What do you think about rebuys and add ons?

C

CaptainXL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cool idea about freerolls. I wonder what would come of it?
It has been done, mostly you still don’t exceed the guaranteed amount. There ma actually be some of these on acr.

PeLLeTTi

PeLLeTTi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournaments with rebuy is a bingo until the addon, so I think it's interesting that you only have these tournaments if you're going to rebuy.
My strategy would be the vomiters which will be in droves and try to find big until the 3rd or 4th level, playing a lot in position with the guys and with a very wide range any pair, Axs, Kxs, Suited Connectors and Semi-Connectors and broadways.
If not, I go to rebuy double and relieve the foot to the addon.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello all!

I personally don't like rebuys and addons. I don't like to find myself thinking "but I can rebuy!" and calling when I should not. Of course it is a way for poker sites to make more money but I think it is not good for the game. In my opinion, after buyin everyone should be in the same situation without giving an edge to those to who just go all in all the time and rebuy.

this does not mean more money for the room, sometimes not even with rebuy and addon tournaments reach Gtd many times rooms are putting their money to complete, rebuy and addon are ways to soften.:)

U

unadonk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every format offers its own advantages. Me I like unlimited rebuy events, its good for the game to invite those who live for playing loose and aggressive to keep firing, And if I get KOd after getting it in good then I'm usually pretty happy to have another crack too.

Kennemelo

Kennemelo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every format offers its own advantages. Me I like unlimited rebuy events, its good for the game to invite those who live for playing loose and aggressive to keep firing, And if I get KOd after getting it in good then I'm usually pretty happy to have another crack too.

That's right, but I think you know the feeling when you knock out a player with the thought "god I'll never see him again":D

pokerace_1

pokerace_1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
there is nothing terrible in rebuys, but I consider the addon to be a crime against the entire poker community, only the pokeroom benefits in this case

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try not to play that type of tournaments, although sometimes I play them when they are regular and not satellites

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i am a bit splitted on this

what i dont like about it is if someone has more money he can just rebuy despite playing bad while some other player plays good but gets sucked out (maybe from the mentioned player lol ) and doesnt want to rebuy because it might be too much for him or whatever .

on the other hand the good thing about rebuy tourneys are that if you get unlucky you can start again and get a new chance

a big minus though is that the number of players doesnt decrease for way too long so the tournaments lasts too long

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really dislike add-ons, especially that I am often out of money on my poker account and I can't do the add-on and it really changes the look of the board.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Personally, I don't like rebuy tournaments, I do play them, but if I lose all my chips I don't rebuy, I must confess that I have rebuyed 1 or 2 times and fortunately it worked out well, and another 2-3 times I rebuyed by mistake, there are people who are very maniacal, they bet everything, they lose, they rebuy (they do that over and over again), many times I lose because of a bad moment of play and I don't see the need to rebuy when I think I will lose everything, or if the tournament is very advanced and the blinds are quite high I don't see the need to rebuy either

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I personally don't like it too, this favors who's suppost to spend more money

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just a differennt format and many sites now do re-entries which is simlar. I really dislike the turbo ones where the rebuy is way after registration closes and if you do not have a massive stack you need to burn through many rebuys to stay in.

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don´t like rebuys and add ons It becomes luck and gambling and spoils the game born

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is helpful to have bigger stack and to be able to rebuy if busted due to a bad beat.

I think it's a waste of money 'cos I've just realized it accumulates.
For me it's not worth it and I don't do it anymore.

However, it could be the difference between winning a tourney or getting busted pre-bubble.

Each to their own.

I

intheline

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the rebuy, I think it gives us a better chance to achieve the goal. Addon I hate, because in my opinion it leaves the game unbalanced. Many players play with buy-in + rebuy values ​​in their accounts, but many do not calculate the addon expense, so they are at a disadvantage for players who have the money needed to buy more chips and get more tools in the game.

X

XsMALsX

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally don't like add on. It favour people who have more money in their bank...

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like add on at all but rebuy is a bit better.

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
love em, wish all sites had at least 30% their tourneys rebuy addons

S

steve420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rebuys and Add-on are neccesary to cover the GTD prize pools. I don't mind them at all, just try and play good poker. I also like to satelite my way into these rebuy tournaments for a chance at a huge payday. Good luck which ever route you choose.

krasikrisi

krasikrisi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Мнение

I think it's unfair because it's lost equally in the game. Most is felt when unlimited supplements areI think it's unfair because it's lost equally in the game. Most is felt when unlimited supplements are.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello all!

I personally don't like rebuys and addons. I don't like to find myself thinking "but I can rebuy!" and calling when I should not. Of course it is a way for poker sites to make more money but I think it is not good for the game. In my opinion, after buyin everyone should be in the same situation without giving an edge to those to who just go all in all the time and rebuy.
Well, this addon is a must. For the same money, 30% more chips. And by the way, paradoxically, the shorter the stack, the more profitable rebuys (the tournament share per chip in the short stack is higher than in the deep one). But in the case of a very large stack and with bad addons (=starting stack), you can refrain from adding an addon.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
I think many players would play differently if there was no rebays and/or add ons. I don't like it and I do my best not to use it in my game. I use rebay and add on very rare, almost newer.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There is a place for re-buys and add-ons, but some players miss use it, I once played in a £50 Tournament that had unlimited re-buys for 4 hours and one particular individual bought back in 6 times and still never made the pay-out's. Costing him a total of £350.
I immediately thought that this Guy had a serious problem and needed to be told how stupid he was playing , but I certainly wasn't going to tell him as I had taken him out Twice! and made a healthy stack out of him.
In another Free-roll on-line there was a ruling that if busted out early you could re-buy or add-on for 10 Cents, I was fortunate to make the money before the Re-buys finished and added-on to ladder higher in the pay table, I didn't need to add-on but felt as it was a free-roll there would be players who didn't have the funds to add-on and was proven right.
I made the final table and won quite a bit more than the 10 Cents it cost me to add-on, Some might think this was cheating but it was in the rules before the game started, and it was open to everyone if they had the funds to do it.
You have to weigh up the Pros and Cons of buying back into a Tournament and if you can afford the extra buy-in amount? It is not always in your best interest to do this depending on how many players are still in the Tournament and how many BBs you will be starting back with, so do your Maths before jumping back in.

When the fun Stops, STOP!
(or Re-buy :))

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
games with a buy in of 0.10 cents with reebuy and add on, in the end it ends up costing another $ 1.00 USD, so if you only have 0.10 don't play with reebuy and add on, even a small field is very elastic in this modality reebuy and add on