pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I usually don't play rebuy tournaments unless it's a freeroll, but I think it depends on how you've done in the tournament, you should rebuy or not because if when you enter the 1st time it goes wrong, there is no play you win and you see that you don't So there is a way to win so that you can invest more money, but if in a certain way you have done well and you have good feelings, I think it is worth risking and re-enter at least one more time. Of course, I understand that you must have enough bankroll to make a rebuy, you must not be at the limit or something like that

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

i do not rebuy
never
or you get to the end or forget it

rgds

DegenerateSheep

DegenerateSheep

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BE
Chips
I wasn't keen on re-buy tournaments, but I have a tactic that pays off quite a lot. Just before the re-buy period ends some small-stacked hands will be hoping to lose so that they can re-buy, and they go all-in, deliberately, with nothing. Calling their all-in, or going all-in myself if there are mainly small stacks behind me, can get some cheap chips.

I remember it being reported that Daniel Negreanu re-bought something like 17 times in one tourney, and ended up making a profit. I assume he was going all-in against two or more full stacks each time, and had to win only once to triple his own stack.
I think it was the late Layne Flack, who fired 17 bullets in 1 tournament and ended up winning the bracelet in the end. It caused a controversy because it just looked as if "pro's could just buy themselves a bracelet". I think soon after they started experimenting with an upper limit for the number of rebuys, as to avoid this in the future :)

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think a lot of it depends on your bankroll and how many blinds you get for the rebuy!!!

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually only do this at the beginning when the blades are small. Then, with larger blades, it's hard to increase the stack. We can only hope for being all-in.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hello:)
If we re-buys at the beginning of the tournament whether "slow" or turbo, that's okay, and we might win too, but if the blind goes up x10 or more, it's a mistake and we might call it badbeat.

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I mean it all comes down to the style of tournament that you are in.
For the games I play I keep close tabs on the folks who are re-entering the game for a second or third time (some sites show you who has re-entered and how many times). For those that do re-enter the game multiple times, they very seldom make enough money to cover their multiple buy ins. I mean some do occasionally but for the most part the huge majority do not.

As a side note, I have seen WAY to often the same people making absolute huge bets when the pot has grown a fair bit, just to try and steal these big pots and try to get a large early lead and if that fails they simply re-enter the game again....... So take notes on these folks and try to beat them early on with a decent hand.

Me personally I almost never re-enter a tournament once I am out. I do recall doing it once though when the late registration period was just ending. Simple because I just wanted to keep playing a little longer and it was a great tournament..... I think I made the money on that game..... HAHA

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on how many bb left would you have after making the rebuy and also how many chips will you have after making the add on when the rebuy period ends. in some tournament you can add on 50000 chips and only rebuy for 5000 chips so if you are close to the add on then its a good strategy to rebuy so you can later add on and have almost an average stack for the rest of the tournament.

Fabriart

Fabriart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I didn't like re-buy tournaments, but I have a tactic that pays off a lot. Shortly before the repurchase period ends, some small hands expect to lose so that they can buy back, and they go all-in, deliberately, with nothing. Paying for their all-in, or going all-in myself if there are mostly small stacks behind me, can get you some cheap chips.

I remember it being reported that Daniel Negreanu bought something like 17 times in a tournament and ended up profiting. I assume he was going all-in against two or more full stacks at a time, and he had to win just once to triple his own stack.
Interesting strategy... I'm going to test it!

Fabriart

Fabriart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
depends on how many bb are left after rebuying and also on how many chips you will have after adding on when the rebuy period ends. In some tournaments, you can add 50,000 chips and buy back just 5,000 chips;
There are poker teams that only play tournaments with add on... Then the players enter very close to the end of registration!

Fabriart

Fabriart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I mean, it all comes down to the tournament style you're in.
In the games I play, I closely follow the people who are re-entering the game for the second or third time (some sites show who has re-entered the game and how many times). For those who return to the game multiple times, they rarely make enough money to cover their various buy-ins. I mean, some do it occasionally, but most of the time the vast majority don't.

As a side note, I have often seen the same people placing huge bets when the pot grew a bit, just to try to steal those big pots and try to get a big head start and, if that fails, they just come back - enter the game again... So take notes about these people and try to beat them at the start with a decent hand.

