Fabriart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi guys

Could you give me some tips on re-buys, if it's worth doing and when?

Thanks in advance!

Kerasuss28

Kerasuss28

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
If you close to bubble you Can do it if the stack is 15blinds +
or early in tournament you can buy in 1 or 2 times ,,
3+ rebuys is toomuch I think.
good luck🍀🍀

Fabriart

Fabriart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you close to bubble you Can do it if the stack is 15blinds +
or early in tournament you can buy in 1 or 2 times ,,
3+ rebuys is toomuch I think.
good luck🍀🍀
Thanks for the answer... I'll test to see if I can get good results!

Ataman911

Ataman911

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
So I agree at the beginning you can make repurchase, but in the end it is not very)))
Tai 3 rebuy it 🤮

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play those free $2.20 ACR "freerolls" one may be ok if you can make it to the min cash.
In KO and PKO tournaments one may also be ok, the problem there is the timimng, in my opiniomn the late registration phase is too long.
This leads to people buying in at the 20 bb or less time and they play it like a freeroll (buy ins $2.20 and below). ICM wise they make no big mistake if they push about nearly any two( even trash like 94, T5, 83, 72 ), but it's annoying for people that played from the start.
More than 2 rebuys are not really of any sense.
That's my opinion.

Fabriart

Fabriart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you play those free $2.20 ACR "freerolls" one may be ok if you can make it to the min cash.
In KO and PKO tournaments one may also be ok, the problem there is the timimng, in my opiniomn the late registration phase is too long.
This leads to people buying in at the 20 bb or less time and they play it like a freeroll (buy ins $2.20 and below). ICM wise they make no big mistake if they push about nearly any two( even trash like 94, T5, 83, 72 ), but it's annoying for people that played from the start.
More than 2 rebuys are not really of any sense.
That's my opinion.
This question is very complex for me.

ednaroza

ednaroza

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I think there are multiple factors to consider - such as your chip stack, the tournament structure, your bankroll, and the potential for a profitable outcome. And you should evaluate these aspects carefully to determine if a re-buy is worth it in a particular tournament.
Be careful not to make re-buys based solely on frustration or the desire to recoup losses quickly, because then you might end up with stack of < 15BB, which I believe is not ideal as there are not particularly good chances to continue much longer.

markdias

markdias

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm against re-buying, I don't know, maybe at the beginning of a tournament it might be worth it, but the more time the blinds increase, it's not worth it, and even more so when the guy loses everything with a bad beat, the better it is put it aside!

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My advice would be to play only freezeouts, failing that generally not to rebuy although with these extended late registration periods that can be difficult.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi guys

Could you give me some tips on re-buys, if it's worth doing and when?

Thanks in advance!

It depends on, How deep in the Tournament you are, How close to the Bubble you are, But mainly how you feel you are playing, If you just went out on an unfortunate bad beat and the Re-buy is Within your Budget then I would do it. but if you are not on Top form and you are beginning to get Tired, Then I would give it up and try again tomorrow.
I have Re-bought into some Tournaments Live and On-line and have had some Great results, but If your Re-buy is only going to give you less than 10 BBs I wouldn't bother, as every hand would have to be Shove or Fold.
It's not impossible, but very risky, I once re-bought in a Live game with only 5 BBs and was dealt Pocket Aces on the First hand UTG. I limped in hoping someone would raise, and when they did I moved All-in and Doubled up, then managed another Double up on the very next hand with another Pocket pair,
So the Poker Gods must have been smiling on me,
In an On-line Free-roll I was playing on pokerstars. I actually laddered up in the Pay table as many of the other players couldn't afford to re-buy or add-on and I made the money with one Re-buy, So you really have to look at your options and decide for yourself, whether it is worth doing.
Good Luck!

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Well... In last time I try NOT to re-buy. I search for my chance to grow my stack. It's not easy, but there are many players who make re-buys couple of times, and I think sometimes you can find right moment to grow. If not...there are next freerolls, centrolls and other tournaments to try and to learn.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Re-buys is very common in early stages of the tournament. As the blind level goes up, one needs to consider minimum stack size that can give them a good chance of making money.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depending on the tournament but rebuys can be very useful especially in high guarantee prize money events. Obv poker variance can be difficult so having the ability to take a couple tries to amass a chip stack during registration can be invaluable. Rebuys allows us to regain entry and possibly make some calls or plays that we may not be comfortable with during a entry freeze out. Try to have a stop loss amount of entries willing to fire. I try to set a maximum number and stick with it. Simply firing bullet after bullet is financially unwise. You don’t want to fire too many entries where you need to final table or podium to make a profit.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if you were eliminated at the beginning of the tournament and you were just unlucky, then you need to re-enter if finances allow, of course, if you are already out in the middle of the game, you can think if there is 25bb or more, of course, you can go in and play try your luck, but below I think it's not worth 3 entry I think it's stupid already

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I would prefer that this alternative of re-registering in the game no longer exists...you played, you lost, you left!!

