River Hand Quiz with Collin and Katie: Fold, Call, Or Raise? (VIDEO)

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
[FONT=NotoSans, Lato, arial, sans-serif]1 hand call
2 hand fold
3 hand fold
4 hand raise[/FONT]

Tunkki

Tunkki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would play a bit different the some spots like a different bet sizes and so. But my answers are

#1 Call
#2 Fold
#3 Naah idk you just have to call. I often just check the turn in hands like this. The reason is that if the opponent call the turn it's often 7, A or diamond. We are blocking aces and diamonds and if the river is total blank we could value bet it and if the opponent raise the river after our check it's often easy call. Non-paired boards where is many draws I often bet the turn as well but I think for the board like this it's often check in my gamebook. It's fine when you are as deep but when you are much shorter people should think more about the board and not only the hands and what people often do in videos like this with AQ etc.
#4 I would also raise. Sometimes opponents just donks the nuts like that and he has more T's in the range when call 8bb but the shoving is profitable.

I

Iamfishieee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What the heck.. the video won't load.

I tried in chrome, incognito and even IE and won't load the video.

Can someone post the link?

Ventoman777

Ventoman777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1-AQo Call
2-AQo Fol
3-AJo Call
4-AQs re-raise
Calling is the worst poker action in poker, you should raise or fold more often than call, but you cannot say that any call is bad, because there are many situations in which calling is the only option.

andreigabor

andreigabor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice play, I will play all of them in the same way as you did, so, good luck in the future games!

C

crankmuppet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1 - call ✔️

2 - fold ✔️

3 - fold ❌
I'd interpret his lead out on the river as a value bet, he's got a 7, so I would fold.
4 - raise ❌
I'd raise his river lead out rather than shove here, to maybe 750-900. He might call with the 9 or 3 there. I think there's more value to be gotten with a raise as opposed to a shove.

50% Certified River Decision Maker.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1 hand call
2 hand fold
3 hand fold
4 hand call
A good test, although the criterion for the correct answer in the third hand is somewhat controversial.

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all,

A fun activity here and a good way to see how ones poker skills match up to the masses.

Hand 1 – I would call

A big chance that villain has AT or Axs with a draw that did not hit on the river. I think the chances of a split pot are great since there has been no aggression to make me think otherwise.

Hand 2 – I would fold

I would give this one to villain, although the bet does feel like a bluff or a monster set (888) disguised to look like one. Either way, I do feel uncomfortable not being the aggressor here. On the flop, I would have raised villain’s c-bet to see where I stand in the hand. Now, there is not much to go on here.

Hand 3 – I would fold

It feels as if villain just won the lottery with that bet. From the play, it looks like he was hoping for something or just slow playing a monster flop. Whichever one it is, I would not feel great loosing that much of my stack on a hero call, hoping it is a bluff.

Hand 4 – A small raise

It appears that villain has Ax and is hoping to get a little pay day here. It feels like I have the better kicker and would return the favour of trying to get a little payday. If he re-raises, then I fold L.
I did well with some differences in reasoning. Like my small raise on hand 4 to get paid by villain.

Nice video and good fun. Thanks guys.

BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great video guys and also good to review what other members say they would have done in these hands. It’s all good learning.

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
at first as the kick but high this in my hand and messa with 2 pairs I increase
the second like I missed nothing was right fold
the third only pay the bet but not increase
on Wednesday if my opponent does not increase if I increase the pot

migesan

migesan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1st hand - first thing I would do would raise 3bb, double raise opens the possibility for another player to pay with small cards, in the end I would go all in because it is unlikely that K or J just paid for my raise.

2nh hand-fold, reason, the opponent has raised 2.5bb behind me, probably has strong cards or hit a pair so it's not worth it to play a hand like this.

3rd hand-call, the opponent is in a position to attack, assuming he has hit a big card A with a big kicker or as you can see he has hit three of them.

The 4th hand was again supposed to be a 3bb raise, two opponents in front of us with the same chips as us, attacking an opponent who has twice less chips than us, and the nqa flop should have been raised when you did not play and give it a chance to get him a card on a turn or river.

