Tournaments with rebuys - Are they worth playing?

T

TargetLion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good tournaments espially live MTT.

Tanvir Mahmud

Tanvir Mahmud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol i really dont like tournaments with rebuy because it takes too much time to finish and enter into the money

Z

ZingyT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My rebuy strategy is to always late reg to the max and just take the addon so I am spending as little as possible and taking advantage of free equity in the prize pool since I am not rebuying.

I also take this approach. It gives oodles of free equity. Late registration for some tourneys can be as long as 5+ hours, and sometimes fields are 80% eliminated with 50%+ players paid when I join.

S

Steven Curkovic

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion you should enter this tournament expecting to buy in a couple times at least. Many players will try to build a huge stack early on, therefore you should expect to see people getting into flips or people jamming all in on draws. I think you shouldn't slowplay at all and do what you can to gain a huge stack immediately, at least before rebuy period. I forget which pro, but I remember hearing one pro buy in I think 14 times before eventually winning it hahaha. Cause your goal should be to go for gold in these tourneys, not for a min cash.

bujjhati

bujjhati

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess they are worth, because the prize pool is way bigger than the other types of tournaments

B507

B507

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very like that kind of MTT.
You can use lot of strategy here - depending of time when you entering into the tourney : at the start, in the middle of Re-Buy time, or in `last chance jumping in` - when only few seconds left before the registration is over.
If I have the time - I better begin them from start : using auto Re-Buy at 1st, so - starting with `double` start stack.
During Re-Buy time - you can closer to research all players at your table : how they defend`s their blinds, how they play vs aggressive players, how long the thinking & etc. All that can help - when real game begins, when Add-On is over.
If lot of players re-buy`s so much - ok, that`s a good new : prize pool will be bigger & bigger. Let them do it ! More often !

-
Life is short one - so hurry up by every second !

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not like tournaments with rebuys. But in these tournaments there are pros because of the fact that many players make rebuys and add-ons, the prize money in a rebuy tournament is always an order of magnitude larger than in normal tournaments. If you happen to make a few rebuys or not do them at all, it plays in your favor. Rebuy tournaments can be very profitable.

shody

shody

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play rebuy tournaments and i say they worth to be played because i have won some money in this kind of tournaments.My strategy is to register in last minutes of late registration because in most tournaments rebuys are avalaible for 90 minutes and late registration is 60 min,so in 30 min that remains after registration is closed is possible that you will make less rebuys than if you register from begin,late registration and play just good hands,there are a lot of all in you must have patience to have a good hand.I usually have minimum 10 rebuys,try to not make too many rebuys,keep money for addon too,then be calm,have patience and try to play as good as you can.

D

Danc1u

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unlimited rebuys tournaments realy sux,ppl just want to have as much stack as they can before addon and they play a lottt of shit1 cards,a LOT...those with 1 reb 1 add`on are nicer,try those...u have a good exemple of that on pokerstars...3,50 + rebuy and add`on,as much as u want,i used to play those,they are profitable if u play ure cards and don`t make 10 rebuys :) Gl

D

Danc1u

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play rebuy tournaments and i say they worth to be played because i have won some money in this kind of tournaments.My strategy is to register in last minutes of late registration because in most tournaments rebuys are avalaible for 90 minutes and late registration is 60 min,so in 30 min that remains after registration is closed is possible that you will make less rebuys than if you register from begin,late registration and play just good hands,there are a lot of all in you must have patience to have a good hand.I usually have minimum 10 rebuys,try to not make too many rebuys,keep money for addon too,then be calm,have patience and try to play as good as you can.

And if its a turbo or hyper what do u do?with 2 rebuys u have a 6k stacks and the blinds are 1-2k :) its better to play then from the begining,wait for a good spot,cards and u make a nice stack before the reg is ended:p i tryed u`re strategy but...:) kindah failed for me ...for me :)

3ccasd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to try to play in this tournament by making 1 rebuy and priyanyat push two -treh man (so often) and in the case of my victory, I'm just waiting until nastaenet time of addons, if I lose it get out of the tournament

YuriNepo

YuriNepo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like this format. My friend really won once this tournament for $ 1 and got 1.5-2k do not remember exactly, but no one of my friends did not show good results in mtt + r.

B

benjustben

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i just play like normal.. if i bust early, usually dont rebuy. sometimes like others said, wait to play until the rebuy periodis up, then add on,,
good luck!

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not play in tournaments where unlimited number of rebuys. Unprofitable. For these tournaments need a good bankroll. I try to only play with no re-buys and add-ons. There is always a strategy game tight and everything is predictable.

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes. why not? if you bust out you can come back =)

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Is very good that kind of tournaments is just to have a passion and go all in with strong hands since generally as it is a tournament rebuy players go with any hand

B

bbiase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love them, richer prizepools, less rake.

Advices:

1) Get ready for longer tournaments, since there'll be more chips in play.
2) Play with a tighter bankroll management. They are usually higher in terms of variance since players are willing to take more risks early on.
3) Preserve your chips for value situations. There are always loose callers/shovers, you want to be deep enough to take advantage of that.
4) Every buy in is a different tournament. Buy in/Rebuy only if you think it's +EV, even if you're down to 5 or 6 buy ins and you have no hope of getting that money back. TABLE SELECTION

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think the best strategy is to enter 15 minutes to finish the tournament because these Re buy tournaments have a lot of fish at the beginning of the tournament so this m

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends... there are some rebuys tournaments ( especially not turbo games) that can be a bit soft. my prefer tactic si to play tight at begining and be aggresive by value against LAG or fishes. if you lose you can still make a rebuy but it's not recommended to make 3 or more rebuys.

B

burntalot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i try to find a good deep stack mtt with no rebuys or addons

cheapseats76

cheapseats76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most tourneys online now have some sort of rebuy re entry option. I personally never rebuy or reenter a tourney once I go bust. I play every tournament the same way but many players will push with mediocre hands early looking to double up or triple up. I always add on if the option is available but it really depends on what your comfortable with or what your BR can handle. Good luck on the felts!

eueu

eueu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well worth it. You should play it tight and wait for the re-entry period to run out, and avoid getting into coin flips during this period.

M

masha535

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The rebuy tournaments you can play , but if bankroll allows))))) I personally like to play SNG's 3.5+r /180 man!!!! the prizes are super and on time is not so long ):)

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When playing a re-buy you need to consider that you will rebuy 5 times and play very aggressively during that rebuy period to accumulate chips. This does not match my comfortable level of risk allowance and I do not play them.