Playing freerolls - does it make sense?

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's thanks to the freerolls that I learned to play, and when you like to play poker, freeroll or money, its just a pleasure :icon_flow

M

MASURON2KE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are good way to make you bankroll for free if you are beginner.Also you can practise and make exspiriance for free.And from time to time you will run into some better freerolls with bigger pricepoll and with less players.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi. I play on partypoker and have a question. Is playing freerolls make sense? Yes I can win free money, but in freerolls there are 1000+ players. Do you play freerolls? Is it good way to build bankroll or only timewaste?
Won a $215 ticket on uk and ireland partypoker facebook recently and cashed for $590 in powerfest 44 game.
Screenshots put in my sunday million thread.
Ran bankrolls from o to $500 or over a $1000 more times than I can remember over the years.:)
Depositing lot easier though of course.:top:

Erzsicica

Erzsicica

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, the freerolls good to make rolls and make practice, but different as real money plays. Many people play only all in in first few round. Many people only registered and dont play. :(

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
free are always important and more if you are starting in poker, to build bank from scratch, I think even if you are not new are important, I think it can give stability to the bank, and they always learn, so the players are very crazy or very bad at playing, there are very few people who take seriously the free

Gyry

Gyry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls is good for start. ofcourse you can make your first bankroll from it. i often play freerolls and take some money from freerolls, and no risk for you when you play. but maybe need some more luck for this type of game))) good luck

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play freerolls with bad field. I like playing CardsChat freerolls from freerolls club, becouse many good freerolls with good field, maksimum to 200 players. I'm also looking for interesting promotions and free tournaments for new players or very good promotions on various poker rooms. For me only freerolls are good with good field. I won from all good freerolls with good field, freerolls from new players, from deposit and others good free promotions total about $4000 for free and instant bonus $1000 from mega bonus next deposit. Playing free low-value tournaments with thousands of players is a waste of time and a frequent mistake for new players. It's better to look for interesting promotions and very good free tournaments with good field, example CardsChat freerolls from 25+ or from club.

How can playing in a free tournament be a mistake? I have won prizes many times in these very large field freerolls. If you play an overly aggressive style then of course you will not do very good in the large freerolls because you will be called down much lighter then in small fields with better competitors. This is a great place to learn to play a solid game, you must adjust to the players at the table constantly and it is very possible to get to the final table. Playing a large freeroll is not a mistake, I have learned very much from these tournaments and have made a bankroll from playing them. I am new player and I do not feel at all like I have been wasting my time.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi. I play on partypoker and have a question. Is playing freerolls make sense? Yes I can win free money, but in freerolls there are 1000+ players. Do you play freerolls? Is it good way to build bankroll or only timewaste?

It depends.

Are you playing poker for fun or for profit?

If your bankroll is 1,000 euro then a freeroll that you can only win 1 euro after 5 hours of play - may not make sense for you.

If your entire bankroll is 20 euro then a freeroll makes sense.

Good luck !

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pluses 1. Practice without risk Many beginners do not want to spend the money for a game in poker. Frirolla allow them to get acquainted with poker online without risk. To sit at a table, to press buttons, to feel satisfaction from the first won distributions. Besides, it is an opportunity to get the first experience of a poker tournament game. 2. First money Despite a huge number of participants to earn a little money in frirolla it is quite real. The first prizes can be used in a cache games and for participation in the real tournaments. Thus, frirolla can become the beginning of poker career for those who do not want to invest money in a game. Minuses 1. Inadequate rivals As well as all free, poker frirolla collect a huge number of persons interested. These people are not familiar with game mechanics, do not know about the strategy of poker, even understand rules badly. Situations when at the beginning of the game at once several players go for broke without everyone on that the reasons are frequent. Whether it is worth saying that a normal game with such rivals will not turn out? 2. Deterioration in skills It is senseless to use policy strokes in frirolla. This worst place for a training of the skills. Moreover, it is possible to get used to play too carefully or too aggressively that inadmissibly in a cache games. 3. Time Frirolla last long very much. When 5000-6000 people fight for prize fund in $100, it is necessary to spend not one hour that though to win something. Besides, this absolutely useless time most of which part you drop cards. It is offensive to stay in the afternoon for frirollam and to win couple of dollars. It is even more offensive to spend in the afternoon and not to win anything. As a result, frirolla though help the beginner to feel taste of the real game and to earn the first money, but also can take away a heap of free time and invaluable nervous cages. So to decide to play to you or not...

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
How can playing in a free tournament be a mistake? I have won prizes many times in these very large field freerolls. If you play an overly aggressive style then of course you will not do very good in the large freerolls because you will be called down much lighter then in small fields with better competitors. This is a great place to learn to play a solid game, you must adjust to the players at the table constantly and it is very possible to get to the final table. Playing a large freeroll is not a mistake, I have learned very much from these tournaments and have made a bankroll from playing them. I am new player and I do not feel at all like I have been wasting my time.
It all depends on how much you value the value of your time. Playing freerolls with a nasty field of over a thousand players and a low payout structure is a waste of time for me. For me, it is better to allocate this time to family or friends. As for me it is a waste of time and time can't be bought! After when we play freerolls with nasty field, we can learn more bad habits and wrong mindset.

Everyone has a choice of what he does with his time. If someone feels happy playing a few hours for a few cents, it makes sense. If I play freerolls, I prefer only free tournaments with a good field example CardsChat freerolls to clubbers. Here field is very good, average 150 players. More players with logical thinking play in these tournaments. The average expected value of free buy-in from these tournaments is a few dollars and not a few cents. These tournaments, for example on Saturdays and Sundays on PartyPoker, also open the way to participate in tournaments with buy-in ($22, $109) in which we would not always play because of the bankroll.

