Tournaments with rebuys - Are they worth playing?

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not for me, if you make a mistake and get busted tough luck, you've lost try again ! 2hrs for late rego is a pain ! 5hrs + last night #SquareEyes #Bags

S

SantasPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy a good rebuy, specially if you can get in with the people who love to shove with any two cards and you only need a halfway decent holding in order to call.. They are definitely not good if you cannot afford a few rebuys yourself incase something goes wrong, which I assure you it will in a rebuy tourney of any amount.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes, they can be very profitable on the long run however the variance can be very big in these tournaments so you should have at least 300 bi to play them unlike regular tournament in which 100 bi is enough in most cases to avoid losing your entire bankroll.
the best strategy for me is to start playing tight aggresive in loose tables and more loose in tighter tables and if i doubled or triple my stack early on the tournament i would probably play tighter in most cases trying to reach the add on period without making a rebuy. also i think its important for you not to lose many buy ins on a same tournament so try not to make more than 3 rebuys and the add on otherwise you are going to lose 5 or 6 buy ins on a single tournament and that will cost you lot of money on the long run

Last edited:
D

Dedulia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know how but I do not play tournaments with rebuys because there is a lot Isakov cator close and go to al in slabymi cards do not like this game at atemu only play tournaments with one in progress and at the middle limits there are more strong players and take off fun to play:)

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't stand them! They inspire worse play than freerolls. I've seen players rebuy nine times in the first hour of a R/A tournament, then win a five way pot with 7-3 off 2 hands before the end of the rebuy period. With a double add on at the first break, they ended up being in sixth place after playing horrible enough to be knocked out eight times in an hour. I see enough bad play already, without donkeys having to pay away their terrible play.

S

stokedog4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For those that are saying they don't like them, I totally understand. However, I think one response hit the nail on the head... Added value. You have to loosen up for sure, but you also will be able to put yourself in a lot of good spots. You will take more bad beats, but that's because you are losing coin flips or as slight favorites, (also lose 1/5 times with 80/20s....

But the thing is, if you don't like them, don't play them. The important part is to make sure you are BANKROLLED for it!

Go in knowing it's prob 5-6x the initial buy-in.. So for a $5 rebuy, you should be rolled for $30 MTTs... You can take it on with one, or two bullets and try to navigate the mindfield, but you'll need a stack after the break and you will have lots of play with all those chips!
stoke

S

SantasPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've seen a lot of the regulars that go deep do as many rebuys as it takes to build a nice stack, then after rebuy tighten up to your regular play. On the flip side if you are on a tighter budget you wait and get it in good and can advance by not pushing ridiculous hands

BLACKSOLDIER

BLACKSOLDIER

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read somewhere that you should expect to rebut up to 10 times so if you can't afford that don't play...

AntonEast

AntonEast

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I don't like playing tournaments with rebuy and add-on, but if you do you need to have a big enough bankroll to make rebuys and add one, or else you will be in great disadvantage against the others

migesan

migesan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
re-buys are great, especially when I play satellites to tournaments, many times they pulled me, especially when they are unlimited.

yelmopoker01

yelmopoker01

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone has ever felt that feeling "if I could buy more chips and try again ...". Well, tournaments with the recommendation will give you this opportunity, but you need to know how to use it in a well thought out way and following a strategy.

A small variation of this strategy is the "three bullets" strategy. This variation consists of making a buy-in, up to a rebuy, and if this does not work, wait for the add-on and do it. There are practically three chances in the tournament. A slightly heavier investment than the previous strategy, but totally within the bankroll.

Tournaments with rebuy are a growing trend, study them, strategize, line up, adapt thoughts and enjoy this type of tournament that can be very lucrative considering the large number of money injected into the prize pool by the players.

So that's it, GL on the tables !!!
yelmopoker01

D

ds276

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that is optimal in-game rebuy sit at the table with the risk of losing a buy-in + 2хrebay + addon. More to lose and I think it makes no sense to risk. If you are lucky to quickly increase your bankroll, try to play carefully, with minimal risk.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
There are many who like and play them , and many more who like to rebuy many times or register late , etc . I play them on the micros , I generally like playing once and when I lose I stop playing , but I rebuy sometimes for fun .

D

doom

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
i like them before but now more and more poker rooms have fee on rebuys and addons and that i do not like

V

vassiriki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I used to play tournaments regularly I loved re-buys. One of my biggest online cashes was in a $5.50 re-buy at PokerStars - it was for $5-6k - can't remember the exact amount.

Always enter a re-buy knowing that you will probably need to re-buy at least twice and make the add-on. However there is nothing wrong with giving up if a few re-buys doesn't work. Don't break the bank trying to stay in.

Players will play very loosely in re-buys in the early stages. Take advantage of that by trying to trap them with premium hands. You will need to build a nice stack to stay in.

Always take the add-on - you don't want other players on the table to have a huge chip advantage over you.

Once the re-buy period is over and add-ons are done play will become a bit more normal so pay attention to how other players change up their game at this point.

this. in re-buy tournaments, if the amounts are low, lots of players play very loose and you just have to take advantage of it. you might also get calculated risks if you have few chips near re-buy and add-on period. but as in every tournament, you just try to stay in the game!

miric007

miric007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like this kind of tournament, if you're playing poker and you lose your chips game for you is over.

fly2tsky

fly2tsky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont do that regularly but I abuse that things on satellite tournaments. It supports me to play aggressively and getting closed to the ITM since people are not really interested in satellite tournaments though

redwhitealex

redwhitealex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes yes Rebuy tournaments are crazy. especially when they are unlimited. All are all-in almost any cards to increase the stack. I'll make no more than 2-3 rebuys and 1 addon. if once the game did not go the better to play in the next tournament and the rest)

D

dan1ka

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as you have the bankroll for this format, it is one of the most enjoyable in my humble opinion. It's so amazing to see people Tilt-Rebuying :) :)

mcgregor_415

mcgregor_415

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like very much that kind of tournaments. You may do a nice bankroll at the beginning when a lot of not so good players are easy going all in pre or after the flop. If you hit some nice flop you may easier double your stack against such players. It's worth to put a little big more risk in such games at the beginning, because you may get easy chips. Just you need to observe the preflop all-inters. However there is always a chance to be beaten by worse cards, but would mind an all in with 80-20 or even 70-30 chances.

K

kopyrka

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer tounaments with big addon - 10X from buyin. I always wait until late reg, then jump into it, and make addon - so I will have about average stack and no additional rebuys!

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And I do not like these tournaments, because the small chance of winning, as he played there and what specifically did not win

F

feecg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never played tournament with rebuys b4 but i think when you beat some1, the player that rebuys comes back with his mind lost in the game, i mean, you have to be very focused not to lose again

W

Weee3eee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with most. If it's unlimited rebuys, look at how many bb you would have when you enter and just wait if you come in deep. I like to go in around 20bb to 25bb stack. Most people will start to tighten up and not play donkey poker as the late registration ends and you have you addon. I also do the double rebuy as well.

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont like tournaments of unlimited freebuy,you take out some player for several time and is not enough,he still playing....