Patience in Tournaments

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should wait for something better, Ace with a five is not a mega hand to play all-in

A

Atrevino247

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I took a bad beat some hands earlier. I had pocket jacks vs his A9. He hit his 9 on the flop and shoved all in. I call and he hit his Ace on the turn and doubled up. :rolleyes: I never recovered after that.
That’s the way it goes sometimes... to win tournaments you have to play well and get lucky in some spots

M

mioou2011

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
patience is key to victory
just wait for the right hand
don't be emotional
but if u far from the average u must act risky
if u have a high card go for all in

123cards321

123cards321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When to go all in

hard decision. I have noticed that you have to trust your instinct when you are low on chips. Many times after folding a hand you have to think really hard to fold you get a great hand you just know you have it

R

rmcneice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With two rotations or more I would have folded the A5 and waited for a better hand in EP.

In the BTN or Small blind with no calls I would have shoved with a stack that covers over half of the remaining stacks. Otherwise just wait. The chips you have are worth more than the chips you'll win and loss busts you out.

D

Davlic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it was necessary to be patient and wait for the right hands.

neiroob

neiroob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also do this sometimes, but it’s just like you, but a player with a big stack and more luck gets more luck, so we endure and wait for the best hand and the best position to steal the blinds.

D

Davlic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree for me as an opponent with a big steak is not really a tactic

deform fedot

deform fedot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You did the right thing. In order to understand this you need to manage the odds, and in order to make a combination to have enough chips. In your situation, the opponent's behavior was not correct, but he could afford it as far as the size of the stack in you is quite different. So this is often the case, but he was just lucky.

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ahh, I got knocked out the CC freeroll tonight.

I was down to 7bb and was dealt A5o in early position so I shoved all in. Chip leader with 46bb called me with 108o. Board was 498J6 rainbow. This seems to happen all the time in tourneys.

Was this a good move since I had a low chip stack or should I have been more patient and waited for a better hand to shove?

Well, naturally, a friend with 7 bb it was a good push, your opponent could have called you with 23 since he is the chip leader. Congratulations on your victory.

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played right and wrong. It was a large stack in front of you. Of poker books, I know that much harder to play aggressively against small and too big stacks. They almost always have players call or make do pass. 7bb is little I do so risks. On the other hand, you can see the flop. When the big blind even with 4bb can be the first on your table winning several all-in.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At 7BB, you had to make a move. You just need to be smart about it. You need to know the size of everybody's stack and where they are in relation to you. I also don't like pushing with a weak A from early position. Very often, you get called with a stronger A. I only like pushing weak A hands from late position or the blinds when most other players have folded. I'll still push from EP, but I try to push more middle hands like T9s and such.