Limping

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
think an easy way to do it is.....you can limp pp when you have 30x the limp amt in your stack

Are you trying to lead the newer members into a false sense of security knowing you will shove on your BB to their limp. :D

:top:

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ilike sometimes to limp,but is not good to use very often....

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How you play your position and the 2 cards you draw is up to you, and it is something you need to learn quickly. Many think you never come into the pot limping. They always raise, and there is nothing wrong with that, and most of the time I do the same, but I do limp is some positions, because of the cards I hold, and because of the players after me. What do you do with 22 UTG? For me, I have two to pick from. I can muck them or limp. And if I do limp early, I'm always ready for the raise. And most of the time the raise is too much for me to call with that hand. But sometimes I get to see the flop cheap and have a chance to hit a set, and if I do with that hand, I try to kill how ever many is in the pot. GL

bellybuster7

bellybuster7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
limp=fish. never limp only raise call or fold

Stevan

Stevan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to limp on hot table with couple of maniacs.
They always raise and i like to re raise them or just call in order to outplay them.
I don't prefer to limp on table where everyone is limping with some random hand.

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with maniac at the table its a good move

Senneville

Senneville

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don"t like limp and limper people. I'm a tight player and I hate limper so bad. I feel so happy and disgracefull when I caught people on live table you have no idea the feeling I have when its happen. And the opposite when I am limping by someone. Anyway for me is not a good strategy to limp another poker player so i don't limp. And at the table I call A limper when I see one and call him to everybody heard me lolll . ya I'm that type of guy.

