T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I do not like slow or hyper tournaments at all. But I would play these kind of tournaments ih they are freerolls.The problem is that you can not play skillful poker with faster structures and I do not like this.

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thats interesting but generally i also prefer slow if i take poker more seriously. But sometimes i get wish just to gamble a little bit and shorter tournaments are fine for that. But it is very important not to associate the loss in quick tournaments with poker as a game itself.:icon_thum

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
When I first started playing online, I preferred normal speed, because I wasn't very good and I felt like I was getting my money's worth that way. It was more about how much I was spending per hour, rather than how much was I making, per hour.
I think that, when you turn the corner into profitability, we're looking increasing our throughput of hands. ie. if you are playing a winning strategy, you want to get as many hands in as quickly as possible. As such, Turbo's and hypers become more cost effective, especially if you start deep stacked.
Trouble is, you get short stacked pretty quickly and you're going to reach a point where you are shoving hands to prevent getting blinded out, rather than shoving hands that are good shoves.
But at the end of the day, there is a variety of games which suits a variety of styles and reveals its excitement in a variety of ways.
When I play live with my friends, I prefer slower games because it is about having fun with my friends. But otherwise, I prefer games which are going to be wrapped up in 4 hours or less...preferably MUCH LESS.
Cheers,
JT

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't play at normal speed. I tolerate turbo, but I prefer hyper turbo especially if its deep stacked. It's easier to get an idea of where the tourney is going for you. Sure, less hands bla bla.. more pressure, but if you double up a few times in the early minutes, you're on your way!

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Most online MTTs I played were turbo. So got accustomed to them.

P

PaulRosson

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely prefer slow tournaments but they're few and far between for freerolls so my turbo/hyper strategy has definitely improved.

hsimonyan

hsimonyan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All tournaments are good in their own way, I like to participate in all:cool:

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Slow, freezeouts, no rebuys, no addons. To me it is the fairest of all kinds. I don't like the pace, the rush and the all-in gambling type of tournaments. So, I avoid as much as possible getting tangled in anything else.

P

povelitelbz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that the slower the game goes, the more everything depends on your level of play, because at a distance a strong player will always be in the black.

J

jj6m

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i prefer faster games. takes away some boredom