What is the hardest part of a tournament ?

Stanislav

Stanislav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
split

course to paid sites and mostly to the final table there is truth and then you look at dase repetition God forbid :)

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely the 3handed and the start of the tourney when you need to gain chips is the hard part in any kind of tournament not to say the final table. There is all about skills

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
balancing the need for chips and doubling up vs patience when your stack is down to 4-5 to 1 starting pot to stack ratio. or getting dealt JJ at a very aggressive table.

robertocoelho

robertocoelho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the tournament as a whole difficult, but close to the bubble is tense

E

erakdues

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the hardest part is the Mind Control !

wanted2090

wanted2090

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
End of a tournament

The end of a tournament when the blinds are high and you hope to get a good hand.. with a low balance you obviously need to go all in which makes it again harder at the end

cese1962

cese1962

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think every minute of a MTT is difficult, but the more it approaches the final moments of fatigue and improved concentration that we need to end up getting much more difficult to master.

9peso

9peso

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The hardest part of tourney is ending, when all people go All-In with A on hand, that quickly earn big stack. If you play carefully, you quickly lose your chips :/

max_cool20

max_cool20

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think at the middle,don't now why,but it is!

thaysen13

thaysen13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the difficult part is the early of ther tournament.You need to survive.

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Finding something to do while all the small stacks tank every hand to squeeze into the money.

C

chubbybuddha

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest I find the heads up at the end the most difficult part for me personally, I have lost more heads ups than won :(

R

rusty98

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the start of the mtts

when they are slow, the blinds are too small so you could get bored and dont pay attention to all details,

when they are fast then you need to double up early to keep running deep.
yea Start of tournament .You need to start well to gain a momentum.Once you started then you can use your skill to reach to the end.

P

Predatorkc

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Surely the late/bubble part , cause even if you did well on the beginning, one little mistake on these stages can ruin your whole stack . And the blinds and steals getting higher , is much more difficult to make moves.

V

vassiriki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, every minute of a MTT is tough. I have sit for the first hour and just fold, only catching enough hands to keep me at my buy in. Same thing can happen at any point in the tourny. That is when patience comes in play. It's not a lot of fun during those times, and you just have to hold on and wait it out. Takes a lot out of you. I've even got bored. So the hardest part of poker is keeping yourself under control no matter what.

this. i firmly believe that success comes with discipline and to stay alive in the tournaments you have to be patient a lot. at least till a certain point. then it's all how bad you want it, thus courage!

Senneville

Senneville

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me its the 5 first min. Loose player is all over the place.

M

Matthew tudberry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Earliest. Sooooo much variance when you have no idea of ranges of new players and people snap crackle and pop out as they try to "make moves"

B

bebe_vicioso

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe there is no hardest part in general, i think is variable depending of the kind of poker player you are. For me, in general, the hardest part of the tour is the part between early and bubble, because the early stage is usually "by the book", and bubble too, medium stage requieres use all the skills to keep in good chip position to collect better prizes, when call "crazy all ins", knowledge of other player know how to play with the Mzone, ICM for MTT or SNG depending of the type of tour, etc.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me its the 5 first min. Loose player is all over the place.
So, you're telling me that it's hard for you to fold your bad hands for the first 5 minutes because of all the loose players?

That must be rough having to fold maybe 2-3 hands max.

What about the time after that? Does everyone immediately tighten up?

dgospa

dgospa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HMM

For me its bubble play, hardest to survive sometimes. To get in the money after that is much easier for me ofc. CHEERS!

M

maminom

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the most difficult part is the bubble,to me.

BBr3

BBr3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To you , when the tournament is more difficult ?

Obviously at the end, on the final table, after all the less skilled players(generally) have been knocked out.

Or on the bubble if you have a low stack.

S

subdylzep

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is going to be different for every player, depending on your strengths and weaknesses. Many struggle around the bubble, or late in a tournament. Personally, I struggle when we start to get short handed, speciffically around 5- 7 handed. It changes the outcome of ring hands and the %s of winning hands to the point where i get a little skewed with my play. I can generally adjust ok whenever im 4 handed and lesss on the final table, but whenever we get to 3 tables or 2 tables or something like that im always thrown off by the short handed play, and the adjustments i make are usually in the wrong direction or at the wrong time. I can definitely do well in all tournaments but thats my hardest part of the tournament everytime no matter what.

kiddo7

kiddo7

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, it's when I have a gigantic chip lead. For some reason I just feel invincible and start spewing chips. If I just kept my cool and played just like I did when I had a medium stack I think I'd be fine but it's hard when you're dealt suited connectors lol.