S

subdylzep

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most people hate when people limp and they call it a bad play, however i love limping in MTTs and i have been very profitable and cash about 30% of the time when i play for a living. I will say this, everything in poker is situational, there are times in tournaments when i'll never limp and continue to raise preflop almost all the time, i favor a small raise of say 2.5X blind to a 3or4x the blind raise to get more value from my blinds. Limping should be used w some disgretion, I like it early in the tournament against a lot of people w some pretty crappy or suited hands. I think its effective for early in tournaments w some suited connectors or a suited ace or a small pair, but beware ive ran into set over set this way a few times, and the more raises (bets) you make into a pot the more information you obtain so you could end up getting away from a set over set situation given the deepness of your stacks and information you obtain. Its best to limp in situations where you have an overly aggressive table and its hard to put people on hands so you can see more flops, if you keep the pot low you can see more hands for cheaper and effectively see more middle of the road hands, this is why i use it early in the tournament and sometimes when im a larger stack late in the tournament. I dont favor it whenever its later in the tournament unless i have a lot more chips than other opponents and have been able to put them on hand ranges easier. If i am chip leader (this happens often) and i am dealt 1010 from UTG many times i will limp something like this or JJ because i'll get a better read on the table especially later in the tournament and generally save chips, If i limp there and someone raises in High hat w 15 BBs to 3x the blind, and then a tighter player raises to 9x the blind w 30 blinds in the button position I can easily muck my JJ or 1010 without thinking. I know i am beat becasue i have seen enough hands played by them and ive saved at least a blind or 2 limping my big pair and playing it soft. generally High hat w have AQ or so and button would have KK and i can get away from my hand cheap whereas if i raise i could obtain a call from the AQ and then a reraise from the KK in late position in which case im wondering if hes using his image to represent a big hand and make a squeeze play on me. All these things factor in when playing a long tournament. If im middle stacked against some more aggressive table i'll often use a limp on the button and wait for a SB or BB to push all in and try to steal the blinds from my limp thinking im weak when i have an AA or KK or AK preflop. This is a very risky play however, especially w AK because esentially you are only 60 40 to any live cards and if you do go to the flop w the limping stategy you'll have to be very wary of the hands others can have, I think its a great effective tool if you have the experience to get away from your big hands and call w your weaker hands. Its all in the way you play the hand, the people at your table, your stacks compared to the blinds, and importantly YOUR style. I am much better at reading people than i am at convincing people, therefore i use the limp and the check much more often and much more effectively than most, i also possess enough experience to get away from my hands and understand the math involved with each situation from the pot odds to the implied odds and the fractions bet. Its just all about how you play and how you control your chips, I could never play like Gus hanson, and i doubt he could ever play like me. Whatever works for you. Poker has so many variables and is very situational so do whatever works for you and gl in the future.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Most people hate when people limp and they call it a bad play, however i love limping in MTTs and i have been very profitable and cash about 30% of the time when i play for a living. I will say this, everything in poker is situational, there are times in tournaments when i'll never limp and continue to raise preflop almost all the time, i favor a small raise of say 2.5X blind to a 3or4x the blind raise to get more value from my blinds. Limping should be used w some disgretion, I like it early in the tournament against a lot of people w some pretty crappy or suited hands. I think its effective for early in tournaments w some suited connectors or a suited ace or a small pair, but beware ive ran into set over set this way a few times, and the more raises (bets) you make into a pot the more information you obtain so you could end up getting away from a set over set situation given the deepness of your stacks and information you obtain. Its best to limp in situations where you have an overly aggressive table and its hard to put people on hands so you can see more flops, if you keep the pot low you can see more hands for cheaper and effectively see more middle of the road hands, this is why i use it early in the tournament and sometimes when im a larger stack late in the tournament. I dont favor it whenever its later in the tournament unless i have a lot more chips than other opponents and have been able to put them on hand ranges easier. If i am chip leader (this happens often) and i am dealt 1010 from UTG many times i will limp something like this or JJ because i'll get a better read on the table especially later in the tournament and generally save chips, If i limp there and someone raises in High hat w 15 BBs to 3x the blind, and then a tighter player raises to 9x the blind w 30 blinds in the button position I can easily muck my JJ or 1010 without thinking. I know i am beat becasue i have seen enough hands played by them and ive saved at least a blind or 2 limping my big pair and playing it soft. generally High hat w have AQ or so and button would have KK and i can get away from my hand cheap whereas if i raise i could obtain a call from the AQ and then a reraise from the KK in late position in which case im wondering if hes using his image to represent a big hand and make a squeeze play on me. All these things factor in when playing a long tournament. If im middle stacked against some more aggressive table i'll often use a limp on the button and wait for a SB or BB to push all in and try to steal the blinds from my limp thinking im weak when i have an AA or KK or AK preflop. This is a very risky play however, especially w AK because esentially you are only 60 40 to any live cards and if you do go to the flop w the limping stategy you'll have to be very wary of the hands others can have, I think its a great effective tool if you have the experience to get away from your big hands and call w your weaker hands. Its all in the way you play the hand, the people at your table, your stacks compared to the blinds, and importantly YOUR style. I am much better at reading people than i am at convincing people, therefore i use the limp and the check much more often and much more effectively than most, i also possess enough experience to get away from my hands and understand the math involved with each situation from the pot odds to the implied odds and the fractions bet. Its just all about how you play and how you control your chips, I could never play like Gus hanson, and i doubt he could ever play like me. Whatever works for you. Poker has so many variables and is very situational so do whatever works for you and gl in the future.

One word "Paragraphs" most people won't read a giant sentence.

:top:

L

Lance Webster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If a player with a good hand is going to let me limp with rags then he will get beat by rags is my thought

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I limp usually when I have connectors or some cards in color....

dgospa

dgospa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
limping..

Well i dont like limping and i dont do that too many times. So if u think your cards are good enough raise or if u have second thoughts just fold. If i do limping i would do it with A10 or A n smaller suited cards and small pocket pairs 22, 33, 44, 55..Dont do much limping cuz u will lose all your chips, or u will find yourself short stacked and your suffering starts.. So raise or fold! Thats mine opinion :joyman: everyone have their own play style. Cheers!

M

Mauno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Limping makes you loos your chips usually... Mostly you are agains multiple players and they all ave possibility to get good card from table.

dundo84

dundo84

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend to limp in tourneys in early stage when the blinds are small and the table action is allowing it.Cracked pocket aces yesterday with 45s , some players don't bet enough preflop with premium hands.Never limp or bet small with premium hands, the zynga players in the freerolls and low buy ins tend to call every hand they get if u don't bet a bit more.Even then they call, sometimes u have to shove premium hands depending on the calling stations and their calling range, just pay attention.