What tournaments do you like better: Bounty or Regular?

x patrice x

x patrice x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
In the beginning I always preferred regular because of the prize pool. This was because I disliked how "kamikaze" many players' gameplay became once a bounty was in sight. As soon as a small stack goes >>all-in<< or has 1-2BB, everyone bangs on it no matter what starting hand they have. You can't do anything strategically and even with AA or the like, you need luck to survive. It was frustrating for me to fold with the best hands or lose to marginal hands.

In the meantime, however, my perspective has also changed due to a better understanding of the game.

Which format I'm currently playing always depends on what tournaments are on offer and what I'm in the mood for. It changes all the time.

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I prefer the regular ones because in the bounty a very large part of the money goes to the first player.

stampide

stampide

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer regular tournament because this format is more soft and understand for me

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Salam! Of course Bounty is more like it. In Bounty, if played correctly, you can get a buy-in long before the prizes. In a regular tournament, especially if there is a re-entry, the risk of losing is as high as in the Bounty. Some players, given the possibility of re-entry, take risks more often.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I like regular tournaments more. They have less dispersion. This more comfortable play for me...

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think if i see it from the entertainment view, there is bounty a much more interesting form of the play. You have more action on the table especially if a bounty is available, much players are a calling much easier those hands. And you must find a good mix between hitting a bounty an generating stack for the big bounties in the end of a tourney. The starting bounty is nothing against a bounty in the late phase of a tourney so every call must be a good investment especially if you think about the aspect of future winning money. The normal variant without bounties is not so entertaining but also interesting to play for me.

PokerEdge

PokerEdge

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
I prefer normal tournaments, though bounty is often more exciting. At a small stake, especially when they can often go all with all waste cards.
At Bounty, I rarely re-entry it (maybe at the beginning of the tour), and towards the end, I don't really go to the high bounty, but rather the basic payment structure.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I particularly like the tournaments with bounty, I always get something in every tournament I play, I have more chances to win every time I play.

gocho2009

gocho2009

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like Bounty tournaments better, they are more exciting, they are more aggressive

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Hello friends!
Due to the growing popularity of bounty tournaments, I wanted to know which tournaments are more popular among CardsChat community members?

I actually sometimes find it interesting to play tournaments with knockout rewards. But half of the prize pool there always goes to bounties, so I prefer regular tournaments)
I prefer Bounty , it's nice to get your buy in back during the game :)
Although half the prize pool is bounty ,if you win the tournament you'd collect your own bounty in addition to the prize money :)

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love the bountys, it's very good and you already make a profit.

E

ElietonPKR

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Both are good to play just use different strategies, be more aggressive in KO tournaments

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Bounty mtts always a nice adventure, u can earn money every hand u play.
I only play bounty mtts to be honest.

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I prefer regular but KOs/bounties are more popular so I have to play them. Bit more of a gamble with bounties. And if I don't run great in the KOs I get run over pretty quickly without much of a chance to get back up. I'm fine with aggressiveness but not that fine with the level of gambling and pure idiocy and looseness in KOs. So, my ITM suffers badly in KOs

Last edited:
C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think bounty is more interesting because of related emotions when you go all in. I don't know how you but when i play bounty i focus to hit the biggest bounty.

I

icu4ever

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
Bounty tournaments give you more adrenaline and fun. In fact, the biggest bounty pool usually goes to the winner of the tournament, but isn't that what everyone wants to be in this place?

PokerEdge

PokerEdge

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
In the beginning and middle of Bounty tournaments, you usually have to be much more aggressive than average, and you have to play with wider range.

RoviP

RoviP

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I prefer to regulate the final prize is usually higher, the winnings are reserved for the ITM.

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Hello friends!
Due to the growing popularity of bounty tournaments, I wanted to know which tournaments are more popular among CardsChat community members?

I actually sometimes find it interesting to play tournaments with knockout rewards. But half of the prize pool there always goes to bounties, so I prefer regular tournaments)

Regular tournaments suit my style of play, so I mostly play them.

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
I like the bounty better because you can recover your investment or something else without having reached the collection post.

W

watup

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
prefer regular tourneys more, because at kos and bountys are more a longshoot, still id play them sometimes

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bounty. because it has more chances of return.

rvicente13

rvicente13

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think regular tournaments are better, you can think more and play with peace of mind