Fepitaph

Fepitaph

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that newcomers like me are a rather difficult type of tournament, because a knockout involves expanding ranges, understanding the situation, increasing sizings, until I feel confident at a regular table, I’m unlikely to play ko mtt. but I really like the type of tournaments

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think they are better than no-KO tournaments. because having the possibility of earning money just by eliminating other players gives it importance to recover the money invested

Mantinhoo

Mantinhoo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LT
Chips
I love it. Almost all the time im playing K.O tournaments. Good way to get extra money.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You never get bored playing those tournaments.They are very exciting.On party poker ,you can find many of them with a lower buy-in than Stars

Zaner

Zaner

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In general, I like them if you are lucky enough to eliminate some players, you already recover the value of the ticket, although sometimes because you want to get the reward of someone who goes all in I make you pay a hand that you shouldn't, that's my opinion, greetings
it's a good mode you can take a lot of bounty if you have patient

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t play them often but whenI do they are lots of fun. I would say they are one of my favourites.

K

kapos77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
It's possible to win back your buy-in through knockout bounties

Nandabio81

Nandabio81

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
KO tournaments give great rewards and are fun when knocking out.

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
KO tournaments are fun Receive reward for eliminating other players makes the game attractive

freddsl

freddsl

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think the best tournaments, are more dynamic, and after a few eliminations you already have a reasonable profit.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Looks like many of the tournaments are KO now, .. took some time off.. where is best place to get training?
ScreenHunter 17103

Dara O'Kearney's book is very good (actually all of his books are really good).
PKO's are definitely the most popular format these days... it's also where all of the weakest players are.

I knew that ranges were much wider in these due to the bounties but I didn't know how much I actually needed to adjust my ranges. There's now actually some specific formulas you can use, where you calculate a number based on the # of starting stacks & the size of the bounty. (Dara refers to this as the 'Bounty Factor') and then with this you can plug it into a formula and then you'll know if your calls are +ev. Deeper in the tourney, you're also adding in ICM.

I haven't spent enough time on it but am planning on it (I have the book). Typically marking hands I want to review, and then making calculations while reviewing/studying to see how far off I am on my calling ranges (& shoving/raising, etc.).

Some of the other guys out there have formulas for calculating for PKO's (ie. RYE Bencb). It's the same thing. Dara's is easy to follow.

He's also got a good book on GTO called 'GTO Poker Simplified' It's a good book but not all that 'simple' imo.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually I have not done that well in this format with last months cardschat knockout harvest being an exception when I got second, I sometimes play for like 2 hours and get quite a few chips and then look at the players at the table with me that have similar chipstacks and they have 3 or 4 bounties and I have zero. I should probably adapt my play somehow to get more bounties at the risk of going out early.

Arthurinacio17a

Arthurinacio17a

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My favorites, I think 80% of my tournaments are KO. I believe it adds more excitement to the game

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In general, I like them if you are lucky enough to eliminate some players, you already recover the value of the ticket, although sometimes because you want to get the reward of someone who goes all in I make you pay a hand that you shouldn't, that's my opinion, greetings
I prefer normal tournaments, i.e. without bounties. In bounty tournaments, I very often came across opponents who, precisely for the sake of this bounty, simply played with real garbage, relying solely on luck. This is exactly the main drawback in my opinion in these tournaments.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
I think knockouts a great if you are a good player. People tend to make calls against all ins that they shouldn't' really make, because they want the bounty. While you could get snapped off by some fishes getting luck with his Q5 off suit against your AA or AK, in the end, over the long haul you should be able to take advantage of the fact that some people are looking for bounties and not thinking about the bigger picture, the final table.

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I probably like bounty tournaments even more than regular tournaments, because there you can beat off the entry fee long before the prizes, and then play without straining, knowing that you won't lose anything, just have fun.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i love knock out tournaments, too bad im no good at them. lol

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am also attracted to tournaments with knockouts, like many others, because often players play looser, and having made a certain number of knockouts, you are essentially playing the game after having already beaten the buy-in, before even reaching the prizes

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really don't like tournaments of this format because I rarely eliminate anyone, so it's not profitable for me

9peso

9peso

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like KO tournaments cause it gives you possibility to win additional money in All-in battles. When you have good hand like AA, KK, QQ you can obtain money in few seconds and don't worry about not taking a paid seat