What makes you more nervous when you're near the bubble

Geksan_87

Geksan_87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
getting a great combination but which can be lost in the future, and you do not know what to do to withstand the bubble or go all-in

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like how the rhythm of the game drops. All the same, the first prizes are not as great as the final. you need to play more boldly.

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get nervous when I try to steal chips and the villain thinks about paying kkk

R

RUNRRUNRTO

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing the bubble doesn’t make me nervous. In fact, it’s exciting. Most players, not everyone but most, have the tendency to tighten up on the bubble. I like to use that to my advantage to build up my stack. If I bubble, which also happens then it’s on to the next one. No risk= no reward

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the guys going allin while Im in BB

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

Can I make it? Can I win?

nba2009

nba2009

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
in my case it always gives me nerves not to decide correctly against pusheans without stopping to steal blinds

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most likely getting a good hand for the draw and getting 3 bets from an aggressive opponent

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my case, what makes me very nervous is trying to understand that a player bets all his chips with the possibility of not reaching the goal:confused::confused:
For novice players, the bubble becomes a real tragedy. If they don't get into the money, they go home with nothing, but sometimes everything happens much worse: they always tell their friends that they don't understand anything about poker, and in general are losers and losers. For pros, the bubble is usually the time when they can best perform and lay the groundwork for winning the tournament. If you think that winning a tournament is determined only by playing at the final table, then you are wrong. Of course, you have to play really well to win the tournament, but very often the beginning of the victory is reflected in the bubble stage.
The first rule is to find a balance between calmness and lack of fear. Easy to say but difficult to do. But this is the key to surviving the bubble. To understand this a little better, you need to grasp the following idea: getting into money should NEVER be your only goal. I'm not saying that you shouldn't try to get into ITM in situations where it is possible - this is crazy. I'm talking about the fact that on the bubble you have to set yourself up to win the tournament. If you just aim to hit the money, then too often you will hit the minimum ITM. This sounds good, but ultimately has a negative effect on the overall profit.
When the bubble bursts, you have even fewer chips, but the competition for higher-paying seats will be higher. I have to say that most people understand this concept, but here's the problem: those players who think they are not afraid of the bubble still do not play it properly due to fear of leaving the tournament with nothing. This is a clear emotional reaction to the game. We don't want to feel like a loser. Nobody wants to tell their friends that he won nothing. So this reaction is quite reasonable, and the bubble can cause such a reaction.

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The goal of the tournament is to win, not simply to cash. The bubble is the best time to step up the aggression and build a big enough stack to win the whole tournament. I usually don't pay much attention to trying to advance spots until I reach the final table when the money goes up quickly as the final table players drop out.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This post was excellent for me to read. I have gotten nervous around the bubble but so many comment above remind me of the true purpose “to win” not try to get the minimum cash. Keep my eye on the prize and take advantage in this stretch of the game. Thank you for all the wealth of knowledge, that’s what Cards Chat is all about :).

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It makes me nervous to be the bubbleboy again when I am shortstacked or even with a healthy stacksize. As a bigstack, however I am nervous about running with QQ against KK or with KK against AA. :eek:

Kiteman27

Kiteman27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting Blinded out on a super short stack!

Z

zeist2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to get as high as possible in a tournament. As mentioned earlier in this thread, you have to be aggressive just before the bubble. Many players fold during this period with only one goal, to hit the bubble. In the meantime you can supplement your stack nicely.

P

Panda19977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I’m short stack and I get JJ QQ AK is s.t like that

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why be nervous at all..??

if i am very short stacked at the bubble...less than 15 bbs...i am just looking at all in / fold.

other than that i try to exploit the fears/ nervousness of other players at the bubble...esp if i have 500Bbs +.

the bubble is an illusion...a min cash is a fart in the wind...meaningless...unless it's in a big tourney that one won a ticket to in a satty for example, where a min cash would represent a big boost to one's roll.

or if it is a freeroll..and one is broke, and even a min cash for a dollar would represent a big win...and there is no shame in that..no no.

19honu62

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are 3 parts to a tourney.... getting to ITM, the final table and then the win. I can't win if i don't make the money but if I am short and have a chance to make the money i will tighten my range

Vivaly

Vivaly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not nervous around the bubble. If you are nervous around the bubble, then at other times of the game you are also nervous. Why be nervous? - It makes no sense.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There really is no reason to be nervous, you play your cards and take your chances, if you start to get nervous and players pick up on the fact, they will punish you by raising and re-raising every chance they get.
I have often taken advantage of players not wanting to go out before the bubble, raising some times with complete air, knowing they will fold to any bet, unless they had a monster hand.
That's Poker!

When the fun Stops, STOP!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I haven't been nervous in years when it comes to the bubble. Its just part of the game. I am aware and will play accordingly when I get there but nervous no.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Having a good hand makes me nervous on the bubble cause I'm gonna play.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a normal, slow speed tourney, under 10 BB, plenty things, push allin, get called, and relegate with preflop 85-15% to me. No cards coming at all, and I must go 1 more time allin to reach ITM. The stealer machines, if they do not have stack or anything else reasonable, so I must fold cards, mostly because the situation in the tourney, nothing else. the first, does not matter how, but relegate in the top3 non-paid position... (fortunately, happens very rarely...)

W

WHAKAORIORI

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
BB with AK and been put all in pre flop ! Of course I call . Winning % at a guess with AK near bubble 3 handed or heads up all in about 15% lol grrr