Should we stop playing freerolls at some point?

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play freerolls if I don't have any money in my account.. Occasionally, there are special freerolls with big payouts, so I'll play them. But I'm really not interested in playing the freerolls if I can play real money tournaments.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
no, unless you win a very very important tournament, or at least that's what I would do, freerolls always contribute and let's say an example: if you invest $ 10 in tournaments and lose, but you keep playing freeroll and you win that can help you cover even a part of what you lose, at least that's my point of view

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I will only play freerolls until I get a $1,000 bankroll. Afterwards I will focus on micro tournaments, but still playing some freerolls.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
depend wich tournament i do.........if i pay freerolll i dont care but if its not the same.....

Z

Zypher2212

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are fun, you get to see some very interesting “play”

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
they dont cost anything but time

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For someone who plays poker for money, not for fun, it may be a waste of time and effort to play freerolls. Fortunately I don't play poker for money and I have enough time and I am not planning to quit freerolls.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We usually play freerolls because we're broke and don't want/have to put money on or can't because of a significant other ect. Even the best get beat and have to start back at the bottom sometimes. There like a moped,you wanna ride the shit out of it but don't want any1 to see you..lol..

I think its about practice and practice and after you figured poker out(like knowing all yr outs with there %s of winning) go and throw a hundo or 2 on and grind it 50/50,half on tournaments and half on sng and try it out. 6 man sngs are my favorite while I'm in playn in tournys too so im not itching to call cards I shouldn't. Good luck and have fun.

D

DonkArmyFish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone once told me they only play a freeroll is the cash prize pool per dollar is higher then the single entries,

$1>1 x player

I have stuck to this and it has avoided me headaches but then again stupid plays are not just limited to freerolls I took a shot last night at a $100 buy in on ACR mid stages jammed 13 bigs with AQs got snapped off with A4 and he hit the 4, shot took in the $88 loncar and same story jammed QQ snapped by A7 he rivers ace.

People have this misconception that bad play stops once you get to a higher stake its simply not true, If you don't use bankroll management you will get slaughtered

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are good player and built a bankroll ,you should play cash tournament +ev

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't think it's a case of stopping playing the freerolls. But when your game is already strong it's time to venture into cash tournaments or cash games as well.

W

wengz2002

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Quote,

Open that debit card and get depositing.

Agree with Ben about his last point too though,think we need to deposit regularly also take advantage of every possible free ticket,bonus offer and reload promotion going as well as freerolling fanatically to give yourself more opportunities to grow bankroll.
Most important thing though is withdraw more than you deposit not easy but to succeed at poker helps if can do this.

Best Scenario that is~

Freeroll Passwords