What is your biggest weakness?

regden85

regden85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is basketball being used as a metaphor, or did you literally get injured playing basketball? Either way, know your limitations and (safely) push yourself to improve. :)
Beware!!!

Seriously, no metaphor. I got many injured playing basketball. Elbow injury, numerous bruises, hip stretch, meniscus injury... Have fun playing basketball 5x5 :)

felipem29

felipem29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not weakness...

It is not that it is my greatest weakness, because of the time that I spend today in dedicating little time to poker, due to my work and family situation it is impossible for me to concentrate as it should be in a poker tournament, which I react quickly and not safe, which makes me lose more than normal.
In general, my biggest weakness could be my lack of security ...:(:(:(

J

jerargent

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest weakness is when I have to defend the BB against the CO or the BU. Also many times in position in front of the SB. Those are spots where I don't feel comfortable postflop..

L

luki_jakdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The way to improvement is the ability to recognize your own weaknesses, and work on them!

This is true in poker and in life.

So...let this thread be a way for you to focus your attention on your biggest weakness (right now) in your poker game. It could be a technical aspect of the game, or a struggle with balancing time/other commitments. Lets have an open discussion on our weaknesses. :)

Right now, I'd say my biggest weakness is playing a 15-20BB stack, mid to late in the MTT. I either play too tight, and allow myself to fold down to ~10BB where I feel more comfortable, or I play too aggressive and give away 5-10BB with weird steal attempts. This is the area of my game that I'd really like to focus on and improve.

How about you?
My big weakness is that i am tilting very fast and i cant get out of it.... have to learn to control my tilts :eek:

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seriously, no metaphor. I got many injured playing basketball. Elbow injury, numerous bruises, hip stretch, meniscus injury... Have fun playing basketball 5x5 :)

I had a meniscus tear myself...not fun!

Stay safe!

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My biggest weakness is the overestimation of the strength of my cards and the lack of desire to sit for more than four hours at the computer monitor.:icon_stud

vsawake01

vsawake01

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unable to call vs bluff bet, and unable to fold vs value bet

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
my weak side is the usual loss of money, before all the time I tried to win back nervously, but the situation worsened even worse, and now I have already learned to control myself

B

BIGshark91

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest weakness is food. I like eat a more more food :D

J

Jim_Saras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest weakness is that I have trouble saying no.

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not applying what is known to work

Something to strengthen for my life path is to apply what I know works by trying it and living it in other opportunities.

I wish you to share what you know works for you! Greetings :icon_sunn
:kh4::kc4:

94EXPOS

94EXPOS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a lot of players, not folding when you are almost positive you are beat. Patience of course. Fast food....too many others to name. lol

C

casique31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My weakness is not being able to sustain myself after reaching the top positions in a tournament. The same thing always happens to me, I reach the top and then start a steep descent without further explanation

Argonaut

Argonaut

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Procrastination, never do today, what you can put off until tomorrow...

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Life weakness:

Being pushed and pulled too much by achievements/setbacks. I need to take both "in stride" better.
They talk about this a lot in sports psychology- not to get too carried away with the triumphs or too down about the defeats..

I call this 'keeping it within the lines' or 'having smooth waves' rather than steep peaks & troughs... :wink:

Aka "an even keel"... :biggrin:

Not always as easy as it sounds! :laugh:

M

maxmaster10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good question, my unlucky play and my bad decitions maybe...

fabio_xx

fabio_xx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Drinking and playing or playing when Im tired.

Poker is a game which requires patience and playing in an altered state of mind especially by being tired messes with my game.

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not winning flips that I am ahead in.

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bankroll management

im happy im learning new things everyday my game is constantly improving in my opinion but i just cant move forwards with discipline towards bankroll management

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My biggest weakness is that I have trouble saying no.
Formula for a lot of hurt and disappointment in your life unless you expect nothing in return. They say that you get what you give to the universe. I say you will get the short end of the stick unless you erect some serious boundaries.

My favorite saying is your lack of preparation is not my emergency.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My biggest weakness is playing too many tables at once . i want to play them all. lol.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My biggest weakness would have to be being able to acknowledge that my opponent can or might have a better hand than myself. So ill get caught with AQ suited vs AA for example.