What do you think about rebuys and add ons?

B

bethqueen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like either of them either. I'm from classic poker you fell out of, simple as that. Then come the re-entries, rebuy, addon etc. Poker became more dynamic because of these tools, but as I'm from the older generation I couldn't assimilate well.

kkuk

kkuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think anything good about rebkes and addons from the point of view of irok.they only stretch tournaments and increase the chances of weak players.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i don't like it, i think it is unfair to people who have low bankrolls or even is the last money invested in the tournament.

ScoobyNL

ScoobyNL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
I like it, it makes bigger prizepools and if a player wants to re-enter then i love it when he puts extra $ in the pot.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to avoid playing tournaments with these characteristics. but I don't see a problem.

Ragonesi

Ragonesi

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think rebuy is a great idea but for sure add-ons are, imagine you reach a part of the tournament and you are really short stacked, because you are short stacked your plays probably are either all in or fold, with a little room to breath you can play a better range of hands instead of all or nothing... ADD ON GREAT, REBUYS JUST FOR LOSERS!

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
here you have to play according to the situation, and so many people use the rebuy function to the maximum and first play as dispersively as possible, more or less tight game starts after the addon period, when the value of the chips increases

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
They get in the way of the initial phase of the game because there are many suicides who risk it because they know they can buy a re-entry. On the other hand, R&A fatten the premium.
My advice: Adapt.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The truth is that they don't bother me, if you enter rooms where that's allowed, you're supposed to be able to accept it.

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally prefer to play non-rebuy tournaments because with rebuys you keep buying buying and you just don't don't focus on winning the tournament.:confused:

J

jretired

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's a style to be learned. If you are not committed to rebuying your in the wrong mindset. I prefer freezeouts.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
it is nice to have a rebuy in a tournament if you fell like it's your day
but if you don't like it, just do not play in this kind of tourney

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's good if you have a good bankroll. There's too much gambling going on until the rebay and pretty decent prize pool because of it.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's better to play without rebuys and add-ons, in my opinion the old freeze out version is the best

A

analudias

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don´t like because makes you loose more money, mainly if you don´t arrive in the final table and even when you get ITM.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It is an option, a kind of poker game. You know it from the begginning. I just decide from the begginning how many rebuys I will make, so there is no problem!

Nizar

Nizar

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally prefer to play non-rebuy tournaments because with rebuys you keep buying buying and you just don't don't focus on winning the tournament.:confused:
in my opinion if I have a little money I prefer to play tournaments with rebay and adon because I increase my chances of winning

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Different players approach the question differently – whether to buy an Addon in poker or not. In any case, no matter how the situation in the tournament develops, its cost must be included in the costs of the tournament when conducting bankroll management. If you play tournaments with Rebays, it is recommended to calculate their cost as Buy-in + 2 Rebays+Add-on. Based on this indicator, calculate a comfortable buy-in for the existing bankroll.

We recommend a comprehensive assessment of your situation at the time of the last purchases. To understand whether it is worth buying additional chips, you need to evaluate the size of the average stack, your position relative to other players, the situation at a particular table, the proximity of the prize area and the size of prizes, etc. If you understand that extra chips will not hurt and will help you get prizes - you need to buy them! Be sure to read the article about bankroll management to understand why the costs of Add-on and buy-in should be taken into account when choosing a comfortable cost of tournament events.

Whompus

Whompus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
To many... and late reg.. is way to long...

Jwl8092

Jwl8092

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont mind them, but not a fan of 3hr late registration....

Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the prize increases considerably with the rebuy of aggressive players, who plays tight at the beginning and manages to grow in the tournament can have a good return

C

Chase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont mind them, but not a fan of 3hr late registration....
I like them because they are cheaper to buy-in with a bigger prize pool. The ones I've been playing so far only have a one hour late registration period and run 4 - 5 hours. I imagine with a 3 hour late registration period they would run even longer, which I would not like.

xaj9x

xaj9x

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi, I think it's fun and convenient for those who come to play poker for fun, well, sometimes rebuy, helps to come back again when you moved on business