People that play bad starting hands is this good or bad play?

Z

zhilipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
usually these players have terrible postflop play. You can steal lots of pots with aggressive play, with a decent image at the table.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I think I should play that way as I sit there and watch all of my folded garbage hands that would have crushed the table.
Like this one that JUST happened. The last of many today:

5ad980724cdd6eefd46b8efbf4d77d31.png

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You shouldnt be too scared of them also because mathematically they arent able to hit their two pair and sets very often and you said that they always have higher set or two pair then you or something, i can tell you thats bullshit and its not even possible lol :D I think its all in your head. These players are losing in long run for sure and winning in short run so dont be afraid of them and raise big against these players

J

Juli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is hard; but try not to overestimate luck.

S

steveo2003

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all depends on how many big blinds you have left!!

T

tcummo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on the players and the action..if the table is tight, you can raise a wider range, if the table is loose, play a tighter range..also adjust your range for individual players..tight or loose..as always..... 'it depends'...:)

heeyjean

heeyjean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why don't you like this kind of player?

Its a way easier to deal with them than good players, just take a time to see the table behavior and take his chips, lol.

deeznutzz

deeznutzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Over the years as online poker has grown in popular. The overall quality of play has deteriorated drastically especially in the low stake tournament games. The tournaments are filled with people who aren't poker players. They have know real interest in playing poker they're there strictly to gamble. They don't respect the game and they dont understand it. They'll play anything at anytime in anyway. Forget about positioning, hand ranges and bet sizing. They don't even know what any of those are. Theyrr the guys who are always claiming that poker is strictly about luck and then crying about how the game is rigged when their 3 8 fails to payout. Eventually they all go away leaving their money behind. But while their still at the tables real poker isn't being played. Its incredibly frustrating trying to push through it and it's taking a lot of the enjoyment out of the game

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I think I should play that way as I sit there and watch all of my folded garbage hands that would have crushed the table.

Don't do it Matt - I tried this one week day - just to see - oddly - whenever I played those shit hands - the cards never hit the board, so I just ended up bluffing off my stack - quickly. I guess ya gotta be an extra special kind of fish to have those hands workout.
Also - gotta wait until after late reg closes to do this - because there is 'actually' 1-2 players all in every hand in the first 20-30 minutes. Every hand.
The only time you see the hand would crush all others - is when you fold them. :)

Somewhat related anecdote.
Sitting in bb - btn limps - oddly sb folds. I check my option with 7/2.
Flop is A72. I check - btn bets half pot. I call.
Turn is a 7. I check - btn bets 1/4 pot - I 3x re-raise.
River is 8 - I shove - btn calls with A/8.

He goes on to berate me in chat for playing crap cards -- I don't say anything I just read his tilted rant. Until he seems to be finished - and then I just say - dude - you limped! LOL

T

tatalarata

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
patience is the key here, they also call way too much, so you just have to show them nutty hands. When your AK 4X preflop bet gets called and flop is 4 6 8, just give up. Let it go. Dont bet medium hands when there are too many players in the hand, wait for really strong hands.Also analize their betting pattern, sometimes its quite obvious.

Fenix7

Fenix7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In MTT tournaments it is normal to extend the range of cards because the Blind are small. but it will always be a bad Play. As I read in a poker book, by entering a hand we are putting all our Stack at risk

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For various reasons, good and bad players play poor starting hands. No need to pay attention to it. It happens that they reach the suit. Only the result of these actions is bad, these hands lead to tilt and loss of bankroll.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes it is not a matter of being a good or bad hand, but of its position at the table, sometimes in a position a hand is weak, but in a certain position that same hand can increase its strength, so it is necessary to evaluate each situation and choose the best option in the play

G

Gelidmind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't be robotic in your play. Take every situation as it is and go from there. Whether it's a Freeroll or paid tournament there will be players who are extremely loose. It's unfortunate, but sometimes the bad situations they put themselves in workout and sometimes they don't. I find that most of the extremely bad play is during the rebuy period. If you can last past the rebuy period actual poker tends to be more prevalent. I've one a few freerolls since I've started playing and I play each one differently.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have seen so many people that will play 10 4o and hit both of them sometimes ending with full house or two pair I have seen where they play72o and win these are players that lose money and have a vpip of 65 and about playing lots of hands. What is your thoughts on these players? How do you play against them? What strategy do you use playing against them?

