Playing freerolls - does it make sense?

X

xx02pl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. I play on partypoker and have a question. Is playing freerolls make sense? Yes I can win free money, but in freerolls there are 1000+ players. Do you play freerolls? Is it good way to build bankroll or only timewaste?

Erzsicica

Erzsicica

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if you beginner and havent money the freeroll is ok. You not lose yor money, but sometimes hard. Many people make all on every time. I dont think is good for to learner, because cannot learn any strategy. The people go all on every time, if lucky won, if not is not problem later try again.I better like to play carefully. :)

X

xx02pl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if you beginner and havent money the freeroll is ok. You not lose yor money, but sometimes hard. Many people make all on every time. I dont think is good for to learner, because cannot learn any strategy. The people go all on every time, if lucky won, if not is not problem later try again.I better like to play carefully. :)
Thanks for reply :) Ofc in freerolls a lot of people go all in every hand and play crazy, so play in freeroll is much different than play "normal" mtt. Imo freeroll with less than 300 people is quite good to play. But that 1000+ fields, like jackpot tourneys etc. isnt as good

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think freerolls are a good way to build a first bankroll.

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A few years ago I get some money with freerolls and started playing money, but withdraw all the money and stop with poker for a while. Now I restart with freerolls.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you need to look at what "value" the freeroll offers ie if there are 1000 players with a prize pool of $5 then skip it, but if its 300 players for $1000 then play it.

D

DenizR95

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Before there has freeroll on pokerstars "PokerSchoolOpen Skill League" wich offers 10$ prizepool, One time i got first place from 9000+ players wich was 2.94$ , and once second place from 10 000 players wich was 1.50$ and i was joining in to top 90 evryday for 0.10$. So you can farm some money and start play with real money.

P

pecam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. I play on partypoker and have a question. Is playing freerolls make sense? Yes I can win free money, but in freerolls there are 1000+ players. Do you play freerolls? Is it good way to build bankroll or only timewaste?
it's a good idea to play it if you begin. You begin to understand how to play poker, you can win a little bit money and you don't spend money when you will loose it because you arent a good player at now

P

pecam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can play this freeroll in add of little tournament to play more tables at the same time

BHowell44

BHowell44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in all I believe freerolls are great to play just to gain more experience in general although it is not the same as when real money is on the line of course because there's always the people that don't care and go all in with any 2 cards because it is a freeroll. If anything it's a great time passer too and maybe you can get lucky and win a few bucks!

P

PeedroZack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it's a good way to build your bankroll and learn more, beacuse if you dedicate some time to study, you can increase your results in the freerolls ;)

C

crisco609

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It also depends alot on the prize pool and the registered players. I have a decent bankroll so I don't play those $10 freeroll which have 700+ players and only the top 10 get paid (and not paid much). However if you look at freerolls like the cardschat daily freerolls with $100 prize pools and only like 100-150 players I'll still play those anytime. It's a decent prize pool, and also decent registered players that are fun to play with where it's not necessarily a shove fest. So when you say - "Are they worth it?" that is why my answer would be "Depends".

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm building bankroll from freerolls and learning.
1 thing I learnt in the last year:
Don't think play gets easier when buy-in goes up.
In freerolls there are lots of people giving you many chips for free.
Check out the cc freeroll club (active cc member with enough qaulity post can request membership), AFAIK these are the only freerolls with small field (<200), decent pay structure (itm @ 45), lowest pay 0.50$, highest 20$, and lst but not least: hardy ever any all-in monkeys and idiots.
These games you can learn for free and get some money (from time to time, even with very limited skills like me:D)

M

Mateusss0617

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am usually only playing freerolls after i havent played for a while to practise a bit.

D

demios

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The way people play in freerolls differs from real money tournaments. So you have to adjust when moving up to bigger games. But I think its good if you want to learn the basics of the game.

H

have

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all

all is the way you look at it some trying to make money at it . some just to kill time. some to learn the way cards fall. some just to see what you can get by with . some just to upset . some just for fun some just for the challenge all depends on price .range momentum
havefunAA

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
free are always a good way to make bankroll, I will never see them as a waste of time, if it is true that the free register more than 1000 people, but although very few players play well let's say they can learn something

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
free

Hi there. I think freeroll can make sense.From 0 bankroll you can make some amount without any risk .It is very value profit ...using 0 risk to earn money why not make a good bankroll of 100$ starting from zero .

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is an opportunity to create a bankroll and the opportunity to learn how to play poker)))
:joyman:

D

diegofeijo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think is a good way to begin with poker and try bankrool for micro stakes. I come to this forum because i see the freerool on Pokerstars.

And now i see have more them the freerool here.

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think freerolls do have some merit, though I have stopped playing the $10 freerolls where I can only win 50 cents (a big investment in time for too little value).

There are a lot of all-ins early in freerolls, but this is actually good practice for teaching patience. Yes there will be lots of suckouts and when 6 people are seeing a flop, you have to assume that someone always catches something. Micro-stakes online is very similar because folks playing for $1.00 have a lot of the same tendencies. Either way, it is always good to know how to play against any table dynamic that comes your way, whether it be live or online, free or not.

The allin folks in freerolls, are using different logic than aggressive bluffers, but the result to you is the same - do I call or do I fold? The logic of an allin freeroller is that he is just hoping to hit a flop or two and double or triple up. The logic of an aggressive bluffer is to get you to fold the best hand. Either way you are faced with the same decision (call/fold), so any practice working through this is good.

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I don't play freerolls with bad field. I like playing CardsChat freerolls from freerolls club, becouse many good freerolls with good field, maksimum to 200 players. I'm also looking for interesting promotions and free tournaments for new players or very good promotions on various poker rooms. For me only freerolls are good with good field. I won from all good freerolls with good field, freerolls from new players, from deposit and others good free promotions total about $4000 for free and instant bonus $1000 from mega bonus next deposit. Playing free low-value tournaments with thousands of players is a waste of time and a frequent mistake for new players. It's better to look for interesting promotions and very good free tournaments with good field, example CardsChat freerolls from 25+ or from club.

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

freerolls are fantastic to learn how to play poker. Playing against a lot of players does get easier. Freerolls teach you patience. A lot of players use freerolls to build their bank roll.

L

Luis Rodriguez

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls = free money.:)
Always good to in loose :( in the cash games like me, jeje.:D

But yes I thing they are good,
It helps to think faster = make faster decisions:confused:
Even if you lose some times to super aggressive players.;)

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it makes sense if you're new or you're still building your bank roll. Their are actually quite a few free rolls that match $1 $2 $3 buy-in's so it's smart to keep a look out.

Freeroll Passwords