***October SNG Thread***

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Grats or your positive session CJ.

Hand is from previous week so can´t send to CJ now (rules say need to be from the week right?), try to post it in HA but im stupid and get errors 2 times, so will post it here.

full tilt poker $5 + $0.50 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t60/t120 Blinds - 4 players
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: t1850 15.42 BBs
CO: t1690 14.08 BBs
BTN: t6112 50.93 BBs
Hero (SB): t3848 32.07 BBs

Pre Flop: (t180) Hero is SB with J A
CO raises to t1690 all in, 1 fold, Hero ???

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Logan. It's going to be impossible to give an accurate answer if we don't have reads on this guy. Is he tight/loose, is he a known bad player or is he a regular. Without that info, you will probably be getting answers that are not correct, thus training yourself to play badly.

P

pat3392

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Logan. It's going to be impossible to give an accurate answer if we don't have reads on this guy. Is he tight/loose, is he a known bad player or is he a regular. Without that info, you will probably be getting answers that are not correct, thus training yourself to play badly.

True, but as a standard when we have no reads this is a fairly easy fold... Only a absolute moron is going to be shoving a range that AJ fairs well against there

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
True, but as a standard when we have no reads this is a fairly easy fold... Only a absolute moron is going to be shoving a range that AJ fairs well against there

Honestly, i didn't even look at the situation. Just for the future, it's going to really help if you can give us all the info you can.

BEERM4N

BEERM4N

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My SNG graph this month :)

DisplayGraph.png

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks like you have a nice heart beat there :)

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry Wizz, don´t want to post more info because we supossed not to post hands in here, so was just expecting a fold or call basing on stack sizes and my hand and not extended answers, basically like Pat answer.

thanks anyway.
----

Nice graph

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't believe i was worried about the $6.50 level. I'm feeling really good now that two of the "best" regs at this level have confirmed to me that they are, well, stupid.

Situation 1. Vs 7% Reg

Here is a spot where i just didn't think i'd ever find a better spot to get it in. He was trying to Pwn the bubble and had been shoving every button and small blind for a few orbits. The only problem that he was folding when UTG which made it akward for me. I and the BB had already seen a few showdowns and exchanged stacks once already. So if i was sure mr 7% would shove UTG i might be able to fold here, but even if i fold, one double up from guy on left and i'm in trouble, and also getting into the money with 2000 chips doesn't really excite me much. The BB was calling really wide, so i couldn't even get many shoves through BVB, i could try to out survive the smaller stack and scrape into the money, but theres no guarantee that will happen either. So this for me is an easy snap call. The guy went on to tell me that it was the worst call he's seen in a long time, blah blah blah. He also went on to say that he wants to help me so that i don't make -EV calls as it hurts his EV too.

Like i care about his EV...

Situation 2/3 against 8% regular.

Two clear cut shoves on my part, the first one i shove 23o and get called by pocket 9's. That was completely standard. The guy starts heckling me saying what a horrible player i must be etc etc.

Situation 3. the very next BVB situation, i wake up with pocket 7's, shove and get snapped by QTo! With an extreme shortstack present his range should probably be something like QQ+. He went on to heckle me some more and i fought the urge to respond. But i did ask him about his call, he replied saying "Oh, my range has to widen since i saw you shove 23o". I just loled to myself.

I told him he must hate money and left it at that.

So thankyou dumb regs, you have confirmed to me that there will be plenty of money to be made playing SNGs for quite a few years yet!

Attachments

• 6.50 march.JPG
    6.50 march.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 17.JPG
    17.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 70
L

Lofwyr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just started to grind SNGs instead of cash (I really hate 10NL...need to get BR for 25) and it's going somewhat well. $50 at the start of the month is now $350, primarily running the $3.25 45 man SNGs and more recently the $2.20 180 man SNGs. Took down a 180 earlier today :)

To respond to an earlier post about profitability, the larger fields will likely pay better. The variance is a killer though, so your BR should be bigger (mine was way below necessary when I began). Just think of potential profit in terms of dead money vs live money in the tournament. A 9 man tourney might have 1 or 2 more 'regs' and the dead vs. live ratio is only like 2:7 or 3:6. In the 45-180 you'll see ratios more like 8:37 or 16:164. Waaaaay more dead money to be had.

