Chips
Yes! Woot! And big slick ftw!!!

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL, was holding my breath for a 9 to hit. He had some outs on the turn lol.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That definitely helped and yes he does have a tight image - that will a lot as well. He is being careful and that's good. Now he's got enough chips to definitely try to pick a few up from the nits under the right conditions.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seats 1 & 4 are just below avg chip stack. They want to get involved in some pots safely and hope to steal some blinds. Seat 1 is protecting his bb though for the most part. Seat 3 still a nit but being 20k above avg chip stack I see he is calling a little more to see a flop, seat 6 is still fairly new and has being playing fairly tight, problem with him and seat 7 who is playing tight looking for a double up is pos when they are in blinds, your ep so not good. 9 will be good though when he's bb and your sb. Back off a cbet on 9 though if he calls one on the flop, he's too short and if he calls a cbet on flop he'll pretty much pot commit himself. *although hu he'll probably fold to 3x bb pfr.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Perfect! Loving the pocket rockets! Patience is paying off! Now you've got enough chips to be dangerous, but not enough to be risky. Good chip stack to try some steal - again only if the conditions are right!
*You notice seat 5's raises vary slightly? around 2.1 - 2.2 x bb when not so proud and 2.3-2.4x bb when liking his hand?

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We'll have to see what this new guy in seat 7 is like. With his chip stack you might not get to see another flop from your bb but on the other hand, I'll bet for now all but seat 5 are very intimidated by him and don't raise your bb as much unless they actually have something. This could be good - could protect you a bit because they have to go through him to get to you.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely didn't like seat 1 being in on that. He's risky and he looked like he wanted a call. Getting close to break again, play will start getting a bit more aggressive again. Be cautious but pounce if you sense weakness but be sure it is weakness and not a trap. Think a lot about hand ranges. Seat 1 was not afraid to bet into chip leader on that one so I think that was a good fold.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You see that with seat 5? Just like I said. He bets around 2.3-2.4x bb pf when he has something.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just like I said, almost break, ss's pushing it and play getting more aggressive. What did you have when you called that raise from the btn?

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So glad the sb pushed there, I had JTs, probably would have gon broke on that flop with the big stack if he hadnt.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
230 players to go before $8k!!! GL for next round! Strategy is going to change a bit, mostly deep stacks left on the table. They will probably pay to see a flop, your post flop play will be important now. Might still be able to steal from seat 4 but only if 5 & 7 have folded and no raises in front of you. He's tightened up so if he reraises you better have something.

J

Johnnybmoto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm off to bed, I'll check in the morning to see how your doing.

Good luck

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't pressure yourself too much and make a mistake but you need to accumulate some more chips to make it to the money so be picky on what you choose to call raises with and keep in mind how many are behind you left to act and if they are likely to reraise for a steal or not.

tpb221

tpb221

Chasing Gutshots
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best of luck!! Rail you for a bit.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That was unfortunate but the right move, just got unlucky. The deep stacks on this table are getting out of the way for ss vs ss confrontations. Unless deep stacks have a really good hand and think they can take 2 ss's out at once they are getting out of the way. I would have done the same thing. Only problem I see is I think you took a little too long to cbet the flop, that made it look like a cbet instead of like you had something.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exactly! Very nice, the deep stacks got out of the way waiting for you two to knock each other out and figuring you both for premium hands. Perfect!

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PHEW!!!! OMG!!! Was totally sweating bullets on that one! If you go all in 3x in a row you are definitely getting a call and man was I sweating bullets and I'm not even in this thing or anything - LOL!

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My bad, was typing out a post on your last ai of 10 10 and didn't see the 77 vs 88 hand. If I had I could've called for you 7 like I did for your last hand! LOL! NP, he was ss, u still can be dangerous.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good fold, seat 2 has folded to your raises before but everyone else folded to you in co and so someone probably had a good hand and pretty sure it was seat 2.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
New table - this is great news! Only downside is now you have to learn their play and the table chip leader will be sharing the blinds with you but that's it.

You are now with avg chip stacks and below avg chip stacks. You are rid of all the deep stacks and chip leaders. You are now in a pos to start stealing.

The bad news - 6 minutes till break so now is not the best time to take too many risks. Wait until after break.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seats 1 & 2 have been tangling with each other. Seat 1 definitely likes his btn raises, don't take those away from him unless you have a really good hand. Chances are good that seats 1 & 2 will take each other out.

You've got just under 100 peeps to cash. Some of the ss's are going to try and double up after break, probably the really short ones like seats 2 & 5. The other shorter stacks that are just a little under avg chip stack are going to probably try and float to the cash playing pots cautiously. All of these can be taken advantage of. The shorter stacks will probably fold to your steal attempts when you show strength, the short stacks will either fold or reraise ai depending on their hand and such.

Seats 8 & 1 are obviously the looser aggressive players on the table. Try to steer clear of them unless you are in a pot with them and sense weakness - again make sure it is weakness and not a trap - but those are unlikely as they like to bet.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
*Oh, and pay close attention to their betting patterns for tells. How much they raise and how quickly they do it - make note of this. Make notes of every showdown you see. Replay hands if needed to get things accurate.
Edit: And keep your eyes on the prize: 91 more peeps til you are $8k richer!!!

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
62 players to go, you need to steal when it feels right to you. Seats 1 & 6 are probably the biggest nits on the table. Careful of seat 3, he's tight but protective of his blind. He may call and fold to a cbet - not sure - do you have a hud? If you attack seat 3 make 3-3.5x bb and only when everyone has folded to you.