which is the most important thing for you when playing a tournament

H

HeyMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play tight but more hands at the beginning of the tournament then more aggressive from position in the later stages

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
patience of course. follow a global strategy from the beginning until the end of the tournament and if possible Play the players more than play the cards. Do not be too greedy and protect as much as possible yours cards.

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most important thing to me in a tournament is how many big blinds I have because it is kind of like a road map for me. It dictates to me on what kind of hands that I can play in whatever position of the table that I am in under whatever different table scenarios that I am facing at the time.

A

Avvavva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't let all the all-ins by opponents influence your strategy!

Jayplay916

Jayplay916

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it's about creating a table image and that image can differ from each tournament.

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me the most important thing is to have a calm mind :p:p

The most important thing for me while playing tournament is "to stay in the tournament". I don't want to be out of tournament.
And to stay in the tournament i will do everything that is needed in the game.

M

Mohamed reda bouzzroud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the mindset, it is very important, I play better when I am emotionally neutral

A

AngelBLR_Poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most important thing for me when I'm playing in the tournament - this is the number of chips have at least a little bit more than the average for the players in this tournament.

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hour peak game I have comes night. Tournaments are long in time. For me it is important to sleep, not to fall asleep during the game :sleep:

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you 100%. When I get sleepy I open my play very wide, playing Ax, Kx, Qx, Jx and 10x, sometimes throwing in anything connected down to 54o. I am trying to either get a huge chip lead so if I doze off I am not blinded out, or bust on out, I speed that process up so I know where I am at in the tournament.. So that by the times the blinds become 1,000/2,000 I should have dozed for 15-30 minutes and grabbed a power nap in.
Hour peak game I have comes night. Tournaments are long in time. For me it is important to sleep, not to fall asleep during the game :sleep:

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Play tournament

I think the most important thing is to calm lucid you play and mostly rested and ready for battle:)

G

Glev Jr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most importantly easy to stick to your strategy)

Ovuvuevuevue

Ovuvuevuevue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All you can do is play your best poker and keep calm whether you win or lose. Any emotion can potentially make you lose all your chips!

Elcholu

Elcholu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lo primero es entrar en las posiciones de ganancia, y desde allí ir lo más lejos posible, la idea es ganar un torneo.

Pepitcho23

Pepitcho23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most important thing for me is to be in the prizes.
Play tight at the begining.
Never call all in preeflop if you are more than 5 players in the hand.

Igorek1313

Igorek1313

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the most important in the tournament is patience. patience and a little effort)))

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker is the ultimate stay in the moment activity

each situation has to be weighed and assessed in isolation even if you have history with a player

most important thing is to have a strategy and assess each situation in isolation...