WCOOP Main Event Strategy

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never played this size of a buy in tourney before but there is one big error I am noticing: Stop using the auto fold button - especially in the blinds! You notice your blinds, especially your bb is being raised every single time by either the co or mp+2? Because you are doing this - stop it! If you aren't using the auto buttons it sure looks like you are because you are folding so very fast! They are beating up on your bb because of this - stop doing it!!!

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OMG you just got so lucky!!! VN! AI PF from mp with KQ os, called by CO with JJ and SB with QQ and flops a K! Nice!!!

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had to do it, getting really shortstacked, and not much room for a raise/fold. Better to be lucky than goot sometimes :p

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand - but please stop with the auto folds! You are allowing your blinds to get stolen too often because of it. You're hanging in there and that is awesome!

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I was gutted when that UCP guy went out, I was r/r him a bit with mostly air. But seriously, just nothing to defend with against the others and there all calling stations calling 3bets.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You did good against mp2 (seat 4) - he's backed off since you stood up for your bb and won that hand. The CO - or in other words Seat 5 - he's not going anywhere at all. Anytime you bet he will call and try to bully you. Do not tangle with him again unless you have a good ppr, preferably JJ +. He's got too many chips and is determined to take you out from the looks of it. The flops have been pretty low everytime you tangle with him and I'm assuming you've had face cards? Don't get me wrong - if you end up on the btn again and think you can isolate seat 5 with a premium hand of any kind go for it - you're too short stacked now to pass up a premium hand. Just try to isolate when you shove and know seat 5 is probably calling you with any 2 cards.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
*PHEW!!! I told ya seat 5 was calling you down! Very lucky again it was a chop with the KJ os! He did think about it though first - this is a good sign. We need PS to deal you a bigger hand, looks like you're still pretty card dead.
Edit: LMAO! He is actually complaining about that? LOL LOL LOL! He's got over 100k in chips, you've got 10k and he's calling that a bad beat and he's sick of them? What a wuss!!!! Now I'm really hoping you beat him in an ai!

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
*Suggestion: When seat 3 folded to your all in and guessed you had AA, instead of saying it was either AK, 88, 99 etc; you should have just said Good Read. This way you can pick a spot like CO or BTN and shove ai again if everyone folds around to you so you can steal. People are likely to fold to you, even a shorter stack if they think they are up against a premium ppr. Just a thought - maybe you really did have a big ppr and said that to get them to call and double you up. Not sure but nice job.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's such a nit, i thought he'd insta call there after me shoving KJo, yeah I had AA.

J

Johnnybmoto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whats your PS name? would love to rail ya

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
doubt I'll be in long. ***Duke748*** without the *, keep chat to this thread though if you wouldn't mind. Thanks. table 200909045

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes! That's what I'm talking about! Got that idiot to fold his raise! Well Done!

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Appreciate the rail/advice Storm :)

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Woot! Yes! That is my favorite hand - 99 - Very Nice!!! I flop more sets with that pair than any other - just like you did! VN!
:party: :party:

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay, 12 mins to break. Short stackers have a tendenacy to push just before break because they don't like coming back from break as a ss so be careful right now. You've got about 430 people to beat out before placing for $8k.

Np - glad to help/encourage

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay, probably a good fold there. I saw you thinking about staying with seat 4 on his raise. He raised utg +1 and (I'm assuming you are keeping notes) he's only shown down with big pprs so far.

Last edited:
StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't see where it said but is this playing out for 8 hrs or until the cash before stopping for the night. Just curious - I'm a night owl anyway.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Level 22 apparently so like another 4hrs :eek:

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great work Jagsti, keep it up.

I have been watching quietly for the past hour and have yet to see you steal any blinds so far. Storm can probably give you a good idea of who and when to start stealing but it should start before you get too shortstacked again that you have to push all in.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, it's been tricky stealing, as the 2 on my left have been calling a lot whenever I have tried to do it. Unfortunately my stack size is really tricky atm and I'm not left with a lot of manoeuvring. But yeah I hear what your saying.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great work Jagsti, keep it up.

I have been watching quietly for the past hour and have yet to see you steal any blinds so far. Storm can probably give you a good idea of who and when to start stealing but it should start before you get too shortstacked again that you have to push all in.
Yes. He's done a good job of knowing who the nits are so far. Definitely seats 3 & 9 will be good ones to steal from but I've already seen him pick up on that and push a little. Yes, a little more pushing to steal from them but only if you've a least got a little something and others have folded to you. Definitely not seat 2 - ss but a lag - not seat 1 - tag with guts and calling ss's. Seat 4 is wary of him now as well and is a nit.
He knows seat 5 has been pushing a lot from btn and co with air but about the time he tries to push back seat 5 will have a real hand, he hasn't shown a real hand in awhile but I'm sure it's coming.

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have a fairly tight image at the table now too, so it may get a little easier to pick them up. Just remember to pick your spots carefully and dont do anything too drastic while you still have a decent amount of chips...

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I gotta say i'm virtually card dead. There's not even any moderate Ax's to shove with.