Slow, Turbo, hyper turbo

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Slow tournaments for real poker masters, the player's level is very important, 85% skill, 15% luck.
Turbo tournaments are also suitable for poker masters, but here you will need a little more luck, 70% skill, 30% luck.
Hyper-turbo tournaments for real psychos :D, never win without luck, 30% skill, 70% luck.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play them all, it’s depends on how much time I have, or in what kind of mood I am. I love to play them all, even in the same time.

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
The different tourney speed have some advantages and some negative aspects. In the hyper you have higher variance because you must play more hands our you getting outblinded. If you check the difference you can handle it. For me im mostly comfortible in the turbo edition. You have the advantage of faster blinds but not the hyper variance.

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Do you play more hands in the starting phase in the hyper tourney, because yo have more bb. So you can limp the hands to get some chips before the blinds get high you must get nearly push any two hands.

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually I like slow tournaments. Because in faster, luck percentages incerase. Blinds rises quickly so if you're dealt trash hands or miss the board on some spots, then you're dying in quiet. Average preflop shoves are coin flips mostly. A-Jo or 7-7.. it's all in God's hands..

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer slow playing. With turbo and hiper you must quickly win allin couple of Times to be on the playing. This is to hard for me because you must have big luck which i don't have. (cruel river).

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Mostly slow. Turbo and Hyper depends from my mood. If I want to play just a couple hours choose turbo, rare hyper. But I like slow tourneys with maximum 2 hours of late registration if it is not a big tournaments of course, like Sunday Million.

T

tamara822

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mostly play regular tournaments. But depending on the mood, sometimes I really like playing turbo tournaments. Because if you’re not in turbo style, you’re unlikely to win any money in a tournament. :)

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not say that there is a lot of luck in hyper turbo, there is a lot of training, you need to think very quickly, calculate combinations

GGery000

GGery000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play regular and turbo tournaments, the speed of these tournaments suits me.

mavrulit

mavrulit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer slow tournaments, but life forces me to play everywhere! In slow, you can at least think a little.

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Turbo is definitely my speed
Enough time to play good hands
Fast enough not to get bored

A

airvikki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like hyper turbo at all, I prefer slow ones. But the turbo is also not particularly embarrassing)

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
torneos lento o turbo

hello i prefer the slow ones and the turbo ones but i also play some hyper ones and i have won some of $1.10 that are in pokerstars

T

tladake

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
turbo or sometimes slow, like to focus and think when its important game. if its face to face or 3 payers, prefer turbo or hyper.

E

ender0713

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I almost always prefer the fastest available, just because of the action, and time element. I like to play a tight game, but it's also nice to know, that when you do want to play a hand, as a tight player, that you're likely to get the action you want. :)

I enjoy longer tournaments as well, but only when there's a lot of value in them, for a cheap buy-in. Such ACR/BCP tournaments as, (T22) The Deuce Deuce - $100K GTD, and/or, The Bowski Special - $15k GTD, for $11 :)

Good Luck!
(Labor Under Correct Knowledge)
:):):):):):):)

Last edited by a moderator:
B

budweiser74777

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello to all ! I love slow and turbo! and very fast - not mine ...

O

otmputquant

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer regular or turbo for 6 max but regular for 9. The faster the blinds increase the looser I have to play. As a newbie I prefer to play tighter so the slower the better for me. Also occasionally I like the sit & go heads up.

D

dirty_nerd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slow, Turbo, hyper turbo

I prefer slow tournaments. I like to observe and gather info about a player throughout a tournament and I am just not lucky. I keep telling myself that everybody goes through those periods of poor results over varying lengths of time, but I can't help but feel that I am very unlucky. I try to frame is positively and say that my opponents are lucky or that I did not get lucky but at times it feels like punishment. Since the element of luck is magnified in turbos and hyper-turbos, I try to avoid them like the plague. I am forced to play them sometimes though and I have even taken one down before, but I vividly remember having to get lucky on a couple of hands. I also avoid turbos and hypers because I don't want to build bad habits. My approach to MTTs defies conventional wisdom. Turbos and hypers require a certain approach that is not consistent with how I normally approach a tournament.

DanS87

DanS87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I find it depends on the situation.

If I'm playing with limited time (on lunches etc) then the turbos are what I prefer. But in general, I prefer slower tournaments over turbos.

I like having a bit more time to properly think through what I'm doing. I haven't played enough to have quick-fire instincts yet and prefer the time to properly think plays through

J

jason2626

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer hyper most of the time mostly because people will sit to get in the money in the regular and turbo more. Other than that doesn't matter to me

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I still prefer slow tournaments, there is less pressure than in a turbo or hyper tournament, although I have no problem playing turbo tournaments, only in those types of tournaments I register from the beginning and in slow ones I register a little later. the only hyper tournaments that I like to play are the SNG HU

I

ihor34841

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
slow turbo hyper turbo

I like to play slow poker. Because you learn more when you play longer and in hyper or turbo poker you can lose the stack very quickly. In my opinion, slow poker has more skills than fart.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If the game is hyper turbo or turbo, you must be aggressive, fast and in the right timing!