which is the most important thing for you when playing a tournament

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's a long tournament, I need some weed, and some snakes. Online or live, makes no difference.

lol snacks, not snakes!!!

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Weed messes with my intuition. How does anyone play while stoned?

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
one of the most important things for me is to have a winning mind, if I play thinking that I will lose the tournament, it's going badly from the beginning

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
The most important thing for me is the concentration and keep calm

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keep focused and don't go on tilt when you take a bad beat.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
For me it's maintaining concentration. I tend to lose it on the 4-5th hour in the tournament. Any recommendations?

chezzzi_qwe

chezzzi_qwe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
  • Do not often come into play in early position.
1398934.jpg
(Position at the table: early, middle, late and the blinds)

• Make sure that some of the cards that seem "so beautiful", and the related decisions, in fact, bring only destruction.:confused::confused::confused:
  • Success - for the most simple solution. Do not waste your chips on unnecessary calls.
  • Learn additional techniques, such as protection and theft blinds bluff.
  • Learn to play aggressively. This is one of the most important poker lessons - how to become an aggressor.:cool:

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be ready to bust it in all ins so i can get over it as quickly as posible

Gamebreakr25

Gamebreakr25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me the most important thing is to have a calm mind :p:p
The most important thing for me is to be focused. No distractions. Most importantly ... To Have fun !!!! Have a good night :)

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1st place ;D

just playing good ;) I'm generally a cash game player but when I play tourney session i'm more focused than on my cash regular sessions. so ye. Clear mind+ some snacks because tourneys are long.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To ensure that I make smart decisions around the bubble.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every bet or move that I make.....does it help me get closer to the Final Table....YES / NO

What else matters? Playing well....playing correctly....table respect? Just get me to the money and then the final table!

Good luck !

VMVarga

VMVarga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To already realize I may lose and be ok with that outcome.

It always helps your mental toughness to learn to be okay with the statistical certainty of losing. You are facing tough odds and an uphill battle every time you enter a tournament, and you face a difficult enough time making it in the money, let alone first place. This is why bankroll management and focusing on the overall success of your play--rather than stats like wins/losses or ITM%--can be so important.

Keeping the size of your wagers to a small percentage of your total bankroll helps you withstand the really bad slumps where you just can't seem to cash very often, or at all. And focusing only on the quality of your playing can help you avoid getting burnt out; the grind of playing a lot of tournaments can be tiresome whether you win or lose, but it is less so when you are not getting stressed out about whether you are winning or losing money.

If you are already good at this mental sort of stuff, you might make better use of your time studying more of the theory part of the game.

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience, discipline and endurance. Patience to wait for the best spots, discipline to fold when you are beat and endurance to remain focused for a long period of time (and to notice when the best spots come up).

Ikeman74

Ikeman74

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play concentrated and not make mistakes,and best to make it in the Money at least.

Last edited:
P

pkobbeltvedt

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The most important thing to me is the strategy I apply.

When the blinds are small I play more hands, but when the blinds go up, I apply my tournament strategy where I play certain hands.

A big part of the strategy is to keep calm. If I am happy with the way, I've been playing certain hands but lost anyway due to an unlucky river hand, I try to stay focused and not be too aggressive in pursuit of winning back the lost chip count.

L

LuisBoaC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it's got to be maintaining focus over long periods of time. Just remembering to pay attention to what everyone does whether I'm in the hand or not seems to be my biggest hurdle, but if I do that the rest becomes much easier.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me its to play my game. i really have to work on clamming down in the later levels where i tend to have my matusow moment. I can play an excellent game then in one hand make a move i know is foolish. then wonder why i played so well for 3 hours then blew it with one stupid move

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
HOLD!!!!!!!!!!
(for my hands to hold)

M

mrbond8844

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
have a strategy/gameplan, bankroll management, get to know the players around you.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not only compare range based off position, but also adding in chip stacks/standard open range of players.