Chips
The mindset: I'm gonna take this down!

J

jfitzg414

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haven't played many tourneys but I find I want to be too aggressive early on so I have to tone down and wait. not go all in too quickly big han 3 to 4 bump

Terrell423

Terrell423

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play tight at the beginning of the tournament and than when most of the donkeys get eliminated I play more aggressive

Jayplay916

Jayplay916

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know when the late registration and rebuys are over the blinds are high and people are falling fast is to me the most critical moment in the tournament.

J

j t

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To already realize I may lose and be ok with that outcome.

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most important thing to me when I play a tourney is to win. Second most important thing is to play a solid game. Don't let the bingo playing donks push me off my game. As long as I play a solid game I can live with whatever place I finish in for playing a solid game is a little win of it's own.:D:D

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me the most important thing is to play my game and not get caught up in the moment.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Trying to stay focused all the time.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to agree with this statement

for me the most important thing is to have a calm mind :p:p
Often times when I get stirred up I tend to spiral out of control but when I stay calm I find I can overcome some difficult situations. I bet I've lost a lot more times then I needed to by losing my patience.

R

Rounder646

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience ! In both the long run and short run I think the patience to always stick to your A game and treat every stack size with the same amount of effort. Tournaments can be swingy, so being able to stay calm and play your best game throughout all situations will give you the best chance to win !

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Knowing when to push, fold, and remembering your table position. You have to calculate the gains and risks at all times.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Winning with patient play!!!

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Concentration, patience...
Play for survival, play the situation, play the table, try not to tilt and never think that you can't go any further.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
For me the most important thing to do is just play smart poker. If you go out there and play your A game every time overall you will go far in tournament play. It does not matter if you fail today, tomorrow or the next 10 days as long as you play smartly. In the long run you will win.

May the flop be with you.

GameTheoryOptional

GameTheoryOptional

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the most success in tournaments when I do not look at things like how many players left, average chip count, etc. When I am focusing on what is the best play with this many BBs I usually make it the deepest.

guicor30

guicor30

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most important thing is to stay away from distractions.
But it is also important to be aware of every play made by opponents, especially if it is a long-term tournament.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to have the mind set of patience.

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, the most important thing in the tournament is the ability not to lose concentration! But I still not very good to remain calm for long distances and smoothly through the entire tournament!

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play to win it,might play different each tourney depends on players at table tight loose all comes into it.:):):)

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience & patience, focus and plenty of time.

J

JohhnPreston

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
To be focus on players you play with. Who is bluffing, who's betting with nothing and make notes TAG, LAG, fish.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Profits in tournaments depends on a lot of things that you have to know and to be. As other mates wrote above, a winner mindset is very important and equally important is to make the most correct decisions as much as possible, even you lose.