What makes you more nervous when you're near the bubble

S

skin_ak

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
been given small pairs 2 /3/or 4s what to do deck or shove depends on were i am on table :mad:

KeyJey

KeyJey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When he has weak hands and supports your all-in. And win with such hands.

Comarata3456

Comarata3456

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing a weak hand knowing you don't hit one more blind is the worst thing that ever happened to me haha

F

fefibecerra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting really good hands and losing. I'm usually pretty tight when I'm about to reach the final table, so I can easily drop hands that are not so great. But if I get AK, for example, I know I have to play it, so there's this chance that I'm gonna get a bad beat.

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, during bubble season, anyone with more chips can take advantage of the situation, but we can take advantage of that if we're lucky.

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pairs . Or even AJ , AQ, AK. You just know someone is about to shove. I rather play it safe and fold. I know these algo's like to be cruel .

ryknow666

ryknow666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
having few chips and being touched by bad hands

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
getting good hands and betting and a big stack go crazy and bad beats me. it happens more often than i would like

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything, except reaching the final table with mid or higher stack...

T

tigervball

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha! Good question. In some ways, I almost don’t want good hands just before hitting the bubble. Almost would rather just fold! Lol. Of course, I still play them, just maybe a little more cautious.

Dmondo

Dmondo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont really get nervous anymore but when i get a big hand i get a little stressed understanding that i might loose a flip or take a bad beat. But i dont fold because im nervous if anything the bubble is a time to be more aggressive. You must think about results in the long run not just in one particular tournament. If that makes any sense.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The bubble of the final table - what makes me nervous
Pocket JJs and A/Q with a shove in front of me when I am covered.
Other than that - I really don't get nervous much. As fundiver said - the big money is in the top 3 spots, so I'm gonna bet trying to get there all the time, but JJs are always scary!! :)

T

TomWH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Considering I've spent near 2 hours or more playing the tourney, I want to cash. Happens often, happened last night, and I fold every hand until I get to the money. $.10 cents every few tourneys adds up quick, and then there's the times you'll make it deeper for $1 or more. I had a 20,000 stack from a 4000 starting stack last night, and thought about sitting out as many do. I didn't, and barely made the $.10 payoff. What scares me, having a slamming hand, and being able to fold.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

No need to be nervous, just muck every hand till the bubble bursts, even Aces.

Sdub2020

Sdub2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No need to be nervous, just muck every hand till the bubble bursts, even Aces.
This strategy will never get you number 1 spot. I have used it also but lately I've been trying to win so if I have a big hand I play it. Better to cash in top 5 then top 50 I think.

Experiment learn grow...

One day win the million dollars!!!

:idea::elefant::icon_sunn:rock::rofl::cheers:

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The guy who was passive in all of the tournament and is a little tough guy on small blind when see your stack with 72 haha

Kiteman27

Kiteman27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why?

Why fear the bubble? these is no reason to. i myself could care less about a min cash in a tourney. im playing for first place... isnt that why we play tourneys? to win? YES. if i see a spot to exploit or a good hand im not mucking because of the bubble, on the contrary, im playing more aggressive and exploiting all of the bubble fears and min cash grinders!:p

L

Luqitazzz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, how do I get the password, I think I have to be platinum, right? Because I have been for several months now ..

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

This strategy will never get you number 1 spot. I have used it also but lately I've been trying to win so if I have a big hand I play it. Better to cash in top 5 then top 50 I think.

Experiment learn grow...

One day win the million dollars!!!

:idea::elefant::icon_sunn:rock::rofl::cheers:
Meah.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

You really muck AA what stakes are we talking to make you lay down aces? :confused:
Hosed to many times. Just played a hand in a tourny I was in (not bubble), I had AA, raised 3X, call, all in, called, another call. MeAA,caller99, all in66. Of course a 6 came. It just happens to much. I want to cash, then I'll play normal.

MoCoSolo

MoCoSolo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the flip side, what gives me comfort is that poker sites wait for hands to finish near the bubble to avoid players slow playing multiple hands to bust people out.

kidkarioka

kidkarioka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on my position in the tournament. If I am among the first, you can be sure that nothing will make me nervous. Because I will dominate the table with high stakes. But if the position is not very good, I hope
time goes by and I try to play the blinds calmly.