pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
First thing I label them so that I pay attention to their moves and dont play against them unless I am ready to go All in.
If we only try to see the flop they will re raise like 10BB so most times they scare us off, thats the Big Stack Strategy "BSS" since they have a massive stack they are tend to call in a massive way.

ERICBR30

ERICBR30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play the same way, but always taking great care because the higher the amount of chips greater the chance you receive the call.

ovsleka

ovsleka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play good card against him, only play on good flop.I also get that feeling that software works for chip leader.80% all head-fold.

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it happen some chip leaders to agressive and I juste wait one hand to double up.....

tolka4off

tolka4off

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually attack them when i have short stuck and good hand - chances to doublу up to 50%, and often its working :)

R

RealityOracle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not all chip leaders are equal. Some play very loose and aggressively and like to run over the table with frequent raises and large postflop bets. Some like to sit on their chip lead and not play a hand unless it's premium.

If he likes to sit tight, then I don't worry about him unless he's in a hand with me. I'll play as usual. It's when a chip leader is loose and aggressive that it compromises my usual strategy, and I have to look for opportunities to trap and/or resteal.

I recently played in an MTT against a LAG with a huge chip lead who was basically playing 90+% of hands and calling every raise, even all ins. He was catching very well, plus he was sitting directly to my left, which complicated the problem. I had to play a lot tighter than usual, knowing I could not play back at him without a real hand and without risking all my chips, because he would often call you down or put you all in.

I picked my spots and was able to knock out other players and double through some others on all-in shoves. Eventually he stopped catching and was knocked out short of the money, and we were able to play normally and make steal attempts once again.

Yermek

Yermek

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play with very good cards and usually an all in

O

OgKb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty much what was said above, I tend to play very careful against chip leader, bc of the software definitely works in there favor.I find even when I do have good cards and chip leader has a worst hand I get sucked out on. But this is only sometimes.

whanfox

whanfox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Avoid discussing cards with the chip lead, unless you have a monster hand.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have great cards you definitely want to play with the chip leader and get as many chips as you can in there. Try and knock everyone else out of the hand by a huge bet or all in so you have better odds of winning the hand than you would against multiple players.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
"It depends"
... each spot is situational based on a number of variables. To say I'd play a certain way vs. a player with the most chips on my table in a tournament would be foolish (that'd be like saying, "how do you play vs. Americans on your table?" .. who the fk knows? they all play differently... well... sort of, lol).

olfabiolo

olfabiolo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always game like I'm playing all the tournament but with an added precaution because the player who has often amis chips to play more hands, grandson try to study well the ranges

S

sking111

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sit tight wait for a decent hand in late position fire it all in,with a bit of luck you get the coin flip........

A

akademik pr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you guys play against chip leader on the table? Do you change your general plan against them or you are playing like usual?Frankly I avoid to play against them,becouse with they massive stack they are tend to call anything.Whats your tips against them?
я играю с чип лидером только при хорошей карте

A

akademik pr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you guys play against chip leader on the table? Do you change your general plan against them or you are playing like usual?Frankly I avoid to play against them,becouse with they massive stack they are tend to call anything.Whats your tips against them?
Я играю с чип лидером только при наличии хорошей карты КК ТТ ТК или фолд

danndourado

danndourado

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to see Chip Leader as a big and slow wale. You have to avoid to strike it behind. I usually atack their blinds or 3beting 2.9 to 3.7 times his Cbet or bet WHEN I have vallue. As I constantly attack their blind, they will bluffcatch my value 3bet.

whanfox

whanfox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
expect an optimal hand and steal the chip maximum , avoid risk

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

If you got a nuts just push them. If he gots top pair with top kicker its easy call for them ;)

And you need call dro-hands vs chip leader only with 9-12+ outs.

Ivab

Ivab

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We must look like a playing chip leader. If the chip leader playing aggressively for me this delicious cake.

S

Sadalmelik

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first of all it is impossible to answer this question without knowing who the chip leader is...is it a loose maniac or tight conservative? Not all chip leaders are bullies. Some chip leaders can be bluffed and some can not. Some play all hands, some play tighter than anyone else.

THE SOFTWARE DOES NOT FAVOR THE CHIP LEADER. I wont even justify this statement with anything else because it is ridiculous.

Learn who the chip leader is and then play accordingly, just like any other opponent in the field. They will be apt to see more hands from time to time, and depending on your own stack size you can adjust to this and double through them, but its not a guarantee..
Honestly i have totaly different opinion, i could swear software works against chip leader, but without some big maths and HM hardly i can get any answer.
Even than, what would be reliable sample, 1 milion hands?

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends on what stage of the tournament you are, studying his game and give fight the chip leader with a good hand :D

N

Niksic007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a two way to play. If chip leader consservative player you must be agressive and if is he agresive player you must wait for good hand . Don t play all in ,unless you have AA or KK.

L

ludomaniaco24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to change the general plan you have to be less aggressive and play only with strong hands the fact of having more chips what allows them is to be able to play more type of hands and to see many turn and river making them more unpredictable when it comes to knowing or Speculate the type of hand they have

B

bbiase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend to keep decisions simple pre flop, play for value and only defend the blinds with hands that crushes flops (like broadways) or set miners. Also, playing three streets are generally bad because they can afford to barrel a lot. I honestly like value shoves against bigstacks on the flop unless I'm really nutted than check/call or maybe check/min raise becomes viable even though they turn you range face up for really good players.

Pretty much the only LAGish play I make against big stacks are shoving for resteal itm .

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is a Russian proverb wolf fear - in the woods not to go