What makes you more nervous when you're near the bubble

Doblador bus

Doblador bus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my case, what makes me very nervous is trying to understand that a player bets all his chips with the possibility of not reaching the goal:confused::confused:

B

BrewCrewWI

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Drawing hand preflop. those 78/89/10J/JQ suited or mid PPs 4s-9s. Will I see a flop for cheap? or calling a short stack with that hand?

king11682

king11682

Kimba
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
If I'm near the bubble and drop me a good hand did not hesitate to go All In. Unless everyone goes all in and I hope they get rid of each other

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being dealt bad cards for an extended period of time. In fact, this is my concern at just about every stage. I can't stand droughts...

H

horseshoebhole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my case, what makes me very nervous is trying to understand that a player bets all his chips with the possibility of not reaching the goal:confused::confused:

I'd say its the mentality of like " hey am I going for the win... or do I want to secure up the cash first. " That's the toughest moral dilemma for me and think its a really good focus area of studying the game.

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do not risk with good hands for fear of being out of the bubble, and lose competitiveness to win the tournament at a later stage of the tournament.

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on your mind set, if your the type of player who grinds the whole way worrying if your gonna cash I would quit, I play to win every time, I really don't care if I min cash.when I play a Trny or even a cash game in my mind that money is gone from that point on I'm trying to accumalate chips with my main goal to win.I wouldn't want to play if I had to worry about cashing everytime it would make it a job and that certainly would take the fun out of it. but to each their own:)

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting that AA or KK preflop and not being about to play the hand right. If I am always at the bubble in chips someone always seems to go all in and I call, getting beat by the worst hands. It is very frustrating knowing if I woulda just folded 2-3 more hands I would have been INM!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont get nervous near the bubble. Why would I? A min-cash is rarely more than 3 times the buyin and often even less. The really important payjumps dont happen, until you are down to the final 5 players or so. This is the time, where you dont want to make great mistakes, and for that reason I attempt to not have a bunch of other tables running, so that I can focus on the final table play.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When in my hands QQ or KK, and the opponent puts everything. We have to take risks.

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't get nervous at all near the bubble ... I just keep playing my game, I'm not supposed to always win or even cash .... so I feel you have to take your chances when they are good, and if my fate is to leave because some brain surgeon shoved with crap and got there .. so be it .... and if my stack is short and won't get me anywhere but a min cash I will happily take an all in if I have good equity ... for me I can't understand why anyone else wouldn't ...

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I get really nervous when I am dealt a big pair or AKs and facing a raise or an all in preflop ! Go for it or fold and wait ? Go figure !

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When in my hands QQ or KK, and the opponent puts everything. We have to take risks.

Yep, that's it. This thing is the most nervous for me too. I'm on the bubble, trying to get paid, my stack allows me to get paid if I don't go all-in, and they start dealing kings, queens, aces… And I have to think if I should go all-in or not, damn! Scary thing.

Doblador bus

Doblador bus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greetings King11982, if it is good technique but as you say ay what to see how many players would go in the hand, the ideal would be hand in hand.

Doblador bus

Doblador bus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greetings. BrewCrew calling a short stack with that hand it's a good option

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Diminishing stack size , being blinded out and being forced to call with a weak hand.

B

BDR-83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good cards with which I lose and fly out.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The short stack nervous me, when I'm near the bubble.

jesuisjesus

jesuisjesus

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general, it's nothing, but some just start to drag out time as if the have a dagger of time. Otherwise it's funny, but it's mostly enraging, so click all in with your blind. :D

W

Wannabepro61

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When trash hands is coming, and folding so much time

P

PrinceJigger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What makes me nervous near the bubble is when I am one of the chip leaders in the tournament but one of the bigger stacks happens to also be at my table and we both get involved in a big pot. I'm sure I've made a few mistakes in these situations due to my nervousness.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when a large stack opens with almost every hand, I still do this when I'm the leader, probably because of this.:D

rustixxx

rustixxx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, sometimes it infuriates that the opponent at the table does all in bluffing. and you think what can be in his hands when you know that my hand is much higher. and only after accepting his bet after showing the cards do you understand that he was really bluffing) or he is a fish!

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing. Just staying cool waiting for the zynga pros to bust out.