Playing freerolls - does it make sense?

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes! I play freeroll tournaments and I tell you it's possible to make a bankroll, but it takes a lot of patience and time. It's important that you do not give up when you do not, but you will definitely succeed in achieving a positive and great success after a while. Just be persistent and you will succeed. I have entered more than 20 times in the freeroll tournament prize and I am satisfied. Good luck !

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like free rolls, you cant loos any money and can gain a lot.
One sunday evening i played 6 freerolls an won $ 8,00.
Is it a wast of time? Not for me.

My biggest win was wen i won $ 20 on the CC freeroll.:)

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. I play on partypoker and have a question. Is playing freerolls make sense? Yes I can win free money, but in freerolls there are 1000+ players. Do you play freerolls? Is it good way to build bankroll or only timewaste?

Yes, it makes sense to play freerolls. But it depends on what you want to do with winnings from freerolls.

I play with 888 poker. For the last 8 or 9 months i am dependent on freerolls. I don't play to build a big bankroll. I just withdraw when i get ten dollars (the minimum amount that can be withdrawn). Why should i try to build bankroll if i can get what i want from the freerolls?

Every day i start with zero balance. My target is to get $10/- everyday. I don't reach my target every day. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 days. But that is the way i am playing now.

Fortunately, 888 Poker offers lot of freerolls everyday. I am at level 92 now and i enjoy following freerolls:
$8000/- level 80 (once monthly)
$6000/- level 60 (once monthly)
$4000/ level 50 (once weekly)
$2000/- level 40 (once weekly)
$1000/- level 30 (twice weekly)
$500/- level 20 (twice weekly)
$200/- level 10 (twice weekly)
$50/- level 5 (every day)
$20/- anybody can play (thrice daily)

In addition to these i can participate in other daily promotional freerolls
$1500/- everyday twice
$3000/- to a maximum of $20,000 (everyday twice)

There are other freerolls from various forums also.

zippaya

zippaya

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course it makes sense! All you need to do is to survive first 15 minutes of all in's :). After that, the situation cleans up and the game becomes slightly more serious! After all, why not take some free money to invest in the tournament!

12345djon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, it makes sense to play freerolls, I only play freerolls and I like to play them.

M

Matteobvb83

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for a bad player like me freeroll is a way for win some money and lost less in a mounth....but i think is important to chose right freeroll ...less people possible if przepool is 50/100 $ max 500/1000 players

P

PokerDev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually learned a ton while playing 300 freerolls.

It got so that I could make several final tables per day on ACR.

After that I took my skills to live and have won 2/5 tourneys that I have played in for about a 600pct ROI

X

xbursonicx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've played freerolls on partypoker but there is not regular (like everyday) freerolls left there except for "Cardmates". As for the latter I played them several times, and each time I vowed to never play them again. It's not that they are bad - they are just really long, even getting ITM takes like 3 hours. And I don't have amount of time to spend. But they are a good way to feel what a real tourney is like; considering they offer reasonable prizes you should definitely play them (assuming you have enough free time to spend).

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMHO Freerolls

IMHO, I think they are great to get your skills up for free and to get a feel for how it will be in the real game when you pay moneys to do it!

Now there are some that say freerolls are a waste, if you have the money to learn whle playinmg then that great, at least do it at the small levels frist befiore heading to the larger buyins.

You know there are some million dollar pros that played freerolls and some still do, all freerolls may not be for just $10 or $250, some are for $1,0000.00 buy in's to some million guarnteed steaks.

But if you are tired of the junk players and the loose maniac's then stop plahying, as far as I can tell they are at every level contrary to what people say, they are even wsop pro's, that call raises with 89s and if they hit the pot will be in it to win it and suck out. Some that make their living doing exactly that. The amount of bluffing that goes on, is so rediculas. But you have to give them credit because they know when to do it and when not to, and not just in live games either, we have online tells as well and they have software that helps them mark our tells.

So just enjoy the game and beat whatever level you can before moving up to the next, because they just get more sophisticated and do not play one style of poker at all.

It's hard in the poker yard!

Hi. I play on partypoker and have a question. Is playing freerolls make sense? Yes I can win free money, but in freerolls there are 1000+ players. Do you play freerolls? Is it good way to build bankroll or only timewaste?

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
For players who do not want to deposit any money, freerolls is a way
to get a bankroll.

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try your hand at the club freeroll. Try to accumulate a bankroll that would not depend on the freerolls.

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This seems to be the only reasonable option -->
To play in cardchat freerolls there is a sense in which you can build up a bankroll. About other in which 10,000 + participants is a waste of time.
and here's some statistics -->
https://www.cardschat.com/leaderboard.php?do=freeroll_winning_us_sites&year=2019&month=April
https://www.cardschat.com/leaderboard.php?do=freeroll_winning_nonus_sites

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the freeroll some are a waste of time your best bed would be play the Cardschat freerolls.:):):)

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes you can build bankroll by playing freerolls, cardschat's are the most effecient one.

CTAPYXA

CTAPYXA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In freerolls we learn the game. Build bankroll for more massive games. You should not immediately lose money. Patience and only patience. This is my personal opinion.

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good training base. and the opportunity to win money with no deposit. I play and I like it.

U

urachicho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should play freerolls whether you have 0$ in your balance or 5000$, it's literally free money, yes it can take some time, you don't have to play it seriously, if you're broke you might want to, if you have money & don't need to win it, you can have some fun shoving AT+(s/o) or any pair & see if you're lucky or not.

phantomjiujitsu

phantomjiujitsu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love playing freerolls. Beating the field feels so good when there are 1000+

Freeroll Passwords