Play aggressive early in the tournament or stay consistent?

L

likesithere

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
from what i have learnt it is better to build up chip stacks early so you can dominate in the middle game, rgs tom

SBEP

SBEP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Lets say u start agro, right off the bat, and the variance is not on your side, ull be out b4 even run through what happened with the hand :D so play as u usually play, if u hit the nuts, then play cut throat agro, so best strategy at least for me at the start of any tournament, is tight but aggressive, pound them really hard when u have the nuts :D

S

skyllet

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to keep the consistency and keep a set pattern to create an image and then start to be aggressive in the middle and end of the game

Zacccpanec

Zacccpanec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning of the tournament is best played strictly conservative, then reducing your stack relative to blinds and antes increase at a Desk need to be more loose aggressive tactics

G

Gektor610

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gektor 610

I play the beginning of the tournament very agresive and open every hand because Blandy still small need to take risks and stuff stack

P

Petycash

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I care about the tourney, I play conservative while trying to see as many hands as possible and feel out the table. You will have some aggressive players early that you can catch with a hand they aren't expecting and double up without being ultra aggressive until you know you have the nuts.

If I'm getting tired and in a freeroll, I'll play super aggressive to either double or triple up early (which makes it worth playing out) or going to bed.

Clausitoo

Clausitoo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ate the beginning is prefer to play conservative because if you play many hands you are limping and the players could take u like a fish and they will play too aggressive vs you

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to change it up a bit during a tournament. If I find myself at a passive table with lots of limping going on, I may be more aggressive at the beginning of a tournament and then tighten up a bit if I feel my table image is becoming aggro. Being too consistent throughout a tournament can make one a little too predictable.

D

donkcentralFF

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the beginning with very low blinds if the table is being passive I try to see as many as hands as I possibly can.. Have always done pretty solid in live tourneys because my main objective is always to build up my stack early because at most tournaments around me once you get so far in the tourney basically becomes a jam fest and if you don't get any hands the blinds will bleed you..

G

Gektor610

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gektor 610

At the beginning of the tournament it is necessary to open any hand because of bland very small and try to fill the stack

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the start of the tournament, when stacks are that much deeper, it is better to try and see flops cheaply against weak players with hands that can make very strong hands. Suited Aces, suited one gappers, small pairs etc all go up in value as, when you go make a straight, flush or set, you can make a lot of money from bad players who are overvaluing their top pair. Just be careful, when you call 67s from the button and flop top pair or middle pair - don't get married to it. Know when to fold, we're not playing this hand at this stage to make top pair or middle pair. Remember that.

victoor_06

victoor_06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lately I've played tight aggressive at the beginning and throughout the tournament and I'm finding well with this style of game

T

TheImperator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should always be playing aggressively.

Passive poker is losing poker.

EsnneyPk

EsnneyPk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the principle should play tight all depends on the hand and the position where one is. you have to study other players and game type and concerning that implement our strategy.

T

TheImperator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the principle should play tight all depends on the hand and the position where one is. you have to study other players and game type and concerning that implement our strategy.

Tight/loose has no bearing on aggression, though.

champyun

champyun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Something to ponder ... Why do you see pros choose to not show up in the early stages?

Let the crazies fight for the small pots early. Play tight and only be aggressive with good hands.

romych007

romych007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play as usual, then your game will be read, therefore, need to play with each player using the obtained information on him. In the early stages the best to play tight, and learn the game opponents are. You can then use this information against them, to play loose against tight players, who in 60% of cases will lose, and you will be able to pick up their chips, after unsuccessful for them flops.

sofren

sofren

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends how much the tournaments are buyin. If the tournaments is low buyin you should be consistent. Reason is simple many recreative players are there and thay will call your potentional bluf or something like that. Also you should be consistent on tournaments who have many thousands registered players. Wait good hand and beat players who dont have so much knowledge for poker. You should be agressive if tournaments have under 100 or 200 registered players. Number of recreative players are less and you should be agressive but carefully. But generally l em dont agressive in early phase of any tournaments. My advice, wait good hand and bring yourself some chips.

Jim Brown

Jim Brown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning of the tournament be patient and pick spots. Well, do that all the time.

Most value comes from your opponents folding. Play aggressive, but if you find resistance don't be afraid to fold and avoid the dick waving. When you have a hand push the edge don't get too fancy. Every showdown is a chance to lose and in a tournament the chips you win are not as valuable as the chips you lose due to icm pressure.

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im more for be a consitente wait your hand and double upfor a start.......

BogdanStark

BogdanStark

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One more thing - if you r very lucky that evening, it is doesn't matter how aggressive shell you play. Only cards what will come to you will decide 3 or 5 bet re-raise you'll made.

J

jeongwee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play turbo ( 2000-4000 playres) , i would like be aggresive in the eartly stage of my current level , becoz a lot of players will pay you when you all in or keep cbeting .its no diffrence you ended on bubbles with low stack or ended on early stage with high stacks ,you need to get more chips be4 the bubbles .

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think early in tourneys its a much better aproach to stay pretty tight as theers a lot of fish at this stage. and you can collect there chips go after a fish like a fish doesnt seem to workout often. mid to late stage get more aggressive

R

ramoshadddad

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you must be a middle ground between aggression and tight depending on the hands

adamovic

adamovic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think in the begenning of any tournement we have to observe and try to detect what kind of players are ur opponents .to focus on evry hand ..and just play poker with your instincts.