M

mrfastflow

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bounty tournament not worth because some money never back to prize pool
Addon tournament when addon is bigger than starting stack and cost same - worth

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all do you mean rebuy or reenter? Rebuy means, you keep your seat and basically just reload or top up, like you would in a cash game. This is mainly possible in tournaments, which also have an add-on, and are therefore called "R+A" (Rebuy + Add-on). These tournaments require a special strategy. But I sense, you are not talking about those but about normal tournaments, so I wont go into that.

Most online tournaments these days offer the option to reenter. Which basically mean, you play the same tournament again, just like someone who register late. You are placed at a random table, and you can only reenter, once you lost all your chips. Whereas you can usually rebuy, when you are below the starting stack, again just like in a cash game.

And since reentering is just the same as late registering, there is no specific strategy for it. If you just started the session and would chose to late register for that particular tournament, then there is no reason, why you should not reenter. But if you would not late register, there is no reason, why you should reenter either. Or in other words, what you are actually asking, is, when you should late register to a tournament.

And this is a very individual question. It depends on your playing style, your goals and what other tournaments are available. If a more attractive tournament will begin in 10 minutes, maybe its better to wait for that. Moreover its usually best to avoid registering to late to PKOs, because as soon as players are knocked out, some of the price money is already distributed. So the first general rule is to pick regular MTTs over PKOs, if you want to late register rather than wait for the next tournament.

The next consideration is, how far the tournament has progressed. If it began 14 minutes ago and have 2 hours of late registration, then its essentially the same as showing up on time. But if the starting stack is only 10-15BB, chances are, you wont be playing more than a hand or two, unless you get lucky. So unless there is an overlay, its usually best to avoid entering a tournament at the last moment. Many good players use something like 30BB as their cut-off level.

K

Kurchina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BA
Chips
Personally, I almost never rebuy. Add-ons are often worth it though.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you do not do rebuys and addons, then you get the opportunity to win big money for a smaller buy-in.

ms_attack

ms_attack

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I am generally against re-buys. I think that players are tempted to play bad hands because they can buy in again at any time. Especially at the end of the late registration it's like a freeroll and it's easy to have a bad beat in this phase. That's why I think the classic tournaments are nicer and I think out is out and you think about whether you call an all in with 82o or go all in with such a hand.

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have done many rebuys in those ACR special freerolls where the 1st entry is free but rebuys cost $2.20 . The field plays so poorly i think getting back in has good value .If you jump in really late you dont have much time before you have to shove and pray though !

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It depends on the tournament payout/guarantee, imo.
If you're confident in your game and understand the frick-n-frack relationship between poker players and their money I see no reason to not play in them. When I played online at Lock/intertops most of the tourneys there were rb/ao's. I usually waited for about 3 blinds or so before I'd enter. I bought in for the double starting stack and the add-on at break.
At BetOnline I play in the $500 GTD for $1 and it's a rb/ao trny. It's a fun little trny.
The only rb/ao live game I play is a $15K GTD for $30. I know, right! Hell yeah. Too bad I missed it last night. Anyway, I usually wait until about 30 mins or less until break and buy in for a full-rebuy of $100 for 50K chips. Then I get the full add-on for another $100/50K chips. Also they have a dealer appreciation bonus-buy of 5K chips for $5 w/a full rb or ao. This on top of the 15K starting stack gives you a chip-stack of 145K. I've only tried to play on the initial buy-in once and I didn't do well. I came to the conclusion that I need a decent starting stack. I'm gonna have to try it again, though.

Here's a link: https://thelodgepokerclub.com/event...ll/?event_rdate=20230613191500,20230613211500

So yeah, they can be worth it.

M

Macaroon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I wasn't keen on re-buy tournaments, but I have a tactic that pays off quite a lot. Just before the re-buy period ends some small-stacked hands will be hoping to lose so that they can re-buy, and they go all-in, deliberately, with nothing. Calling their all-in, or going all-in myself if there are mainly small stacks behind me, can get some cheap chips.

I remember it being reported that Daniel Negreanu re-bought something like 17 times in one tourney, and ended up making a profit. I assume he was going all-in against two or more full stacks each time, and had to win only once to triple his own stack.

serj537

serj537

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
Sometimes it's worth it. But I rarely make rebeys myself.