What is the hardest part of a tournament ?

E

evgenii1788

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
evgenii 1788

For me, the hardest part of the tournament , this late stage

D

Damianoost

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me the hardest part by far is staying focused the entire tournament right till the death. So often i'm running well, have a small lapse in judgement and bam! tourney over three hours wasted and sad panda!

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep, the start. So many time you raise with good cards and you want to play the hand and someone goes all in. You are forced to make an all in or fold decision.

P

Poom12

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it's the bubble specifically if you have a short stack.

SBEP

SBEP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
The truth be told, there is no hard part in a tournament, most of the beginners tend to do some mistakes that make certain parts of the tourney for them hard, but its really not hard at all, if u keep to some basic strategy, for example, at the start of the tourney u play tight but aggressive, once u double up, play more hands, bluff couple of times, make your stack bigger, then as the tournament progresses, change your play depending on the situation on your table, if u have NIT`s u play agro, if u have loose players tighten up, but always play aggressive, tight aggressive, loose aggressive, let them know if they are in a hand with u they better have it, once they know u are a camelon u can pull off bluffs very easy on them, and there u have it, u r the table captain

Robert Krawczak

Robert Krawczak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me the hardest part is when there's a lot of people blinds are so high, no one have more than 15 blinds in stack. Just big fight for win. Of course i hate loosing tournament on bubble, but it also means for me that i'm not so bad i just try to play better all time ;)

D

dragan malovic

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The begin of tournament .Bcs there is alot of luck and russian and other aggresive player without reason,and u cant use ur poker knowledge. i really think u need to have luck in that stage if u want to recieve final table and get some real money . If u start bad in that stage,ur chance to survive bubble is low . :D

WaroftheGods

WaroftheGods

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Right before the bubble, and then right after, I'm not saying the bubble is easily navigated here lol if I can get to the bubble, I make it through about half the time, but then my chip stack is pretty much depleted.

biaavia

biaavia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me the hardest part is bubble.It is part where you can have deficulte situations (try to dont loose your stack by blinds and dont loose all your stack)

fingers182005

fingers182005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the hardest part in my eyes is just having patience this game is all about patience you cant let a player get to you otherwise your going to lose everytime you play

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
the most difficult part of a tournament is when I have few chips and is about to explode the bubble, I think it is the most difficult if the opponents attack you and they want to remove the chips

NinjaHands

NinjaHands

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dislike the middle of a tourney when you don't have a large stack. Once all the scrubs get busted or get stacked, and you're stuck way outside of the bubble, but still to make a hand.

That is the worst. It's all shoves and folds, no room to play, not much fun.

Late game imo is easier because it's more thrilling. Though technically it is more work/harder, I still think middle game short stacked is the hardest because you're not even close to the goal yet, so it's not fun and it's a long tunnel till the light.

P

patfreed

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Staying patient during the 2nd quarter. Can't win the tournament with 200 left but I sure can lose it.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The hardest part is resisting limping with sexy looking hands that I won't raise with.

This can happen for me throughout a tournament.

Gotta just muck!

Good luck !

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
start of MTT is toughest.. how much time to get ITM

the start of the mtts

when they are slow, the blinds are too small so you could get bored and don't pay attention to all details,

when they are fast then you need to double up early to keep running deep.

You're right, the start of MTT is toughest. Hate to shove, and nobody else does; win the $15 blinds.

There is also the on-demand factor; if I know I can start another tourney in 2,3 minutes, the downside of being super-aggressive isn't much, have to factor other players might be thinking along those lines..

The start is tough when you know you have to devote 3 hours to get ITM.

For example, if freebie where 81st placed. with 700 entrants, it takes 2 hours to get ITM.

If you know ahead of time you'll only be there 2 hours to get ITM, it makes it easier to focus on start of tourney; you know it won't be a mega-grind to get ITM.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When in middle stage of tournament drawing dead for an a hour and slowly losing patience

A

Alex330

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find the start being the hardest part of the tournament

A

Alex330

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can play great with a big stack, but I often find it hard to play with a small one.

F

franknavin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the hardest part is when there is 3 tables left because the antes get high and you really have to decide when to shove to get fold equity. you end up call folding once and you've lost a considerable amount of your stack. theres no room for error because you need to get to the final table comfortably.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely the beginning. You just don't know how the tournament is going to go until you get that first double up.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hardest part is to win.
first avoid the donks
then become very patient
make sure not to waste any chips

for now, I'm happy with itm.

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When there are 10-12 players left, you have to decide when you can get all your chips on the table and double up because the blinds and antes are coming around quickly and if you don't make a move fast you are going to blind out.

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most difficult thing in the tournament is to take all the chips from the opponents.:D