WCOOP Main Event Strategy

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok mate, I'm off to work now so keep up the great work! Only 60 more players till the bubble so get in there and then wreak havoc :p

I hope to see you still there tomorrow!

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay, new table.
Bad News - seat 1 will probably steal your bb everytime.
Good News - there are other ss that you can steal from. Seat 5 is bb when you are btn, give it a try, 3 - 3.5x bb if it feels right and chip leader isn't in.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No quick folds now. Run it to the clock as much as possible but don't run clock down yet, it's too soon. You also don't want to fold too quickly because it will look like you are only trying to float by til the cash and you will be raised more often if you do this.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very Nice! You needed that! Not a double up but big steal works!

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
41 players to go! I'm sure you know, but do not go all in or call an ai when there is a raise and reraie in front of you. Some would advise that since your goal is to float into the money to not even risk going all in with a premium ppr at this point. That's up to you. You're gonna have to do what feels right. I don't think I would tangle with a deep stacker right now with one, certainly not if I can't isolate and watch for min raises in ep.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
14 minutes till break, 35 players left, steal from seat 5 if you can, again if it feels right. Start running your clock down, not all at once, do 10 seconds or so here and there.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Change that, don't steal from seat 5 now! LOL! He's on a little heater!

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10 minutes til break. 35 players to go.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
22 players to go, youare 379 out of 328. Don't worry about looking like a dweeb or anything for running your clock. This is $8 we're talking about here!!! Next time someone shows down say NH in chat or something, people are more likely to help you run clock if they like you. Some won't but some will
EDIT: $8K we're talking about - not $8 - LOL!

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Break Time! Only 17 people to go until you are $8000 richer!!! I normally go to bed around 2:30 am but got caught up in this. No pressure now, but do not do anything rash or silly at this point and make these extra hours I stayed up be for nothing! LOL!

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's like watching that miracle hail mary for the winning point while in over time! You can do it!

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah this is gonna be so close! Folded a decent pp before, I just don't have any fold equity aginst these big stacks :(

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After break there is going to be a lot of deep stacks putting a lot of pressure on the short stacks. There will be a lot of cautious aggression and the ss's at other table will be running the clocks down quite a bit more - you may want to do this now, run down 15 seconds or so at a time now until we get to hand for hand when running the clock down doesn't matter except for 1 instance:

If you get to the point where you feel like you won't make the money, and you are within 3 people of finishing and about to be blinded out or something, then run the clock down to less than 10 seconds left before calling making a move, calling, checking, whatever because those who go all in first when hand for hand go out first. Those who go all in last will finish in a later spot if they lose.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
13 people to go. Run the clock 20 seconds or so. Keep throwing away those pprs if your goal still is to float into the money.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Glad to see zachvac is there now. He must have played it because you can't chat at table unless you paid to be in tourney. He's good, might have some advice for you.

11 to go now. Stay focused!!! You are 300th place right now.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10 people to go now! Go with your gut. I'd hate to have you fold a premium ppr if you think you can get some chips and then bubble. On the other hand I'd hate for you to lose any chips un-necessarily either when you are so close.

10 to go til $8000!!! You can do it!!!

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Blinds don't go up again for another 26 minutes so that's good, try to stall them coming around to you though because you don't want to have to go through them a few times while other short stackers are stalling until hand for hand and as you know you don't have enough chips to go through them a few times.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SS for the tourney will be going through the blinds in 2 hands. but he has enough to go 2 orbits. Table 95

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
omg gogogogogogogogo 5 people left!!

FOLD AA

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are now 290th out of 311 with 5 people to go - so far so good!

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4 to go, fold and stall, fold and stall!!!

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's getting better, 285 out of 310 now!!!!

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 to go until you are $8000 richer!!!!!

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I"M ON PINS AND NEEDLES NOW!!!! FOLD IT ALL!!!!!!!!!! STALL STALL STALL!!!!!!

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1 to goooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAND FOR HAND!!!!!!