People that play bad starting hands is this good or bad play?

E

encdz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tight is right. Those players will lose in the long run. I'll probably only play these hands on the button with a healthy stack. Just for kicks, not all the time. Just to fool my opponents who think I just play premium cards.

deeznutzz

deeznutzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you watch players in low stakes games you see many of them raising and calling with nothing. You'll see guys go all in with middle or low pairs. Many of them are terrible players but it's important to remember that even the worse players in the world are still dealt good hands now and then. Just because they play 7 2 OS the same way they would if they had the nut doesn't mean you can assume that they're just overplaying a bad hand. I think a lot of us develop bad habits when we play with a lot of bad players. We often disregard the player and because of that we disregard the potential strength of their cards.

Caiuabegins

Caiuabegins

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You need calculate the odds. if are big, is good idea a call with low cards.
Just in case, you need analyze the moment you are in, you need do critical analises.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think a lot of us develop bad habits when we play with a lot of bad players. We often disregard the player and because of that we disregard the potential strength of their cards.

That is absolutely true. Its easy to get into a mindset like "its just a fish screwing around, I am not going to fold my overpair or my top pair". But this is a pretty big mistake. Most fish (not all) are passive by nature, and when such a player suddenly start to raise you on the turn or the river, he usually has you beat. And because he play so many hands, he can have that two pair with J4 or that gutshot, that just made a straight. So you need to be able to fold. Sure you can make some adjustments against fish, but its important to not over adjust, because then you actually end up being the biggest fish ;)

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In general it is good too tighten up against someone who plays loose and, vise versa, loosen up against a nit.
We must not see ourselves like the police of the table to bust a guy who plays every hand or start to follow his bad tendencies because we think that this way we might counter him.
We need to play our solid game and raise hard when we have a good hand and put our chips in with advantage.
So, play tight and bet hard against these type of players with your good hands.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In heads up tournament on April 10 is a normal hand. In conventional tournament depends on the stage and the table structure. Aggressive players with a big bankroll playing bounty can often play very aggressively in the later stage and call players with a small stack, even with 2 3ss.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you need to study the fish and see if it is a not too bright LAG or smart LAG, While both might open with any 2 the smart LAG won't put really money in unless they most likely have you beat.

T

TheDev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends the game, people, your chip stack, your position, how many people are at the table, and probably a few other things. But typically no, playing bad cards is more often than not just going to cause you to leak chips.

When you find yourself playing someone like this I feel it is best to just be patient and pick your spot, usually with a monster starting hand. Sometimes they will get you but waiting until you have a very strong hand puts the odds in your favor.

Shawnt

Shawnt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad hands turned good

I try to play every hand possible if my hand seems slightly investable six seven of spades for example can sometimes be bigger hands like Queen Jack king queen very rarely do 3 maybe big blind last act somewhere in that order that's what the smaller hands are for how to get the nuts good luck on the snaps

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
VPIP% above 44% is a whale also known as a huge fish that plays a statistically inappropriate amount of hands. While NLH can be played loose 28% to 40% VPIP% it makes the game much more difficult and requires much more reading skill. These players usually have nothing but I never bet less than 75% of pot against them. They can only hit two pair on flop 2% of time of which they lose 24% of time to higher pair by river...so do not worry much about two pair. A good LAG will usually play 28% to 35% VPIP%.

I enjoy playing against these players and letting them run into my power hands. YUMMY YUMMY whale players!

Wow !that was an eye opener, thanks .

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
you need to play with such players carefully, I am also tormented by this question, I often meet with such people, just recently having a set of 8 with an ace high, I am beaten with 8 9 unsuited people, picking up a full-house at the end

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It happens that you lose touch with someone who has 7-2 but eventually against such players are more hands you win so do not worry :)

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Players who do not know how to play a hand correctly and those who spend time seem to me to be bad players

leobouble

leobouble

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not if the person has to pay only a blind with bad cards in that case the bad person would be the one with the good hand and not bet any more chips on him.
those with good cards have to bet high so that weak hands do not enter the game and get in the way

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, sometimes the other players at the table
give their opponent the pot odds he needs to
see a flop with literally any 2 cards...

You can't say that it is bad play in general. It depends on the situation.

ArmiSoo7

ArmiSoo7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I think that there is not good or bad starting hands. You can win with all hands. Poker is 90% of luck. pokerstars is 99% of luck :D

V

Vzlafree

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree 90%. in the alternative of the hands it is the same in the real games. That is live. The strategy is worth, but luck is what is worth

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People playing with poor starting hands very often lose their entire stack at the beginning of tournaments and vryatli will reach the prizes - this is a game of luck.

pykubepx111

pykubepx111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if they alternate the game of these hands with normal rallies then I think this is a normal game

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing truly bad hands (bottom 10-15%) is bad play, pretty straightforward. Beginners tend to limp a bunch of marginal hands (25-50%) from any position.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, NeoBandit! You ask:" People that play bad starting hands is this good or bad play?" The question, of course, rhetorical.
Of course, bad!.. But here follows famous "BUT", because in Poker win not best starting hands, but combination from cards,
and therefore Poker is dispersion game, and situation can change every moment, as in plus, so in minus, and therefore in Poker
is not draw, as in Chess or in Checkers... In Poker You win or lose, the third is not given! Hence, by my opinion, main rule in Poker:
play only by bankroll, that was always good reserve of bankroll on the occasion "downstreak", and in the same time play by bankroll
is very important with the psychological point of view, because can to play freedom, not thinking about money, and to concentrate only
on the game. And then Good Luck come exactly! ;):cool:

zlajazlaja2

zlajazlaja2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is bad play... They maybe take, one or two hands, with two pairs, full house, but on long stage they are on big loose...

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Bless such people, they are the reason we play profitably. :)

koisug

koisug

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have seen so many people that will play 10 4o and hit both of them sometimes ending with full house or two pair I have seen where they play72o and win these are players that lose money and have a vpip of 65 and about playing lots of hands. What is your thoughts on these players? How do you play against them? What strategy do you use playing against them?

I play a lot of low stake tournaments and find these people all the time. Other than folding I haven't found a good strategy against them, because they could have anything. If i have two pair they will have a better two pair if i have a set they will have a better set. How do you play against a player that will play any two cards at any given time? Do you fold your good hands and just wait till you have the nuts? these guys are in the game till the end game and I only find tight players in the last 20 people playing. These guys I find hard to play against. Please share with me how you play against these guys. Or even a way i can learn to play against them thanks for taking the time to read this. Please respond with your thoughts
I think it is impossible to learn how to play against such players, because their game defies any logic!! There is only one recipe here - to play for us and take away the chips of such players , they exist for this purpose, to increase our stack

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I think I should play that way as I sit there and watch all of my folded garbage hands that would have crushed the table.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands