strategy of playing for less time and making sure you are having fun while playing. :)

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Late reg so you aren't playing your MTTs for such a long period of time. I have developed a very good late reg strategy that ensures when I'm playing a long session, it's because I'm approaching a final table. :)

I'm very happy for you. Poker changes you need to change with it.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
My weakness is to enter a hand and know that I am losing malll haha

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
According to my PokerTracker analysis, I make too many continuation bets, so I'm trying to back off a little. If I'm in position, I'm always going to C bet, but out of position or against several opponents, I'm doing it a lot less often.

frazzle1991

frazzle1991

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
According to my PokerTracker analysis, I make too many continuation bets, so I'm trying to back off a little. If I'm in position, I'm always going to C bet, but out of position or against several opponents, I'm doing it a lot less often.

I do this too and sometimes chase like a calling station dispite how high the raise to me is :(

fabio_xx

fabio_xx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest weakness is lack of discipline with bankroll.

Now I realize that in order to make money you have to have a strict strategy and follow It.

In my case I have lost money in most cases when playing games which are not my speciallity (spin and go's mostly)

B

BiGBa40

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There are a lot:

Small pocket pairs ( 22, 33, 44, 55)

I want to see more and mooore flops
😂

Too agresive with a weak hands

When i make a big stack always start to lose it..

derek jones

derek jones

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest weakness is when in a mtt i tend to freak out alil when it gets down to the button paying positions,.. i play so much tighter.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My biggest weakness by far is style of play. I play not to loose, I should be playing to WIN. I learned that line from a move and it rang so true for me that I think about it during every game now but I still can not quite get into that mind set.

J

jkersten

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My weakeness is to start playing weak hands and bluff my self out of the tournement when i come very far in a MTT

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I have an early double-up in a tournament, I start so play so tight, especially as it gets closer to the money, then I often end up getting blinded and anteed down to a small stack in danger of missing the money.

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting angry, and building stacks, It seems even when Im ITM that I never have a compteating stack.

kara260588

kara260588

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My biggest weakness is Laziness. Laziness to do anything, laziness to work, and generally lazy in everything. So in poker, I'm too lazy to learn something. And this is the biggest problem.

F

freeisfun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting emotional in spot which I know the mathematical answers to but deviate because I level myself

Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Listening to Myself

I would say my biggest weakness is not listening to myself. I'll have a goal in mind and a method of playing. Within a certain amount of hands(between 10-20) if I don't see a win in any of them, there's times when I'll start doubting my method. Then I'll forget the goal I had in the first place and get caught up in the play. Then I'll tell myself to stop(yeah like I'm listening to that!). Next thing you know, BUST! I'm trying different methods to help me stay focused.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My biggest weakness is that I call often even when I know I’m weaker just to make sure I’m right or that I’m not telling the truth in table.
This may be true or it that may be true, who knows. ;)

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My biggest weakness is that I call often even when I know I’m weaker just to make sure I’m right or that I’m not telling the truth in table.
This may be true or it that may be true, who knows. ;)

psanto

psanto

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Be passive at the end of tournaments

I think that my problem comes up when the tournament is somewhere between the middle and the end of it. I know that I should be more agressive, especially with a lot of chips, but I tend to play in a more passive way, so eventually I lose opportunities to accumulate more chips. Maybe I should play more hands suited, close to sequence, some As that I usually fold. The main problem is reach the ITM with few chips, or end the tournament before the bubble.