What upset you the most when playing a tournament?

D

Dodgethis2k

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't say slow play. I would say INTENTIONAL slow play.

its the slow play I like a game that moves at a decent pace

The people that take ALL of their time, then the site grays them out. Then they click RIGHT back in. I can somewhat understand a short stack doing that, however I even see people in the top 5% of chips doing that. My standard reply when someone does that is, "God, I hope you are having a stroke." And I'm only somewhat kidding...

D

Dodgethis2k

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are talking about on-line poker...

Players that are disrespectful, rude, use poor and foul language, misogynistic, bigoted,. Players that are inappropriately boisterous for the circumstance. Players that are personally derogatory to other players. Players that complain about not getting their cards all the time. Players that complain about not winning a hand. Players that complain about how the dealer is against them. In general, whiners.

On the other hand, these character flaws often can be exploited in the game itself.

...try turning chat OFF. Seriously.

If you are talking about live poker...try playing on-line, with chat off.

E

edcwy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
...try turning chat OFF. Seriously.

If you are talking about live poker...try playing on-line, with chat off.
The title of the thread lends to a subjective understanding of "upset." I don't get upset or angry or annoyed at much of anything much less a bad beat. I would tackle via room or tournament directors said offender if behavior strays outside of the rules, is unsportsmanlike, or denigrating to other players. I was suggesting that whiners are lame in life and at the poker table.

D

Dodgethis2k

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How to look at each option, and why d is still the worst.

a Bad luck losing with AA to KK (or any smaller pair), but you WERE dealt AA.
b You still (likely) won a prize / made it to final table.
c Look at it as outlasting LOTS of people, and other than one or two mistakes / missed opportunities you played very well.

Lastly...
d You can't control what is dealt to you, only how you respond to it.
That is why d is the worst. Even if you respond well (folding, attempting to limp in position), you are still getting crap.

scorpi224

scorpi224

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When the last place paid is 80 for example and you finish the 81 lol hahah that happened to me once it really sucks and the feeling is disgusting i hope none tries it in their life time >.<

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
None of the following however my worse experiences in tournament poker is going all in in a hand where im about 99% ahead on the flop and being knocked out by runner runner. That my dear friend crawlssss my skin and even bring me to tears sometimes:icon_scra

James_Moria

James_Moria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Finished on 9th place instead of the coveted 1st place.

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate when I have a good map and some sort vyskachka goes all-in on some sort of a bad card, and most importantly, that more and wins!

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after playing hours hours hours and hours then you got nothing but almost.. absolutly C

Senneville

Senneville

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Donkey raise allin preflop each round each time and when he hit against tight player. I know is a game of luck butt limit exist.

T

Tman300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say answer A upsets me more because who doesn't like to get beaten by a weaker pair and especially on the first hand

D

Docriver1983

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate it when I have pocket Rockets and shove all in and have a player knock me out with garbage hand like 83 off suit

miamia

miamia

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rivers on pokerstars.Its statistically impossible what bs happens to me.Two days in row a lose with thats magic river cards against under dog hands.

Mootizit

Mootizit

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol:D:D:D, the answer is C of course,because it sucks to became the bubble boy after been playing for few hours.:eek:

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
all the above lol, I only joke, I think the last two are the ones that bother me the most, for example 1 week ago I played a tournament, I was in the 1st place almost the whole tournament and finished bubble, I was so upset that I stopped playing for a few days

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think most people would hate being the bubble.

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Which of the followings upset you the most when playing a tournament?:-

a.Getting knocked out first hand AA vs KK.

b.Finished on 9th place instead of the coveted 1st place.

c.Unfortunate enough to become the 'Bubble Boy' after hours of playing.

d.Being dealt crappy hole card until the very last hand ie 27,49,38 etc.

What is your answer?:D

c.Unfortunate enough to become the 'Bubble Boy' after hours of playing.

UberRogue

UberRogue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going out on the 4th hand because i thought my q was an a.

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A. . hate getting knocked out holding AA , not only with KK but any other cards. (QQ,JJ,TT,99) (KQ,KJ,KT,K9) and so on. that's the worst

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AFor mr will be A and D, somethng really weird happens sometime at PS and it is not only a bad beat, let me expose this, today I played 3 different scoop tournaments, going all in in the 3 tables just against one opponent, first table, lost 10J h against QK h, second table KAd against 9A offsuited and the river card was a 9, last and worst table, 5.50 entrance for the 250K tournament, first hand there was this guy holdin A10h I was just watching, he wins, next hand, I was holding K10h and got a flush, guess what, the same guy was holding again Ah and beat me up, what are the odds for that?? I was really angry, this kind of things only happens once every 25 million years and it happens to me today haha :D

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Itself is more upsetting to me is when having a good hand I was flying at the beginning of the tournament!

R

rafbam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like a lot off here for me it's also "C"; aspecialy when you lose on the river to a hand you could not loose on the flop.
But he that's part of the game, there is always someone the bubble-boy (ore girl).

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A. Just sucks, happens quite often online poker tournaments.
B. I don't care as long as it's ITM. I mark it a win if I get the coins.
C. I'm not here often any more. I am either out or ITM. I don't get to be bubble boy much.
D. I hate it when I'm short stack and have to shove with this garbage.

Empress

Empress

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I've worked my way up the score ladder to a top 10 position and it's down to the last 20-30 players and I get a great hand, say, KK or AA and get busted losing half my stack. Then I'll get a good hand like AQ and the flop looks is something like 5 6 Q so I raise and am called by at least 2 players. After the turn & river, I still just have my 1 pair and one of the other players is re-raising. I've already put into the pot wanting this hand to replenish my previous loss. Depending on the tournament, I'll usually limp off but I have called an all-in just to see what that player has. :p