What you do with AA?

deeznutzz

deeznutzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your short stacked meaning 15BB or less it's best to just shove all in and take your chances. I will open raise from any position and in most situations I'll 3bet preflop. If the my opponent wants to push all in l will call him. But if he 3bets over the top of me I will just call the bet. I figure if the board is dry then he will most likely be aggressive if he connects on top pair or if he's holding a pair of over cards. If the board has a lot of texture meaning a lot of opportunities for monster hands like straights or flushs and none connecting to my hand then I may try a bluff once if that doesn't work I give up trying to steal the pot and I check while I allow the aggressiveness of my opponents bet determine if I call or fold my hand. Even though AA or KK are monster hands preflop it's still best to limit your exposure to all in showdowns. Especially in MTT were the goal is to stay in the tournament as long as you possibly can. Their are many times during tournaments where chip protection is more important than the chance to double up is. Even though your AA will win 80% of the time that still means you will lose 1 out of every five hands you shove preflop.before you decide what to do you should ask yourself is this the one in five hands I don't mind losing with

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your short stacked meaning 15BB or less it's best to just shove all in and take your chances. I will open raise from any position and in most situations I'll 3bet preflop. If the my opponent wants to push all in l will call him. But if he 3bets over the top of me I will just call the bet. I figure if the board is dry then he will most likely be aggressive if he connects on top pair or if he's holding a pair of over cards. If the board has a lot of texture meaning a lot of opportunities for monster hands like straights or flushs and none connecting to my hand then I may try a bluff once if that doesn't work I give up trying to steal the pot and I check while I allow the aggressiveness of my opponents bet determine if I call or fold my hand. Even though AA or KK are monster hands preflop it's still best to limit your exposure to all in showdowns. Especially in MTT were the goal is to stay in the tournament as long as you possibly can. Their are many times during tournaments where chip protection is more important than the chance to double up is. Even though your AA will win 80% of the time that still means you will lose 1 out of every five hands you shove preflop.before you decide what to do you should ask yourself is this the one in five hands I don't mind losing with
Thank you for the in depth answer. What you have presented is sound play with options to different circumstances. I never want to lose one hand with aces, I have folded them.

H

hozjain1980

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Привет

I once won with AA, today I lost again. As you play with AA? You go all-in or behave as if nothing at all do you?
First you make a raise, and if apanent goes to al yn I take off their

T

Tolyanchemp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I always hide aces. I try to make the opponent think that I have a weak hand

Popescu97

Popescu97

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
ALL in with no more doubts and with some emotions :))

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once I won with AA, today I lost again. How you play with AA? You go all-in, or do you act like you have nothing at all?
There is no unique pattern for playing any pocket cards. Pocket aces are the best hand cards and impose aggressive preflop game, but sometimes flop can make them very unsafe (such as suited or connected cards on flop). There are many factors that determine the way we play. If this is a tournament, the two are crucial: 1. how many chips we have, 2. what phase the tournament is in. If we are in a good position to play aggressively, and if we are in an insecure zone, I would not force much, I would play a minimal call, so that it is not a family pot where some luckier always spoils our plans. The flop directs whether we will continue non-aggressively or take the initiative. In any case you need a bet, only the intensity is variable.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once I won with AA, today I lost again. How you play with AA? You go all-in, or do you act like you have nothing at all?
Like any other hand there are multiple factors to consider before you could answer this question. Stack size position and aggressiveness of other players are a few. Sometimes a shove is the best call other times maybe a check to an overly aggressive player. Most times I will just lay down a healthy bet to weed out the chances of suck outs while not crippling my stack in case I do need to lay them down post flop.

ArmiSoo7

ArmiSoo7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
From my experience, I think it is better to go just all in pre flop.... Had so many times when some players call me with bad hands and hit the river....

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
We've all lost with aces. Feels like you got ripped off.

I used to try and trap slow playing aces. Now I play aggressively.

steveeeee

steveeeee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always pop em as cause ya might as well lose to the best as there prob be some player calling with c rap an suckin out on ya

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

A pair pocket aces is always dangerous for me. I flew out of tournaments very often when I was pre-flop all-in with a pair of aces. I prefer a hand with suited connectors.

SharkyJohn

SharkyJohn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I try to do is going all in, if not immediately but definitely. There's different situations and no single universal strategy to play AA, each play is unique.
What I'd suggest is tricking your opponent to go all in, you should try to take as much a possible. Try to avoid multiple opponents, 1-2 is the best. I know it's super hard to fold Aces but fold it if there's to much action on board (and you have only a pair).

nicuchico

nicuchico

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not afraid to play with all table lol

T

Tolyanchemp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on the situation of course. but 2 aces are always very pleasing to the eye)

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
In early stages of a tournament, I am never afraid to push my chips in with AA pre-flop, especially if there are limpers before me. Mid tournament, I tend to play them like any other high pair, bid aggressively, but don't bet the farm. They are only a pair post-flop.

K

kamciono5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What i do when i get AA ?
I lose 90% of these situations :D

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
hello usually aggressive play with two AA to try to win as many as possible, aumque touched me to lose but parde of the game

RVTR7777

RVTR7777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
...Hello friend, AA a hand that is difficult to play, I have usually varied the type of play with that hand to try to increase the winnings.
I did this if in the last AA hand I bet everything on the next attempt to raise 4x, I always try to play aggressively.
Trying several different ways not to be the same
Luck on the tables gl.

Ptiza

Ptiza

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I look at this combination of cards and wonder: why the hell did I choose this game?

jesuisjesus

jesuisjesus

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
99 of 100 times I will call AI preflop with AA. The last cach in wich I will not call is the final table of the wsop Main Event.
When all 8 player go all-in preflop.

MC_asp

MC_asp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise preflop and check the flop on possible straight, flush or full house chances. If the chance on a straight, flush or full house are smalle then raise again.