Late buy in advantage?

J

Jim_Saras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to buy-in early and draw more hands rather than play the bingo game of the all-in or fold that happens in the late stages of the game. You simply have more blinds to play with.

soLdaTeS88

soLdaTeS88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play from the beginning of the tournament, as there are many weak players - and this is a good chance to get a big stack closer to the bubble. I don't like late registration because you have few blinds when you enter the tournament - and you end up having to rely on luck when pushing

M

MtnRefugee

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like you should get in and start collecting chips from the start. Your only missing opportunity from weak early opponents.

MikeDTT

MikeDTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not at all , you lose advantage of lower blinds and then you must put on with "mountains"

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool: Of course, if you have a lot of advantage, and also a disadvantage, there are many players who, as they know they have a good bank, use these tournaments to buy back and have enough chips, all bets with weak cards, in these tournaments many FISHs are achieved, They play pure bingo, and on the other hand it has its advantage as well, as a player who plays solidly will get good chips, if he loses it is due to bad luck and bad bets.

If you lose, don't get frustrated , understand, you did the best you could ...
png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAABQAAAAUCAQAAAAngNWGAAAAF0lEQVR42mM8XM9AFGAcVTiqcFQhCAAAUfwZPaO0fFQAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

att: el_soma77
png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAABQAAAAUCAQAAAAngNWGAAAAF0lEQVR42mM8XM9AFGAcVTiqcFQhCAAAUfwZPaO0fFQAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally find an advantage with late buy ins for satellite style tournaments due to the low entrances. I on the other hand don’t see much advantage to late buy in a cash tournament other than maybe a min cash with other player stacks being so large.

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late buy-in

No advantage here, would be nearly impossible to catch the leaders. This is a trap to entice late comers, you will never beat the house. This is what people will never understand. Capo1014

B

booosteeer23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If there is a tournament with knockouts, then there is no point in late registration. I am generally a supporter of starting a tournament from the start.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Advantages and disadvantages..

Disadvantage of rebuy: Most cases, a rebuy isn't good financially, when the blinds are up towards the end, so you rebuy, to maybe the average sttack, and the min cash usually isn't as much as the rebuy.

Another factor is timing. If you lose a bunch of chips early, and normally excel towards the end, it can make sense to rebuy, to give you an opportunity to build your stack before the blinds get large.

Pammypoo

Pammypoo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have entered them early and have entered them late. I prefer to enter early.Where you can play without having to push your good hands. I find that when you enter late you have to gamble more for sure, unless you wanna just blind to the money or blind out. But I have made the final table several times entering late. They last so damn long too., and if I don't feel like playing all those hours I will enter late .