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just started to grind SNGs instead of cash (I really hate 10NL...need to get BR for 25) and it's going somewhat well. $50 at the start of the month is now $350, primarily running the $3.25 45 man SNGs and more recently the $2.20 180 man SNGs. Took down a 180 earlier today :)

To respond to an earlier post about profitability, the larger fields will likely pay better. The variance is a killer though, so your BR should be bigger (mine was way below necessary when I began). Just think of potential profit in terms of dead money vs live money in the tournament. A 9 man tourney might have 1 or 2 more 'regs' and the dead vs. live ratio is only like 2:7 or 3:6. In the 45-180 you'll see ratios more like 8:37 or 16:164. Waaaaay more dead money to be had.

yea those tourneys have a much higher roi but you cant really get the volume in. Well at least I dont think I could get enough volume in playing those games. Although I do play those 180 man sometimes when I need a break from grinding stt's

L

Lofwyr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea those tourneys have a much higher roi but you cant really get the volume in. Well at least I dont think I could get enough volume in playing those games. Although I do play those 180 man sometimes when I need a break from grinding stt's
I'm still a far cry from getting the kind of volume I would like. Currently I'm trying to get good with 3-tabling...so my volume is definitely a bit shy. Seems like adding that 3rd and 4th table is quite difficult, but after that adding tables gets easier. But I don't think getting volume in these is much different than volume in STT's. Sure, these take longer but the payout is so much higher that evens out. It's less an issue of volume and more an issue of variance. I can easily grind out a 4 hr session, play a dozen of these things in that time and never cash, or only cash once. If that happened to me grinding STTs it would be a disaster (plus I'd have played more than a dozen), grinding 180's it's not such a big deal.

I was on a heater last night, played again after I posted and took down another 180 :D I think an issue I'm going to run into is bankroll limbo. The 180 games really only have the $2.20 buyins and the $12 buyins. The $4 are normal speed, the $3 turbo is a rebuy tourney and the $7 level almost never loads. So if I choose to focus on those I have a long road of grinding until the BR gets big enough to handle the variance of $12 buyins.

Anyone have any experience with the $6.50 45-man SnGs on 'stars? That seems like the most reasonable junction SNG between the $2 and $12 levels of 180.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think pat3392 said in this thread or in another that he's been playing the 5-table SNG's, I think he's subscribed to this thread so he'll probably see your post and reply.

ps, my name looks really weird now, I'm not sure how much I like it lol.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that doesn't sound very flattering, :p

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just finished up a set that takes me over the 1,000 games mark in $12 turbos: 6.4% ROI for that sample which is OK, I guess.

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That´s great Oz, that should be around 60buyins or more, good job:top:

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ryan Howard sucks.

My roommate goes "I'd like to meet the man who predicted a Giants-Rangers World Series, and shake his hand".

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I should play two more sets tonight, but i can't really be bothered. Time for a caffeine packed energy drink!

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just finished up a set that takes me over the 1,000 games mark in $12 turbos: 6.4% ROI for that sample which is OK, I guess.

That's pretty solid really, i've noticed your mixing in some 22's as well, how are they going? I'll see you on the 12's within the next month, if i can get my full tilt account up and running ;).

Also, I have to say this thread is getting a bit boring, nothing is being posted in the HA forum anyway really, apart from PMI's bubble hands, may as well continue posting hands to discuss here as far as i'm concerned.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's pretty solid really, i've noticed your mixing in some 22's as well, how are they going?

LOL - my dirty secret is out :p

They're going OK, 10.9% ROI but it's barely been 50 games. Overall they don't feel a lot different to the $12s, will see how things go.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you thought about just adding tables to the 12's?