Personally, I hardly ever re-enter a tournament after I leave. I remember doing this once, when the late registration period was running out. Simple because I just wanted to keep playing a little longer and it was a great tournament... I think I made money with that game... HAHA
I'm also not very fond of repurchases, but I'm not sure if not doing so is profitable!

aurora1207

aurora1207

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Re-buys is not a bad idea, it's an opportunity to enter the tournament again but I think it's the game strategy that will change because the stack changes.

If the blinds increase and the new stack is low, pay attention to the new starting stack and if necessary use the push or fold table.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I think 1 rebuy is still okay, because you might run into a bad beat. But I don't like unlimited rebuy tournaments because a lot of players feel like on a freeroll. As if there is no stake in the whole thing and they go all-in with all hands.

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I rarely re-buy. I prefer to play from the beginning

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, the tournaments with rebuys this is more for the recreational players... No offense! Or, if this the expensive tournaments,
for players with the big bankrolls! But this is only my private opinion.

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In a rebuy tournament, the amount of money to invest must be predetermined. From the beginning, you have to establish how much cost you will take and play strategically accordingly.

ElScorcho008

ElScorcho008

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I personally never rebuy, and I am always shocked to see people with 6+ rebuys in some of the low cost tourneys I go into. That being said, I have seen those people with 6 rebuys make the final table.

23maxim88

23maxim88

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You can make it once, especially at the beginning of a tournament, but it's better not to make them at all if the tournament offers an add-on. It's better to buy the add-on.

exer888

exer888

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
I hate rebuy tournaments, and i play those only with 1 bullet. I would recommended you a 1x re-entry type of tournaments if you get unlucky you can get it in with one more bullet. But at the end freezeout tournaments are the best type for calm gameplay.

MrCryJoker

MrCryJoker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It's up to everyone, it all depends on how many BBs you get after a rebuy, whether it makes sense in terms of the stack you get. There are very good options for adon, I think it's worth it.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like re-buy mtts.

I always late register at the last minute, take the re-buy, then take the add-on.

depending on structure, I can easily be sitting on 35+ bbs in the late stages of an mtt with 60-75% of the field gone, playing for a bloated prize pool thanks to all the re-buys. I basically let people do all the dirty work, then give myself a huge chance to win it because I have to get through fewer players.

another good thing about re-buy mtts is that it's better for your overall roi because you usually only pay rake once, depending on site. compared to re-entry mtts, where you pay the rake each time you buy-in.

using my buy-in / re-buy/ add-on strategy above, I'm only paying the initial buy in rake. so, if it's a $1 + .10 buy-in, I'm paying $3 + .10 in total. if I played a re-entry mtt and re-entered 3x, I'm paying $3 + .30 in total. let's say i cash for $10 in each game. this gives me an roi of 222.5% for the re-buy and 203% for the re-entry.

at the same time, my chances of running deep are going to be in the re-buy mtt with a larger starting stack compared to the re-entry. even if I buy-in only once into the re-entry, I either have to get through more opponents or I buy late with a much smaller starting stack. so, I spend less on the buy-in, but odds of running deep are worse.

you do need a much bigger bankroll to fund re-buy mtts and whatever your stop-loss point is.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't choose to rebuy in a tournament with buy in. I don't want to double my investment. Sometimes I rebuy in freerolls with a small rebuy.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys

Could you give me some tips on re-buys, if it's worth doing and when?

Thanks in advance!
Well it depends : If you play a micro stakes MTT it can be profitable to make a rebuy as soon as you have less than the starting stack. So you can play with a comfortable stack. But personally I don't like those rebuy MTT. A lot of players shove with bs during the rebuy period and it looks more like gamble than like poker.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I have always been a bit against rebuys, but lately I have played micro tournaments in ACR and I have rebuyed but only because I felt very confident in my game, fortunately it can be said that it has turned out very well for me to continue playing that tournament, As the tournament that I play is slow and they give 100k in chips, I feel that if the registration is about to close it is not good to make rebuys, it is very risky, usually I register in the middle of the tournament and if they eliminate me a little quickly I do the rebuy

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you are close to the prizes, sometimes the rebuy pays off. It all depends on the specific situation.