KC's Rush Strategy

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like the graphics KC ;) And the info obviously. Will analyze more when I get home and might ask some questions.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KC Should I be folding this one this one? Early on in the tourney. Ten hands in maybe.

I can't find the HH for some reason but I was UTG with AK of Hearts and raised my usual 3xbb All folded around to the BB who flat called Flop Comes K26 Rainbow. BB goes all in

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KC Should I be folding this one this one? Early on in the tourney. Ten hands in maybe.

I can't find the HH for some reason but I was UTG with AK of Hearts and raised my usual 3xbb All folded around to the BB who flat called Flop Comes K26 Rainbow. BB goes all in

I'm calling, a flat call doesn't tell us much but his flop bet does. If he flatted you with a pair and hit a set would he really push here? IMO no. Also depending on the tournament I might make a different choice but more times than not I'm snap calling and expecting to see KQ or a scared 1010.

Z

Zync

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Id say around 10 BB Im shoving in LP to steal with a pretty wide range.

Is the range : any ace, suited kings, painted card and pairs is your range?

I recently not pushing with all aces. A lot of time, I pushed with A5 to A9 and got called by a better ace. So, I recently change to try the steal with suited kings since I usually have 2 live cards.

A10 will call me when I'll push. I then prefer having K6s than A6. By pushing with suited kings, this should cover the time that I have a weak call by someone holding j-10.

Does it make sense?

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is the range : any ace, suited kings, painted card and pairs is your range?

I recently not pushing with all aces. A lot of time, I pushed with A5 to A9 and got called by a better ace. So, I recently change to try the steal with suited kings since I usually have 2 live cards.

A10 will call me when I'll push. I then prefer having K6s than A6. By pushing with suited kings, this should cover the time that I have a weak call by someone holding j-10.

Does it make sense?

it does. I understand what you mean. I too have been called by weak aces since many know the situation and call weak instead of folding. I def have been caught with A7 losing to A9 and A8.

The suited King idea isnt bad and i see what you mean. I think it can be player dependent if we are deep enough to have reads. I will try to get some hands together like this so we can discuss more in detail!

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm calling, a flat call doesn't tell us much but his flop bet does. If he flatted you with a pair and hit a set would he really push here? IMO no. Also depending on the tournament I might make a different choice but more times than not I'm snap calling and expecting to see KQ or a scared 1010.

I called and unfortunately he had K2 and my 8:15 game was over around 8:18

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I called and unfortunately he had K2 and my 8:15 game was over around 8:18

Ugh unlucky, but you wanted him to call PF OOP with K 2 overtime these type of players make us $$

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the feedback KC. I will be trying this game again tomorrow if I get to the PC in time.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AKs did me in again today. This time very close to the bubble. 72 ppl left 63 get paid and I am in 70th place.

BB is 340

I am in MP. UTG (somewhat of a medium to large stack) limps so I decide to push my 2400 stack into the middle. Everyone folds back to the UTG limper who calls and shows 77 which holds up.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KC anything I should have done differently? The odds were against me again today.

AKs did me in again today. This time very close to the bubble. 72 ppl left 63 get paid and I am in 70th place.

BB is 340

I am in MP. UTG (somewhat of a medium to large stack) limps so I decide to push my 2400 stack into the middle. Everyone folds back to the UTG limper who calls and shows 77 which holds up.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KC anything I should have done differently? The odds were against me again today.

Well usually lat in a tourney a limper UTG can mean huge pairs AA KK QQ etc. Unfortunately it was a low pair but still a pair.

Well short stack i assume I say shove here. Late in tournies especially near the bubble a lot of people's fate relies on coin flips. That the game though and it happens a lot in mtts with stack sizes and so on.

So you did good dont worry :)

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well usually lat in a tourney a limper UTG can mean huge pairs AA KK QQ etc. Unfortunately it was a low pair but still a pair.

Well short stack i assume I say shove here. Late in tournies especially near the bubble a lot of people's fate relies on coin flips. That the game though and it happens a lot in mtts with stack sizes and so on.

So you did good dont worry :)

I cant see how I could have layed down AKs here. I was close to being out and I dont think i would have made it passed the bubble otherwise.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The bad beats in Rush are ridiculous. I know some of you are making serious money at this game but I can't see how to get past the bad beats I know I have only been at it for three tourneys but my BR will go bye bye if this continues.

Villain raises standard raise I three bet him he comes back ove rhte top all in and the rest is history.

Attachments

• Rush.JPG
    Rush.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 172
Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Curtis, I have just started playing these and find myself, min-cashing. I am losing it on pre-final table play when the tables are 5 handed for what seems like forever. I am going to give it another shot tonight and put on a pair of pants and try to steal and resteal more and see how it goes. I have quickly found that unlike other tournaments there is no floating from this stage to the final table.
I have only played 4 of them but find this to be my main leak.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When it gets to 15 or so left, should we be stalling? It seems a lot of people do...me, i want to fold quickly to get a better hand and win some chips but this does push you through the blinds really quickly...

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^I don't stall, but I do blind out, lol.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
don;t stall steal in good positions at the right times!

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^This works, I tried and actually had to push myself to do it.
I finally made a final table and am 1/8 left.
Thanks KC :)

Went out 3rd, but I am happy with that, next time......

Last edited:
KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
^^^This works, I tried and actually had to push myself to do it.
I finally made a final table and am 1/8 left.
Thanks KC :)

Went out 3rd, but I am happy with that, next time......

thats great!!!

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been doing pretty good building mymini BR at FTP so i decided to give the 1.10 Rush tourney anoher go and i am sad to say i am now 4 loses our of 4 played in in this.

M is about 4 (I have 1700 chips or so with BB blinds at 150/300) and I wake up to QQ UTG so I shove and SB (big stack) calls. He ends up with KK and they hold up.

I gotta figure out why this strategy is not working for me. I have a feeling my middle game is not strong enough. Not sure what my stealing range is and from what positions.