Tournaments with rebuys - Are they worth playing?

Svyat66556

Svyat66556

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't really like tournaments with unlimited rebuys because
the game in the first hour is usually very loose and aggressive, frequent all-ins. If you don't participate in them, you just lose all the blinds, if you will - then a very high risk of loss, even if you will have the advantage

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tournaments with rebuy/unlimited rebuy have a lot of players raising allin with poor cards (and they are very lucky).
Anyway even with bad cards they normally still with 15-30% of chance to win pre-flop, so you have to count with this.
You can try win (with some luck), or stay ITM with a lot of patience and clicking the FOLD button.

Rounder_740

Rounder_740

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hate these tournaments personally. People are more prone to approach it like a cash table meaning they take more chances and gamble early on weaker hands. This could go your way in some cases accumulating chips but in most cases you get sucked out on

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
always have the BR to rebuy enuf till the blinds are close to the starting stack, depending on the buy-in it can add up,I used to always do a 2X buyin from the start but now i wait an hope to DU and save the rebuy