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pluses 1. The practician without risk many beginners do not want to spend money for a game in poker. Frirolla allows them to get acquainted with poker online without risk. To sit at a table, to press the buttons, to feel satisfaction from the first won distributions. Besides, it is an opportunity to get the first experience of a game in poker. 2. The first money, despite a huge number of participants to earn a little money in frirolla it is quite real. The first prizes can be used in a cache games and for participation in real tournaments. Thus, frirolla can become the beginning of poker career for those who do not want to invest money in a game. Minuses 1. Inadequate rivals, as well as everything is free, in poker of a friroll collect a huge number of persons interested. These people are not familiar with game mechanics, do not know about the strategy of poker, even badly understand rules. Situations when at the beginning of the game at once several players are ruined without everyones on that the reasons are frequent. Whether it is worth saying that a normal game with such rivals will not turn out? 2. Deterioration in skills is senseless to use political strokes in frirolla. This worst place for a training of the skills. Moreover, it is possible to get used to play too carefully or too aggressively that inadmissibly in a cache games. 3. Friroll's time last long very much. When 5000-6000 people fight for prize fund in $100, it is necessary to spend not one hour that though to win something. Besides, this absolutely useless time, the majority of which you throw cards. It is offensive to remain in the second half of day for frirollam and to win couple of dollars. To carry out in the afternoon even more offensively and to win nothing. As a result, the frirolla though helps the beginner to feel taste of the real game and to earn the first money, but also can take away a heap of free time and invaluable nervous cages. So to decide to play to you or not.

DomGov

DomGov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My years of grinding freerolls initially; is what helped to foster the stamina and patience I know have in my game. Quite frankly; Freeroll minefields are harder to beat than most $22 Tournaments Online or $100 Tournaments live.

They are very very good for training you in those aspects. Don't let anyone tell you they aren't worthwhile :), that's a long-term, important strength to have if you wish to be a profitable tournament player.

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I agree with this, especially since many players play freerolls, and most of these players play inadequately and turn the game into roulette. But the plus is that you do not spend your own money and you can win these funds for free. In my opinion, you need to play tournaments with a buy-in to improve your skills, to practice constantly.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I've deposited a lot at the beginning ... and I lost a lot of money for not knowing how the mechanism of poker works .... I think it makes sense to play freeroll yes these days freerols game and I have a small bank because of this ... if to play correctly you may even suffer from variance but in the long run and always profitable.

veritasi

veritasi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of course freeroll it's good, my biggest win in freeroll was 300$:D

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls can mean a big time investment for very little payoff. However there many types. Some freerolls can be a bonus playing from a real tournament. 888 poker went through a phase of freerolls with a $10,000 prizepool you would get a ticket for if you won a hand in a paid tournament with a royal pair. This is great value. Then I have been in freerolls with 797 with only 15 $1 seat which was really a waste of time. However still stops you getting rusty! And if you do not mind the time costs you nothing.

T

ThinkIllcallUwitha5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good to learn without losing money (except the early play is not realistic). Which is where I'm at now, just learning how to play and take bad beats and stick to a strategy even when bored.

To build a bankroll, it's not a good strategy, as you're trading precious hours of your life for pennies. At your job you earn hundreds of times that rate, probably.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find playing in freeroll is a cheap way to develop your strategy. The only thing you invest is your time. People play a little different when there is no out of pocket money invested. But all the basics are still there. You have to be patient either way.

J

jospel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes

It is a good way to build a bankroll. After establishing a bankroll, managing it is the key to success.

P

Principg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't see how anyone can make his game better while playing freerolls. It can only riun your skill.
Freerolls are good for building some mini bankroll and nothing else.

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's a good idea to play it if you begin. You begin to understand how to play poker, you can win a little bit money and you don't spend money when you will loose it because you arent a good player at now

Exactly, the practice is the main argument for playing these freerolls. Especially as a beginning player you can use all the practice you can get. So if there's a chance you can build up your bankroll for free as well, then go for it. Think there's a good value in playing freerolls tbh.

Gl :D

L

LuisBoaC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd say freeroll are worth playing. The obvious reason is that you could get the luck you need (any player needs some luck to win any MTT) and win some money. Secondly they are good for practice. Yes there are a lot of donks but that gives you lots of opportunity to make positive $equity plays or make them make negative $equity plays. When either of these things happen you profit in the long run. This is essentially all you need to do if long-term profit is your goal. See David Sklansky's Fundamental Theorem of poker for more detail on this.

millya5

millya5

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It all depends on how much you value the value of your time. Playing freerolls with a nasty field of over a thousand players and a low payout structure is a waste of time for me. For me, it is better to allocate this time to family or friends. As for me it is a waste of time and time can't be bought! After when we play freerolls with nasty field, we can learn more bad habits and wrong mindset.

Everyone has a choice of what he does with his time. If someone feels happy playing a few hours for a few cents, it makes sense. If I play freerolls, I prefer only free tournaments with a good field example CardsChat freerolls to clubbers. Here field is very good, average 150 players. More players with logical thinking play in these tournaments. The average expected value of free buy-in from these tournaments is a few dollars and not a few cents. These tournaments, for example on Saturdays and Sundays on PartyPoker, also open the way to participate in tournaments with buy-in ($22, $109) in which we would not always play because of the bankroll.

and where do you get a ticket or password for this freeroll ... please tell me)

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To play in cardchat freerolls there is a sense in which you can build up a bankroll. About other in which 10,000 + participants is a waste of time.

Freeroll Passwords