River Hand Quiz with Collin and Katie: Fold, Call, Or Raise? (VIDEO)

bigredwolf

bigredwolf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only got 2/4, but I did get the raise right for #4 - bonus point surely?

No way I could call #3, fold all day vs BB with 7s in range. Calls 2 c-bets OOP, then value bets the river? You might want to change that call.

M

Muzyka1996

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I absolutely agree with all actions except AJ. Apparently I would have made a fold there on the river, not a high enough kicker and high risks of losing most of my bank

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most difficult decision of the game, when things are not clear and the player has not yet made a good move, is to know if the opponent is bluffing, or if it is worth persisting in the hand with call, check and fold.

stylebender72

stylebender72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1- I disagree, folding is the best option even if we have no diamond, BB's river donk lead sizing does not generate enough fold equity so he is rarely bluffing and has so many Kx and Jx, plus hero is chopping with Axdd so hero's pot odds are not looking attractive vs this region of BB's range odds became 2.5:1 and not 4:1 anymore, so its a really bad call no matter how good your odds are, the ev of a play is not affected with pot odds as much as it is affected and even defined with the players ranges and the action. this is not a great call not even close to being a good call.
2- at 2:02 its not tight its passive, and we can justify the flat with the fact that we are protecting the weak region our flating range on the button it may affect our 3betting range thats why its not a 100% frequency play. On the river its a clear fold due to the fact that the co still has over pairs in his range he may be thinly value betting a strong 9 and if he is a good player he must have some Jx to protect his line and his turn checking range like JT QJ.. it has nothing to do with odds and blocking QT is almost irrelevant.
3- it's a really terrible cbet, and utg used 1/2 pot? oh god help me finish this. it's not standard. the BB has A LOT of 7x in his range so he needs bluffs to balance his XR range and so he must start check raising aggressively with 89cc for example and 56cc and diamond draws obviously, so hero must do a lot of checking on this texture pot control and protect his checking back range on this flop by checking back some Ax with one diamond like in this case we have Jd..... anyway Im tired of writing and this is frustrating, its okay that a lot of people think they're good but I dont like the fact that...forget about it. On the river hero is blocking a lot of the BB's bluffs with the J of diamonds so its a fold with some reasonable frequency, it was not a good call even if it were +ev it would be almost breaking even. Im tired no more analysis.
4- it was almost a 100% shove preflop and a 100% range cbet using 1/4 pot sizing euuuuhh this is just bad imo no offense.
play with reasonable BRM...lesson learned I will never break my rules again.

Last edited:
Sdub2020

Sdub2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The 3rd one was tricky for some reason I thought it was a bluff. Guess I would have lost that one. The rest were pretty straight forward. Good quiz you should do more like this!

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I always start when I have a good hand, I make a 3-bet, pre-flop. in the first hand, I would definitely double after the river, with a bluff. would double if it were all inn. in the second hand I would give up. on the third hand after the flop I would go all-in. on the fourth hand, if there was a bet after the flop, I would fold. I still have to study a lot.

Eu sempre começo quando tenho uma boa mão, faço uma aposta de 3, pré-flop. na primeira mão, eu definitivamente dobraria depois do river, com um blefe. dobraria se fosse tudo pousada. na segunda mão eu desistiria. na terceira mão depois do flop eu iria all-in. na quarta mão, se houvesse uma aposta após o flop, eu desistiria. Eu ainda tenho que estudar muito.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker