Should we stop playing freerolls at some point?

Tomacco

Tomacco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hahaha

I think if you have enough cash.. you can stop..
Anyway will never stop being fun

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I will never stop playing freerolls because I treat poker not as a means of earning money, but as a game for fun, and only thanks to winnings from freerolls can I play for money.

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
That would be stupid it's free money good practice and soooo much fun besides where else can you find a good bingo game these days no skill just play anything you got allin every hand :confused::confused::confused:

The Riff_Raff :cool:

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
micro mtt 500-1000 buy ins
i think so

kkuk

kkuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hi.freerolls are played by those who do not have money,or those who are not sure that they will not lose their money.if a player has a normal bankroll,it is unlikely that they will spend time on freerolls with unpredictable opponents.freerolls are not worth playing for beginners,they pick up bad habits there, for example, go all-in without seeing the flop with an average hand.

felipem29

felipem29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gratitude...

I think that in general, at no time should one stop playing freeroll tournaments, for the simple reason that thanks to these tournaments one could acquire and train their bankroll, and be able to participate in higher buy-in games. And I am sure that some of our future days, we will still have to participate in them when our money pit becomes 0.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

rodo 2285

rodo 2285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think they are good to learn to play, after a time when you have had good results, that would be the time to leave them, I think so

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you all for your comments, advice and opinions. I will have them in mind.

Kind regards from Buenos Aires.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone.

When is the time to hit the jump from freerolls to better quality tournaments?

Humbly I think that the free ones are good to generate bankroll from scratch but on the other hand in them you do not learn to play good poker, on the contrary, I think that the level equals downwards, except of course for the freerolls of my beloved Cardschat .

What do you think ? Is there a certain bankroll to drop the freerolls? How much is it ? $ 100, $ 200, $ 500, $ 1000? Is there a certain time, or is the question personal?

What bankroll do you have to have to play mtt tournaments? I for sits I think they are 200 buy in but perhaps I exaggerate being too conservative. For mtt 500 buy ins will it be ok?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Kind regards from Buenos Aires.

PS: Of course I am thinking about this for later in time since I am still a novice (almost a fish) and anyway I will keep playing the Cardschat freerolls forever because it is so nice to play with friends.

As soon as you can afford it brother, I think it's wise to mix in real buyins with the freerolls.

Once you have $50 playing $0.5-$1 MTTs is a smart play. (while continuing to play freerolls as well). This will help you build your bankroll MUCH FASTER (while still protecting it by playing small buyins).

You should steadily move up as your bankroll allows, the sooner you can get into real money games you can find real money games with money added and the fields are very beatable.

Here's a video on basic bankroll management for MTTs, hope it helps!

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me personally I will never stop playing freerolls because why not have a chance to win big without the risk.

E

emisalvo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my case, I mix freerolls with tournaments that are inexpensive! Being new in poker, freerolls give me the opportunity to gain experience in the game without taking any risk

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Stop Freerolls?

Hi Warrior1961, I believe the answer to your question is dependent on the answer to another question. Are you tired of, or getting burned out on, freerolls?

I have more than enough stakes to not have to play freerolls, so I've eliminated some from my repertoire. For instance, I've eliminated the JP Freerolls. They're really re-buy and add-on tournaments disguised as freerolls anyway. They allow three hours of new registrations and re-buys before it becomes a real tournament. Wasn't enjoying them very much.

Seams the tournaments I consistently place in the coin are the ones I enjoy playing the most. Such as some of the intertops daily tournaments, not that I play them every day, and the Cardschat weekly tournaments at Intertops. I've just recently begun playing in those and haven't placed in the coin yet, but I think I'm going to like them. And I like the ignition $2,500 weekly freeroll, which I've done exceptionally well in even though they typically have almost 3,000 starters.

Hey, if you enjoy them, play them. They definitely can't hurt your bankroll.

Take care

Dkerridge14

Dkerridge14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think playing freerolls can always be an option until you move out of the micros and you feel comfortable that that extra BR bump isn’t doing anymore for you. I mean surely it can never hurt to expose yourself to them extra spots and learn even more ways to exploit them fish and maniacs

noLatenzy

noLatenzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the idea of playing freerolls is to build a bankroll. Once you win some money, then it's better if you start playing micros!

A

abpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From a monetary standpoint? I don't know. But from an emotional standpoint, they're great to have as an option, so you can play sometimes stress free. When you feel like playing, but can't pay full attention, or don't want to lose any money, or don't want to risk possibly ending up in a bad mood.

R

royalflush122096

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even though I love a little bit of money on ACR, I still do participate in freerolls!

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you need screen space for better tournaments on some days then sure, it will really depend on your threshold and how many games you can play at once. There are some days where I will miss a freeroll because I have too many games goin already

xccp

xccp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My choice is to play cheap Spin&Go, Sit'n'Go tournaments, with out freerolls at all or right after my first victory in the free tourney. Even if there' s $1 on the account, it's better than playing freerolls. But if there is no money available to play, then the best solution is not the number of freerolls per day, but their quality. Honestly, I don't find any sense in playing freerolls with more than 1-2k players. It takes too long, and the profit is low.

I've found a solution for myself:
1 streamers. Some of them have closed tournaments with free or low entry. For example PekarStas for GGpoker (Google it)

Some of them you can support by paying part of the buy-in and win a bit of money in case the Streamer gets into prize money (baking). Its not hard to find for some sreamers on Twitch or YouTube.

2 Look for little-known poker rooms with freerolls. A striking example is MoPoClub - you can play 2-3 freerolls a day there. The number of participants has not exceeded 1500 before, now perhaps even less, because players from my country are not allowed to play there, which is at least a third of all players. The first one freeroll is for all registered players, the second one is for those who have made a deposit and thirdone is for those who have reached a certain level of rake. I personally was very lucky to earn there.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly the CC freerolls have value until your buy in is over $10. They usually run about 3-4 hours and pay for a buy in at 2nd. It’s almost like a satellite once you get to a $1,000-$3,000 bankroll. Once your regular buy in is over $25 I’d say it’s not worth your time

M

MoneyMaker4i

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

The idea of ​​freerolls is the chance to build your bankroll. Since you already have a considerable amount, it is more worthwhile to invest your time in computers, in addition to giving more excitement, because in the freerolls we have nothing to lose.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
As the numbers of players on the Cardschat freerolls increase they become less skillful.
These days we are seeing the players with less ability treating our games like the all-in fests found elsewhere.
Personally, I think they ruin the growth in the more serious minded players who finally give up and join in the stupidity.

D

DenGybka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, I think that players who have significant experience in poker need to stop playing freerolls and give a chance to the “young” ones to try this difficult task. If you have the opportunity to play in tournaments with a buy-in, then you can completely forget about freerolls.

nativehero2015

nativehero2015

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
keep bringin them, ill play em

Freeroll Passwords