I play a lot of low stake tournaments and find these people all the time. Other than folding I haven't found a good strategy against them, because they could have anything. If i have two pair they will have a better two pair if i have a set they will have a better set. How do you play against a player that will play any two cards at any given time? Do you fold your good hands and just wait till you have the nuts? these guys are in the game till the end game and I only find tight players in the last 20 people playing. These guys I find hard to play against. Please share with me how you play against these guys. Or even a way i can learn to play against them thanks for taking the time to read this. Please respond with your thoughts

Of course they are not good.
But it also depends on many factors .. position, stack that ranges you put your villain "in your case none or all" hehehe ... But also in which range your villain is giving you.
I usually try to be very aggressive pre flop playing the range that I always play (the top in the early game) for each stage the tournament is in, adjusting the range according to the size of your big blinds stack.
They won't always be lucky, what you can't do is start playing wrong because of the villains' mistakes ... then you enter a non-profit cycle ... You have to make them make difficult decisions and not try to decipher one difficult reading so try to play a hand where you don't have to make a difficult decision later, Polarize value and bluff more against them ... these things. there are so many things

Adrian2809

Adrian2809

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it also depends on luck. You can't say that if he loses more than half of the chips on a good card he is a bad player. But I also have other players who lose the chips by playing very badly.

Darwinjose14

Darwinjose14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
usually these players have terrible postflop play. You can steal lots of pots with aggressive play, with a decent image at the table.

M

moshie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the low limit tourneys no way to avoid such players. If their stack has grown huge early
they will gamble with anyone. Pre flop I am going to play tight if I have AK suited and Ithe
flop is 789 none of my suit,what am I sticking around for? These players could hit that flop much harder than I did. Any 5,6,10,J or Queen or flop pairireng. Your going to see so much action. It going to be bingo to see who's hand holds up.
Pre flop favorite and after are night and day. I don't want to end uplayersp with no stack left because
I didn't have the sense to get away from trouble spots.
But good hunting to those that get their good hands to hold up against these kind of players.:)

M

mclaughlinph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ill tell you what I hate and it just happened to me in a scoop and I think it happens way to often. I played J8 of hearts and called preflop raise of the villan. Flop came to hearts and a King. Villain raises. I call then the turn comes heart so I make my flush. Villain puts me all in and shows KK. so he has a set. Then river pairs the board. This kind of thing always happens to me where someone puts me all in when I have the virtual best hand at the time and then I lose on the river. And when I say I have the best hand I mean there isnt a hand that is beating me at the time I make the call to go all in. First off the fact that the one time i play a hand my opponent is that strong is unlikely. second combine this with the fact we both have a hand is even more unlikely. Third that he would shove all in when I am winning is even more unlikely. Fourth that he outdraws me on the river when he is like 15% to win and gets there. This happens way to often on pokerstars. This unlikely string of events or one like it happens to me way to often before the money in a tournament. Conversely I rarely see hands like this when I am in that spot and often lose my chips to the flush when I have top set. It just seems to happen way to often when i have played thousands of tourneys and get the same result. Which is losing before the money that is the unlikely key component. When I am playing these types of hands and am in these overwhelming % favorite to win with like one card to come and I lose. The more peculiar part is the fact that my opponent puts me all in when they are losing and I have a fairly nutted hand and cant get away so I call and then they get there. They dont all in me on the river when the board runs out and I can potentially get away from the hand they all in me when they are losing and win.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
bad hands will hit harder sometimes so it´s good to mix up your play, but play "bad" hands in position

DTaboada

DTaboada

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like to play bad hands in position. 25% works.

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As Daniel says: "WBH"
Wait
Best
Hand

Can't do anything more against them.

furnitura47

furnitura47

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is an interesting idea to build your stack with bad hands at the begining of a tournament when there are smaller blinds and more weak opponents. Then you switch to a Pro mode and start to play as a human) I ussualy try to wait untill blinds come up a little, so a part of crazy people would be gone by that time:cool::cool::cool:

L

LSTBrand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like to play bad hands
Like 72 or high low 6J
Sometimes it’s nice what
happens but I‘m missing
The throw away point
sometimes... no all ins