It is my opinion;)

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is always hard to fold Aces, specially if its kicker is a J+ high, but then again you got to admit defeat if the board structure isn't favorable.

I answered the quiz as you guys did, I also would've called with aces against trip 7s, the rival played it quite good.

GIRFIED

GIRFIED

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion I would play some hands differently -I think the CB on the flop was very big and betting 1/3 is better- but in general if we consider that we are playing vs. recreational our decisions are very simple.

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Let us know how you score if you take the quiz!

These are my test Results

1- AQ: Call
2- AQ: Fold
3- AJ: Call
4- AQ: All in

I think I did great :D because I've been studying a little more an dplaying SNGs I guess that help great video one more time thanks guys!!

I

Iamfishieee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. bb defend range is all pp and Kx and Jx combos.

Flop can be a check depending on villains defend range stats... and if you think you are good on river, then a call is not most +EV... you can actually click it back to make all chops fold. No pp calls, and k or jack will jam so you fold.

2. You neglect to factor in ranges are fare wider since there is an ante... flatting is not best option in that situation imo. That's not tight, that's weak tight.
You allow blinds to complete lots of times also because of the pot odds.

How does a flop call make any sense if you are going to check the turn and fold the river?
You are floating with over cards and you q may not even be good.

If you are going to call the flop why are you checking back the turn when villan checks????
That's auto bet 1/3 pot on turn when they check. What would you do if you had a J there.. you check turn as a trap?
A little inconstant in the logic there if you going to flat pre... way to passive I think

3. Why is flop standard cbet.... what worse hands call?
you have jd... you block lots of diamonds combos that contain Jd.
And for those reasons, river is snap fold.

You opened utg so all Ax is in you range... only a 7x, AT or 55 donks river like that. Your river call efficiency is going to get smashed with these spots if you don't think it through properly and pay off by thinking Ace high can call there.

4. Brah.... this is bad.... "Checking back with show down value"

In #1 you said standard flop c bet and now you say check in this one.... I'm sorry but this makes no sense.

"So many worse hands that are going to call there"....

Are you sure about that??

RIVER JAM IS SUICIDE MISSION!!!!

please tell me what worse hands call you on that board...

you are only getting snapped off better hands and all worse hands snap fold.

Sorry guys, that hand analysis seems a little off....

Poma Lekain

Poma Lekain

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
#1 maybe even fold
#2 fold
#3 i would be scared triple 7, fold
#4 call

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. Call
2. Fold
3. ?? Not able to make up my mind about what to do.
4. Call

So I got 2 out of 4.

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
In the first hand do you think a check back on this board is okay sometimes. With our exact holding we block QT and QJ. I like the call on river

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great video but I think it should have included some range analysis to assist in determining what the next move should be but I agreed with every play except not checking behind on the turn with the AJ. That seemed like a spot with a marginal made hand where a check behind controls the pot and you have a much smaller river bet coming. I know the flop seemed pretty safe but there were a lot of 7's in the BB's range. I know that it is less likely that BB has a 7 because there are 2 on the board but he was calling the flop with something, it would seem like a weaker ace or a diamond draw (which you have a blocker for) and I totally get that you don't want lemike to get there for free. Could you add some discussion on what ranges you have your opponents on in these videos?

Ivansito26

Ivansito26

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

greetings I almost always do the same in these hands since it is better to give strength to the hands .. in the first obvious hand that is call raise 2.5 bet and see how the hand develops .. in the second it is simply automatic fold .. sometimes not all hands can call depending on how many players come in ... but very good video co-con with them a lot ... you learn something and you rectify hands that you did not do before when it is time to call or fold

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4 for 4 all the calls were pretty standard i thought

No1eJoker

No1eJoker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm so curious that many times and when I know I'm worse on the river, I have to call to make sure, and of course I lose. The river has become my nightmare, hahah

Thanks for video!

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1 hand raise
2 hand call
3 hand fold
4 hand raise