Playing against chip leader

O

OgnianMikov

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the only adjustment I make is that I rarely bluff them. Also I expect them to bluff me more often and often go in a check-call mode with good but not great hands.

fly2tsky

fly2tsky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Funnily chip leaders are usually falling behind time after time. The prob is that they tend to play with wider ranges and thats the chance to divide that giant stack into smaller pieces.

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically I continue to play the same, but it motivates me since I think of taking all their chips away, my conservative and aggressive style of play is what keeps me playing big tournaments and against big rivals, patience is a fruit of rewards

L

lfabbo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
chip leader

:mad:
Pay him very cautiously. Even your Aces against a bigstack, is it really worth it:)

I had AA against a chip leader went all in he called with 44s he ended up with4 4s. Lost

Tulipaneiro

Tulipaneiro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll prefer to do some traps after flop. Even if u must wait for that

U

uready4dis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just play normal and if you call me its acually good because i can get the most chips out of them. :D

Nikolay Goncharov

Nikolay Goncharov

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play against the chip leader carefully and I bring the game to the showdown with just nuts

M

masha535

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play almost the same way , but against a big stack, I try to go with a better hand!!!

cheapseats76

cheapseats76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In most cases but not all the CL will play a wide variety of starting hands, most mediocre at best. I have no problem with rolling the dice against the CL for this reason. If I hit MP after the flop I will push it and in most cases it holds. You have to remember the CL is no longer looking for quality but quantity. If they are running hot I will try to avoid them all together cause eventually they will cool down. Good luck on the felts!

M

Mauno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Firts observe the chip leader. Chip leader in beginnign of tournament is mostly loos and lucky. Later more like good player.

Ckopoxod

Ckopoxod

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

If cheapleader playing agressive with any cards u need to wait 1010+ TQ+ and push everyone against him, if he playing tight u need to wait AA AK KK QQ only and push push push

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would play tight and let them do the betting while in a hand with them.

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i only play with chip leader with open hand and and hope i hit strong draw in the floop if not go to the turn and river only if the chip leader raise small.. dont play all in prefloop against chip leader.. position is important against the boss..

walluyo

walluyo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depend on who and what style the chip leader uses, if he/she play loose you can wait strong starting hands and then attack him.

P

PW300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play strong hands in position against chip leader. Other wise they can price you out of seeing later streets if you are relying on a draw to improve your hand.

marqha

marqha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its not important being chip leader start of the tournement.

3ccasd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depending on the type and stage of the tournament. For example, if the bubble is of course 100% fold

iriska

iriska

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not like to play with the chip lead. Usually they are too pressured. Even with good maps, I usually lose (

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if I am the CL you better fold :p

DontAskWh

DontAskWh

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello,
Try to play with chip leader very carefully , and try to play a good hands against him. If you feel that he trying to steal the pot , and the blinds , and you didn't have anything just fold against him , and wait for a nice hand.
Thanks.

S

Streetwylde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just play your normal game that got you there.

K

kprr1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
However its dangerous to play against chip leader, bcs of various range he can play, to get double up is my main target and easiest way is against chip leader.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I play more tight against chip leader , waiting for some good cards/hands and good spots , to take advantage of his loose aggressive style (the more he has/plays the more tight I play ) and wait for him to pay me to double my stack . I just wait for his aggressiveness to do the job . But on different foes/strange plays , if he's not so lag , might use different strategy :) .

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its also like a Theatre , you need sometimes to show weak hands with small pots loosing style against him more bluffing and showing that ur bluffer, and when you get monster he wont just believe and call ur all in!