Chips
Against the chip leader is playing a strong hand

Awrpze

Awrpze

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only give credit to chip leaders if they've demonstrated that they accumulated their chips through skill, and not by merely being a luck-box.

R

Ricardas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If nuts try to put as much chips as possible! Pre flop try to be carefull, also big stack opens mote often because they have more chips .

Matanzima

Matanzima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with your thesis that chip leader calls the game.

Depending on the level of chips, many tend to participate in speculative hands.

I think in this context the tips given by the user mediablitz I find very valid.

E

enot

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Against the chip leader I play very carefully.It is impossible to get out even with big pairs and even more impossible to put everything on the line....will win....I almost never play with them.....especially in predpisov area

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good respect your opinion, but in my house if I would change a little my style of play since some hands with which I would see the flop would reject them since I prefer to go with strong hands if in any case this player raises the bet and Not to be losing my chips in blinds or small bets, this type of players can be a little fish or big sharks and end up devouring you, so I would play with a more conservative style

Svyat66556

Svyat66556

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also get that feeling that software works for chip leader,but I think thats not the case,they often play wide range of cards and very often they hit something what beats your preflop favourite hand...but however when playing against them you need to play with caution and not rushing with bets on flop

I would say the same thing when I played pokerstars in freroll CC then I was the chip leader, I often played ollin with a garbage hand consistently won, and beat out players of the tournament about 10 , I also think that the software can work for some players

doggycfg

doggycfg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm trying avoid them and only play at Monster hand against them!!!!

H

HEFOLK132

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I not strongly play against the leaders chip because he has more stack and he can aggressively play.

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just avoid them!But if u have monster-punish and enjoy!)

C

Caryn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you guys play against chip leader on the table? Do you change your general plan against them or you are playing like usual?Frankly I avoid to play against them,becouse with they massive stack they are tend to call anything.Whats your tips against them?

I'm a tight player at all times on any limit game. I actually prefer the old school players where it's more casual playing the cards, reasonable bets & checks/calls, etc. My biggest tilt trigger is an aggressive player that always overbets every round to dominate. I've sorted through this trigger though, and as long as I can keep a cool head and not make it a personal mission to take them down, I do enjoy having the right hand to play against their aggression. My approach-- check & call. Depending on your position, you can either check-raise on the river or push back with a reraise.

This works if you're a tight player who they've labeled as someone likely to back down.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold as possible, otherwise All-in.

I

ivanbbb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tag so unlikely I'll let the chip leader

P

PW300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If a chip leader is in the hand, I'm only playing good hands in position. Chip leader is likely to play a much wider range and can afford to make a few bluffs, or give you really bad odds to make a call.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
According to my experience, my tactic is a little bit looser, playing against the chip leader,which is a problem for me

Lonelypactyx

Lonelypactyx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If I have the nuts on the flop, in most cases manage to collect ourselves chips from the chipleader, because often when a large stack, players play as a fish.

nevedimka29

nevedimka29

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as well as with an ordinary player, but we must not forget that he was the chip leader

Drowy

Drowy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to avoid chip leader as much as possible and play only good hands

mm maksik

mm maksik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only strong hand! basically, I try not to play with the chip lead! but if I will, only with a very strong hand! and yet - my game can let me bluff against him. I can and I have it worked !!!

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
try to play in position against him for obviously reasons. Hope the CL be a fish because they really don't know hot to manage all these chips they unexpectedly won[maybe by a flip]. I have seen very often a fish losing even his 60% of his previous winnings in the very next one. They simply don't understand the concept of applying pressure. Be odservative and soon you will get paid from that type of opponent.

On the other hand if the CL is a good player you now that you gonna suffer from his tactic by betting you.Try to make clear in you head what he is trying to represent by the bet size and if you have a decent hand apply back the pressure. This way of play has helped me so far. Hope to find your own play style.

B

bravissim0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Much depends on the position, it is better that he is sitting on your right. You also need to keep an eye on his game if he plays aggressively, then do not often play with him

M

Mike D_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me chip leader is the target nr1 to double up :) Depends a lot what style he plays and his preflop betting paterns...

A

Ametist17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I when, I am not afraid to play against the leader's chip! Unless, at late stages.